New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

wogwog

I know they use it off and on through out the year, but when they film the Christmas Parade this Backstage area is the only way to get down Main Street. So I'm wondering what they'll do in 3 weeks when they block off Main Street for the parade filming if this backstage area is still under construction. It seems like they'll problems with all the holiday crowds if this area isn't completed by then
The current construction will not interfere with the often used route. The construction area is well east of the area directly behind Main St. You can scroll back on this thread to the excellent arial photos of the area and clearly see. I had a meeting at MK today and walked by the construction. The work area is still contained inside the walls.

willtravel

The current construction will not interfere with the often used route. The construction area is well east of the area directly behind Main St. You can scroll back on this thread to the excellent arial photos of the area and clearly see. I had a meeting at MK today and walked by the construction. The work area is still contained inside the walls.
Could you tell me where this will dump people when done in connection to transportation?

maxime29

Premium Member
It's probably going to come out between Tony's and the Main Street Confectionery.

This location is the reason why the bypass isn't 100% effective. You still have to navigate through people that are watching the parade in front of Tony's. I still remember one trip that traffic was at a dead stop because we had two people in scooters holding up traffic for those leaving the park and coming into the park (there was barely enough room for two way traffic as the CMs roped off the parade seating area).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I agree that is the only practical exit. I am very familiar with all the back stage area and any other exit would be a massive undertaking. I do not see WDW spending that much money for such a solution.

Including having to cut another tunnel under the railroad tracks.

Cesar R M

Easy. Everyone will be dumped into Town Square. You will continue to use a bipedal mode of transportation unless you are small enough to have your own rickshaw.
at this rate.. either a double deck highway will be necessary... or they will use either: polite japanese metro officers (to push people around) or heavy industry equipment (backhoe loader or bulldozer) to move the people into the square...

FP+ will be requirement for CM Elite(tm) Push crew for your pushing pleasure.

willtravel

Easy. Everyone will be dumped into Town Square. You will continue to use a bipedal mode of transportation unless you are small enough to have your own rickshaw.
I guess I was thinking that this was going to take you outside of park (exiting all the way) not dumping into Town SQ. Misunderstood.

IWantMyMagicBand

No k

No kidding. How much of thst crap do you need the next 6-10 hours?
I know, right? There's constant stroller "hate" here, but the amount of times my kids get knocked in the head while queuing is unbelievable, people forget they have an extra 8 inches at bum level and think nothing of stepping back. When we don't need the stroller during the day I know the most I'll need is a spare nappy (diaper), some wipes, antibac gel, small boxes of raisins and suncream within immediate reach. It all goes in my cross body bag. And I have 3 young kids. Anything else can be bought. We have on occasion needed ponchos or raincoats but carry them in a carrier bag from one of the stores (if we don't have one the stores seem to be pretty obliging about giving us an empty one).
Rant over lol. Move along nothing to see here.....

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
o_O The heck kind of news is this??? What's wrong with the people running WDW?? Why would they actually make something to bypass Main Street USA?

I'm moving to California. Disneyland, here I come!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom