New Magic Kingdom Attraction?

Mecha Figment

Of course it isn't.. But that doesn't mean that its not being talked about back stage. and if i did know something i cant say the truth or i might loose my job.

But animal kingdom will see some new stuff happening soon. least we not forget the Tarzan rocks theater. I think it's awfuly FISHY that everyone has forgoten that all of a sudden.

M:SpilotISTC12

Mecha Figment said:
Of course it isn't.. But that doesn't mean that its not being talked about back stage. and if i did know something i cant say the truth or i might loose my job.

Are you just a Cm or imagineer? If your an imagineer I want to compliment you on a sweet job. And LUCKY!!! Im very jealous!

stitchcastle

Mecha Figment said:

But animal kingdom will see some new stuff happening soon. least we not forget the Tarzan rocks theater. I think it's awfuly FISHY that everyone has forgoten that all of a sudden.

because fishes are animals too and Disney is buying Pixar...I really don't like that rumour but hey there's always the chance that it could be another "FOTLK" but still, Nemo should just stay in EPCOT with all of his fishy friends.

Mecha Figment

well lets just put it this way. A lot of the entertainment folks have gotten a really bad fishy taste in their mouth about whats going on at Tarzan. And no body likes seafood.

stitchcastle

Mecha Figment said:
well lets just put it this way. A lot of the entertainment folks have gotten a really bad fishy taste in their mouth about whats going on at Tarzan. And no body likes seafood.

I don't get it.

anyway, that's my last post on this board, you guys play nice it is disney after all.

Legacy

Lee said:
Give him a gold star!:animwink:
Looks like imaginationeer just proved himself...

Hey Lee, I never forgot the two elements you said were being looked into for the 20K site... I know it hasn't been finalized but was curious if they have remained.

(Height Restriction and Water)

CaptainMichael

Legacy said:
Hey Lee, I never forgot the two elements you said were being looked into for the 20K site... I know it hasn't been finalized but was curious if they have remained.

(Height Restriction and Water)
I am curious as well.
STR8FAN "Wishing Lee would tell us some good news to counteract the dreadful news about Nemo in DAK" 2005

Legacy

STR8FAN2005 said:
I am curious as well.
STR8FAN "Wishing Lee would tell us some good news to counteract the dreadful news about Nemo in DAK" 2005
Well, the attraction I figured was going in was never denied, so at least a year ago it was still being considered. The time in which this approval process has gone is leading me to suspect that the financing of it might be a little hard to swallow... especially with two similar rides so close to each other.

CaptainMichael

Legacy said:
Well, the attraction I figured was going in was never denied, so at least a year ago it was still being considered. The time in which this approval process has gone is leading me to suspect that the financing of it might be a little hard to swallow... especially with two similar rides so close to each other.
I know what you're talking about. While you were gone we talked about it a little, but you know how people can be around here.:rolleyes: I think Lee said it was still a consideration but not as popular as it once was.

I found the quote:
Lee said:
It's gathering dust at this point...but remains a viable concept for the MK.
Thread:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=48892&page=2&highlight=bald+mountain

Legacy

STR8FAN2005 said:
I know what you're talking about. While you were gone we talked about it a little, but you know how people can be around here.:rolleyes: I think Lee said it was still a consideration but not as popular as it once was.

I found the quote:

Thread:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=48892&page=2&highlight=bald+mountain
I vaugely remember... the interesting thing is that I really see no viable franchise to effectively utilize that space besides the villians, and honestly I think it would be very effective because it would provide a darker appeal for MK.

CaptainMichael

Legacy said:
I vaugely remember... the interesting thing is that I really see no viable franchise to effectively utilize that space besides the villians, and honestly I think it would be very effective because it would provide a darker appeal for MK.
I think I would be more excited about this project than Expedition Everest. The reasonable, logical side of me sees Disney waiting to use this when the time is right.

Lee

Adventurer
[/QUOTE]
STR8FAN2005 said:
"Wishing Lee would tell us some good news to counteract the dreadful news about Nemo in DAK"

Ummm....sorry....:rolleyes:

As far as I know, that concept is still around...but has been bumped in favor of some pretty serious rehabs around the park. But, as we all know, good ideas never die at Disney.

Enderikari said:
Likewise, brother.... Except for I am in the business of dispelling rumors, not creating them.

I'm just curious why you think we would believe you more than anyone else or why we would give more weight to what you post than what anyone else posts. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, now does it?

tirian

To answer the original post in this thread:

A couple of months ago, Disney announced on its portal (its CM-only web site) that at the Magic Kingdom, they were spending the next few years concentrating only on refurbishing classic attractions and the park itself.

Which is why I originally warned readers that the 20K site doesn't have a budget right now and you shouldn't hold your breath for it...but we all know how that statement was misread! :rolleyes:

ANYWAY, the only viable rumors right now are a villains meet-and-greet (which, as I already said, might not happen because Liberty Square doesn't want the characters blocking the HM entrance); and a shorter run for "Cinderellabration," which Entertainment has been trying to end for a while but has been pressured to keep due to its marketing (HCoE).

If you want to know something interesting that didn't happen, Toontown had a budget approved to dramatically update its character locations, but the money was redistributed to other areas when Donald's ship and the playground needed to be refurbished. The entire land (like everything else at the MK) will be refurbished, but not in the order originally planned. Just a useless but interesting tidbit.

(and the tree comment was sarcasm; furthermore, the tree behind Central Shops was for the Studios, not Epcot [big Santa heads]. i reported that the belt at HM was replaced, not doombuggies. yes, i enjoyed MNSSHP and MVMCP, but i have no idea what you're talking about. my department is in the feature animation building at the studios; come have lunch with me at the brother bear cafe)

yensidtlaw1969

Lee said:
Ummm....sorry....:rolleyes:

As far as I know, that concept is still around...but has been bumped in favor of some pretty serious rehabs around the park. But, as we all know, good ideas never die at Disney.
Does this mean the land won't be used to expand the park, and just for one attraction?

That sounds kind of dork.

Yensid "dork is now an adjective" tlaw1969

CaptainMichael

yensidtlaw1969 said:
Does this mean the land won't be used to expand the park, and just for one attraction?

That sounds kind of dork.

Yensid "dork is now an adjective" tlaw1969
It means that money that would originally have gone to the development of 20K is now being used to refurb already existing attractions....And Bald Mountain isn't quite dead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom