New Magic Kingdom Attraction?

MiklCraw4d

Mecha Figment said:
I will say this....

the bee's are buzzing.

And *I* will say this...

you have the most brilliantly hilarious avatar EVER.

(and, of course, if they're really going to do Fire Mountain after all I'm very excited. Although I would like them to get Tomorrowland sorted out first...)

MiklCraw4d

RSoxNo1 said:
A variation of this "morphing" coaster was set to be part of Beastly Kingdomme called Dragon Towers. I'm sure Jim Hill has half a dozen articles on it.

Or, half a dozen "Part Ones" of unfinished articles about it...

MiklCraw4d

Enderikari said:
A: Absolutely, the concept of an area in the Animal Kingdom dedicated to creatures of fantasy was discussed, and blue-skyed for a while, but the idea of "Beastly Kingdom" keeps popping up like a bad dream. Every mention of this long dead project brings hundreds of armchair-imagineers to the fore-front, wishing they were in charge. I didn't mean to imply that the concept of Beatly Kingdom was never a consideration, I meant to imply let the Walt Disney Company do its job. Believe it or not, they know best at how to keep Walt Disney World open to make magic for the guests.

Bitter much? There is absolutely no need or call for the tone in your posts. This is a forum for news and *rumors*. Not to mention the fact that, as a site dedicated to Disney, one wouldn't think a little bit of imaginative blue-sky imagineering would be out of place. I'll never understand the desire of people to come on and police posters by putting them down like this. If I wanted to come in and write a 500-word post about my dream of linking Beastly Kingdom to the fifth thrill-ride based Villain theme park via 10 miles of new monorail track I should be able to do it without being mocked and ridiculed. It might not be the most realistic idea, but did Walt ever care about what other people thought was realistic?

There's simply no need for snark or ad hominem attacks.

As for Fire Mountain, or Beastly Kingdom for that matter, these are known as fairly well-developed concepts (Beastly more than F.M.). Any fan of WDI knows that no great idea there ever dies, and you never know when something unbuilt is going to pop up years later. It makes sense that Beastly would live on in fans' minds as it was such a publicised and integral part of the original DAK concept. It would seem from rumors and leaks over the years that Joe R. hasn't given up on it, and WDI is always looking for new angles and ways to make it happen.

CaptainMichael

As we speak, Iger and Lasseter (sp?) could be touring the Imagineering facilities in Glendale and discussing shelved ideas. For those who don't know, Splash Mountain came about this way when Eisner took over.

Legacy

STR8FAN2005 said:
As we speak, Iger and Lasseter (sp?) could be touring the Imagineering facilities in Glendale and discussing shelved ideas. For those who don't know, Splash Mountain came about this way when Eisner took over.
Because he brought his teenage son along... yep.

MiklCraw4d

STR8FAN2005 said:
*There was concept art for Beastly Kingdom (not sure which book, but it is one)
*Fire Mountain could be sitting on a shelf somewhere in Glendale.
*There are trustable people on this site. Tirian is one of the newest ones to join my list of 4.

Just be sure and keep the list in a safe place!

For what it's worth, Tirian is all right by me (tm).

And you're darn right about both BK & FM... Beastly Kingdom concept art has been widely published, and I remember when they were floating trial balloons (literally!) in Adventureland for Fire Mountain.

As for me, I'd pass up a new MK E-ticket in exchange for some general sprucing up, a fixed Tomorrowland, and maybe a new D-ticket in Fantasyland. MK is just dandy without many new attractions, while MGM, AK, and World Showcase all really, *really* need new development.

MiklCraw4d

STR8FAN2005 said:
You learned that at LSU didn't you?
Mike the LSU Fighting Yeti high fives your great scholarly behavior.
LSUYeti.jpg

Image courtesy of Legacy

That is comedy gold. Although, as everyone knows, The Yeti is a Tarheel fan.

As to Bald Mountain, I was just excited about the concept because any Fantasia shout-out is fantastic with me. And I always had visions of a huge set-piece with a giant, fast and fluidly articulated animatronic Chernabog inside the mountain with flames all around. That would be, without a doubt, the coolest thing ever.

And the 10-minute "Ave Maria" ride finale would be a showstopper!

Iakona

Lee said:
Well.....it ain't built yet...and the details may be a bit off...and the light may not be all green....

First, let me state that I have no friends in Imagineering, no connections with Disney or any Execs. I simply paid my money and had lunch with an Imagineer. A very knowledgeable, enthusiastic and fun gentleman. He, like those here with connections, could not and would not comment specifically on a lot of our questions. However when he could he did say "NO."

He had had spent a lot of time in MGM so a lot of questions did center on that park. When we got close with a question and he would say "I can't comment on any details if that were in the works" or something similar and would get this look on his face as if to say you are right, but I can't tell you. Now before you trash me for my interpretation, you had to be there and get a sense of his personality. All of us at the lunch came out with the same perceptions of his answers.

MGM - by my interpretation will be getting a Monsters attraction.
MGM- Indiana Jones (stunt show) will not be going away. It is still a big draw and it would not make sense to get rid of it (he was fairly sure and specific on this)

Also, as for all the bashing of people posting rumors. I post very little and try only to when I have something relevant. But, working in management in a huge company I have to say that it seems fairly ignorant (as in a lack of knowledge) to believe that anyone with inside knowledge is going to have a 100% track record. So many factors come into play with large companies that a multiple of things could jeopardize a great idea that may have already been "green lit", funded or even started. My company and my specific group were tasked with a massive PC upgrade for 1st quarter 2006. Everything was green lit, resources scheduled, other projects sidelined. Yet, delays have ensued and as of February 1st no pcs are scheduled. I have been on projects where we have completely developed programs and tested them only to have the plug pulled for either company politics, unexpected budgetary expenses or some other reason.

I enjoy reading the rumors. I have put together my own short list of people that I have observed as being knowledgeable and correct a significant amount of time. I have no expectation that they will be correct 100% of the time; just like as much as I enjoyed my conversation with the imagineer I have no certainty that over a period of time better ideas could come up, funding could be increased or decreased etc.

just my 2 cents.

SilentWindODoom

ctwhalerman

I think all the money is going to Epcot for it's 25th Anniversary in 2007, after all 25 seems to be a better anniversary than 35, plus it's too late to build anything of consequence in the Magic Kingdom for October of this year.
I bet the Magic Kingdom gets something big by the end of the decade, however, though the wishful rumors of another mountain seemed to be killed by the construction of Everest. Hopefully they have something new up their sleeves.

yensidtlaw1969

ctwhalerman said:
I think all the money is going to Epcot for it's 25th Anniversary in 2007, after all 25 seems to be a better anniversary than 35, plus it's too late to build anything of consequence in the Magic Kingdom for October of this year.
I bet the Magic Kingdom gets something big by the end of the decade, however, though the wishful rumors of another mountain seemed to be killed by the construction of Everest. Hopefully they have something new up their sleeves.
Let us hope.

Man, I wonder what Animal Kingdom is gonna be like for it's 25th. I honestly think this park is going to continue to grow and beacome even more beautiful than it is now (that is saying alot!). It should be amazing in 2023. I'm thinking a Must-see park.

Yensid "does anyone know how to contact Joe Rohde? I have a comment i'd like to make about AK" tlaw1969

Connor002

yensidtlaw1969 said:
Yensid "does anyone know how to contact Joe Rohde? I have a comment i'd like to make about AK" tlaw1969

Hmmm...

Walt Disney Imagineering
Human Resources
1401 Flower Street
PO Box 25020,
Glendale, CA 91221-5020

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom