New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

donsullivan

Premium Member
Was anyone in this backstage area during the Christmas parade filming? just wondering what's up with this mystery project

I got routed back there on Saturday afternoon during the parade taping and didn't notice anything significantly different than any time in the past.

Debbie

I often compare Main Street during parade hours to Bourbon Street at Mardi Gras but without the drunks, beads to slip on and the horrible smell. Walk one block over; and it's smooth sailing. I think this is a great idea and a long time coming.
Hi Steve! and all my friends!! I've missed you!

MOXOMUMD

I often compare Main Street during parade hours to Bourbon Street at Mardi Gras but without the drunks, beads to slip on and the horrible smell. Walk one block over; and it's smooth sailing. I think this is a great idea and a long time coming.
Hi Steve! and all my friends!! I've missed you!
Good comparison and so true.

MissM

Surely the bypass was open over the holidays. Did anybody see any changes here?
I was there Christmas eve and it was NOT open. They were trying to route people through the Tomorrowland Terrace to exit which was useless and meant there were several houra between parades and fireworks you literally couldn't leave. They needed it open that day and I wasn't happy to see no bypass option.

tl77

I just remember this was at D23 this year, it's a model from 1955 for the never built "International Street" that was proposed for Disneyland. It was suppose to be off Main Street in pretty much the same location where this bypass is going in Disney World

IMG_2458-X2.jpg

Scuttle

I just remember this was at D23 this year, it's a model from 1955 for the never built "International Street" that was proposed for Disneyland. It was suppose to be off Main Street in pretty much the same location where this bypass is going in Disney World

IMG_2458-X2.jpg
Wow! I highly doubt it'll look like that, but if it does I'll be one happy man.

I was thinking this was going to be a small cheap TDO band aid. I really hope it's something similar to above.

tl77

Wow! I highly doubt it'll look like that, but if it does I'll be one happy man.

I was thinking this was going to be a small cheap TDO band aid. I really hope it's something similar to above.

Since you're one of the aerial photography fellas, have you see any progress back in that area?

Ignohippo

No chance! This was going to be a mini-land for Disneyland.

Now, it were like this....

View attachment 42013

It would be like a dream come true if it were anything like this.

The irony is they're spending hundreds of millions to expand in this way at DTD yet do nothing to expand the busiest retail corridor at the busiest theme park in the world. Makes sense.

Scuttle

It would be like a dream come true if it were anything like this.

The irony is they're spending hundreds of millions to expand in this way at DTD yet do nothing to expand the busiest retail corridor at the busiest theme park in the world. Makes sense.
So true, it's also crazy they are building an alternate route around the busiest retail corridor. Even if it is only open during peak times I'm shocked they are giving guests an option to skip Merch Street USA.

grimb168

We sat back there on the 30th to watch the fireworks at 12:00. They had tables chairs to use and was a pretty good spot to watch. No work has really been done yet.

maxairmike

Like others have said, it looks no different than what was there before. They just removed the big white tank and some planters at the end of the parking area (which they couldn't even repave smoothly, its all kinds of uneven).

Tom

Beta Return
So true, it's also crazy they are building an alternate route around the busiest retail corridor. Even if it is only open during peak times I'm shocked they are giving guests an option to skip Merch Street USA.

There comes a point when they really just need to get people the heck out of the park. 3rd shift has to be able to do their job at some point, and merch has to be able to re-stock.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom