New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
That has started. The seating area there will become much larger (think Plaza landing).

Expect the moat to have a whole different look by the time the "second ring" of the Hub is done. Get your moat pictures while you can!

Ummmmm, what???

How much moat are we losing?

DisneyGentleman

Jim Hill did say a while ago that they would be Fireworks and Parade viewing in the rose garden.

All you have to do is apply one simple rule - if there is an opportunity to make money off of MM+, it will happen.

Dumping the gardens and moat in favor of "special viewing areas" is a whole lot more profitable than new attractions.

I wonder when we will see the World Showcase Lagoon land-locked by expensive restaurants and MM+ viewing areas?

wogwog

All you have to do is apply one simple rule - if there is an opportunity to make money off of MM+, it will happen.

Dumping the gardens and moat in favor of "special viewing areas" is a whole lot more profitable than new attractions.

I wonder when we will see the World Showcase Lagoon land-locked by expensive restaurants and MM+ viewing areas?
Shhh! Iger is listening.

wogwog

Someone said the were testing fake bricks on the backs of the buildings, but no photos of that
I used it Saturday. The bypass is still a wide concrete path with potted plants and orange cones to indicate the way out. As @tl77 said a small area has been hand painted with "bricks" covering a small patch of the ugly green walls back stage. Probably a test to evaluate cost and practicality.

boufa

You know, it's as if the Ferengi have taken-over Disney - it's all about profit and gold-pressed latinum, and Iger is the Grand Nagus.

The problem is that you just realized this. Never fall for marketing, Disney exists for only 1 thing... and it always did only exist for 1 thing.. to make money. Once you accept it, you will like Disney better.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And here's a rough approximation...

image.jpg

DisneyGentleman

The problem is that you just realized this. Never fall for marketing, Disney exists for only 1 thing... and it always did only exist for 1 thing.. to make money. Once you accept it, you will like Disney better.
I wish it were that simple. Some businesses provide value, and some just suck your wallet dry.

My preference is to spend my money on the former, and Disney is evolving to the latter.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Any theming on the walls? Billboards? What about hiding the back of the main street buildings?

I'm guessing no, given how Disney is trending.
From what I know, Victorian style billboards and possibly scrims or painted flats.

The green areas I drew are planters, so hopefully will have flowers, shrubbery and some trees as opposed to just grass.

CrescentLake

From what I know, Victorian style billboards and possibly scrims or painted flats.

The green areas I drew are planters, so hopefully will have flowers, shrubbery and some trees as opposed to just grass.

Thanks, makes sense. Still on the fence on this one, as I am with the hub. Could look solid or could look cheap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom