New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

hpyhnt 1000

I've hear vague murmurings about this. Any more details of what exactly is happening?

Move pavement presumably.

I seem to *faintly* remember something a while back about some of the grassy areas being shrunk down even further, and possibly the rose garden/path area seeing changes as well. But I could be way off base with this (and I hope I am).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Move pavement presumably.

I seem to *faintly* remember something a while back about some of the grassy areas being shrunk down even further, and possibly the rose garden/path area seeing changes as well. But I could be way off base with this (and I hope I am).

There was this exchange:

Do you know what the plans for the hub are? I saw a permit for this a couple weeks ago. With an the expiration date of 11/17/2015 and the contractor being Construction, this must be a big project.
MK Hub Hardscape Refresh
More capacity and more concrete. Maybe new waterway bridges. Hopefully the east MSUSA arcade too.

rudyjr13

I didn't see this posted anywhere else, but there are currently construction walls outside of Casey's Corner. For those wondering why so many walls surrounding that toward First Aid and the Crystal Palace, they are working on expanding and redoing the Hub walkways to help with traffic nightmares. This along with the bypass they are constructing are supposed to help give more defined walkways for traffic flow and allow other areas to fill in for more parade and fireworks viewing. Eventually, we will see more work done create more of a complete "outer ring" of the Hub.

For anyone who has gotten stuck in this area during a parade or fireworks, as I have, this is a welcome project. This is one instance where sacrificing the trees and planters are a great idea to me.

MarkTwain

For anyone who has gotten stuck in this area during a parade or fireworks, as I have, this is a welcome project. This is one instance where sacrificing the trees and planters are a great idea to me.

Starting to agree. For some reason, it's the seating area in front of Casey's Corner that causes the most crowd problems around parades and fireworks, and it's something the Main Street bypass won't fix. I'd be in favor of opening the area up a little as long as some of the landscaping would be kept.

tl77

Starting to agree. For some reason, it's the seating area in front of Casey's Corner that causes the most crowd problems around parades and fireworks, and it's something the Main Street bypass won't fix. I'd be in favor of opening the area up a little as long as some of the landscaping would be kept.

This area in front of Casey's Corner is currently surrounded by construction walls, someone has photos of it on here some place but I don't remember which thread

JerseyDad

I fear the worst for the rose garden. I am picturing one big concrete slab covering that whole area. :(

....I faintly hear the theme music for this new construction ..........what's that? ...it's not Disney music? WAIT ...it's getting louder ......HEY!! I hear Joni Mitchell...

...."They took all the trees
And put them in a tree museum
Then they charged the people
A dollar and a half just to see 'em
Don't it always seem to go,
That you don't know what you've got
‘Til it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot".

JerseyDad

Why don't they just build fireworks viewing areas on the second levels or roofs of the end buildings on Main Street? It would definitely save space,

....one reason: $$$$$$$

....buildings would need roofs reinforced for added live load
....correct width stairs and elevators needed for ADA compliance and ingress / egress load ....and the stairs and elevator shaft inside would delete from retail square footage of ground floor
....safety railing needed around roof parapet ....wouldn't 'mesh' with building architecture.

....it gets complicated.

peachykeen

That has started. The seating area there will become much larger (think Plaza landing).

Expect the moat to have a whole different look by the time the "second ring" of the Hub is done. Get your moat pictures while you can!

ABQ

That has started. The seating area there will become much larger (think Plaza landing).

Expect the moat to have a whole different look by the time the "second ring" of the Hub is done. Get your moat pictures while you can!
Sad....sorta....but some parts of that moat are nothing but green slimy stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom