New Magic Kingdom Attraction?

tirian

Also, Tirian has no ties to Upper Management, and didn't get his information from an exec. Because, here's the big shocker, the ideas for the left over 20,000 Leagues Lagoon haven't even begun to be finalized, and furthermore, the Magic Kingdom (mind you, the most visited theme park in the world) will be the last park to receive a new E-Ticket attraction. Pooh's Playful Spot doesn't even cover all of where the old queue was, because a major portion of Pooh's Playful Spot extends forward, past where the lagoon is. He is also very lucky he called for us not to stone him if the villains meet and greet doesn't happen, because it won't, and I would hate for harm to come to somebody because he spews wishful thinking on internet boards. And, one last bit, Cinderellabration has just spent a good bit of money upgrading its show just in the past couple of weeks, so we can expect it to bring joy and happiness to the thousands of people who enjoy it everyday. Just because the internet public doesn't like it, doesn't mean the hundreds of thousands of people who come to the Magic Kingdom to enjoy the magic (as opposed to those who tear it down) don't.

I specifically pointed out that the plans for the old 20K site aren't finalized, and that the villains meet-and-greet is up in the air. As for the amount of land Pooh's Playful Spot covers, it barely extends past the queue and I know that there's plenty of space left because I go back there all the time. Furthermore, an E-ticket was once approved for this area and then dropped when management realized it wasn't necessary; this is possibly what the man was talking about. Thus, you're blasting me for saying something I didn't say. As for Cinderellabration, the Entertainment department and the people who are in it hate the show and have been trying to get the old one back for a while. The current show isn't what anyone planned to have and is due to some bad decisions from "higher up," and basically forced onto Entertainment at the last minute.

You have no idea who I am or whom I know. I'm not a lurker or a wishful dreamer; I check out the boards nearly every day and only post on here when I actually have something to say, as opposed to the hundreds of posts that recount empty rumors. This entire thread is about the possibilities of what may happen, and I'm just recounting what's possible because my job involves interacting with people who know and do it--not dream about it, wish about it, think about it, or tear into others because of what they've decided from reading message boards.

This is the news currently circulating in my department, which has to know what's going on around WDW because of what we do, and I'm just posting it online. Don't shoot the messanger, and please read my words carefully before you blow up on me. Please remember that I was the first person to break news of SSE's Siemens sponsorship (and I was immediately denounced as a liar), and the first person to confirm the Main Street/Center Street refurbishments that may eventually lead to a new store or dining area on Center Street (again, denounced as a liar until the plywood walls and canvas went up and Center Street was repainted).

I know that these are anonymous boards and plenty of crap comes across here, but I'm seriously not lying to anyone or trying to pump up false hopes. I'm sorry for obviously touching on a raw nerve.

tirian

According to upper management, an E-ticket has already been approved for the old 20K site, but they don't have the budget to build it right now. That's why Pooh's Play Place only takes up the old queue. The entire area that was once a lagoon and show building is nothing but a big plot of grass now.

Frankly, even though this is straight-up information (meaning that I got it directly from an exec. and not the rumor mill), I wouldn't expect anything to be constructed for a while. Don't get your hopes up.

On a side note, the villains may soon have a meet-and-greet in the old HM Fastpass area. Don't stone me if this doesn't happen; Liberty Square and HM CMs are correctly complaining that the characters will interfere with the HM entrance.

Also, tests have already been conducted to incorporate the Cinderellabration props back into the old Surprise Celebration show, thus effectively eliminating Cinderellabration from the MK. This itself is practically a 35th birthday present. :D

That's the original quote. Let's break it down...

I wouldn't expect anything to be constructed for a while. Don't get your hopes up.

That's exactly what I said concerning the 20K site.

Don't stone me if this doesn't happen; Liberty Square and HM CMs are correctly complaining that the characters will interfere with the HM entrance.

It's a News and Rumors board and I'm just telling you what's being considered right now. Since this is a legitimate consideration and I thought people might want to know about it (especially since it's more likely to happen than a villains ride), I posted it.

Now, since you can see I didn't post a bunch of "This is definitely happening" lies, please stop roasting me. Thanks! :wave:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Enderikari

You have no idea who I am or whom I know. I'm not a lurker or a wishful dreamer; I check out the boards nearly every day and only post on here when I actually have something to say, as opposed to the hundreds of posts that recount empty rumors.
Likewise, brother.... Except for I am in the business of dispelling rumors, not creating them.

Goofster

You've pretty much got it right. At one point as I recall the ride was going to be based on Atlantis and would start out as a regular roller coaster with the track under you and as you flew through the errupting volcano the track would rotate above your head and the ride would become a suspended roller coaster. It would have basically been a giant Volcano in Adventureland, and people got really excited back when the Polynesian rehabbed their pool into a Volcano, because everybody thought Disney was trying to give Polynesian guests a really cool double volcano feel looking across the lagoon when they eventually built the roller coaster, alas, that was 4 or 5 years ago. But we all know what they say about good ideas at Imagineering...

CaptainMichael

*There was concept art for Beastly Kingdom (not sure which book, but it is one)
*Fire Mountain could be sitting on a shelf somewhere in Glendale.
*There are trustable people on this site. Tirian is one of the newest ones to join my list of 4.

yensidtlaw1969

STR8FAN2005 said:
*There are trustable people on this site. Tirian is one of the newest ones to join my list of 4.
To this I'd more than willingly agree. That doesn't mean that every other poster has the wrong Idea, it just means that almost always (ALMOST) these four have the right Idea, and are quick to keep us on our toes.

Yensid "I don't want any finalized Idea's for 20K for atleast another 8 years" tlaw1969

Jheyman

Why???

Hello All: I have been reading the boards for about 6 months now and I cannot for the life of me understand why we have so much hatred and malice on a board deicated to WDW the happiest place on earth. The book I belive is one published around the 25th Anniversary Celebration I have it at home and can post it for anyone wishing to see the book and the concept art for the mythical section of AK. As a mostly slient observer it kills me to see these argurments. Even if people are just making things up let them dream you never know when someone important might get a spark from something. If Walt was cut down every time he came up with a crazy idea what would we be left with half of the COP at an old worlds fair site??

CaptainMichael

Jheyman said:
Hello All: I have been reading the boards for about 6 months now and I cannot for the life of me understand why we have so much hatred and malice on a board deicated to WDW the happiest place on earth.
For future reference, WDW is "The Most Magical Place on Earth". Disneyland is the "Happiest". Many people get them confused. Please take this as a friendly correction:wave:

Jheyman said:
The book I believe is one published around the 25th Anniversary Celebration I have it at home and can post it for anyone wishing to see the book and the concept art for the mythical section of AK.
That's the book I was thinking about thanks.

Imaginationeer

What are you all CRAZY!!!!!
Do not expect more than refurbishments at MK for at least the next 3-5
Years( Notably Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Speedway,and Space Mountain)

Epcot seems to be getting a lot of attention for a pointless Celebration
(Mexico Ride, WoL Replacement, Nemo Attraction, UoE Refurb/Replacement)

MGM does have something in the works, but i am not at liberty to say

and Animal Kingdom plans to ride the Everest wave into 2008!!!

Everyone Happy!!

Rosso11

There's no need to knock down tirian. He has always passed along interesting information that has come true. Even if it doesn't come true its extremely interesting to hear about what might happen behind the scenes. This is why people come to this board. This is a rumors page. If you don't like rumors you don't belong in this section. If you only want hard facts go to Disney.com.

Lee

Adventurer
Imaginationeer said:
What are you all CRAZY!!!!!
No....why do you ask?
Imaginationeer said:
Do not expect more than refurbishments at MK for at least the next 3-5
Years( Notably Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Speedway,and Space Mountain)

Epcot seems to be getting a lot of attention for a pointless Celebration
(Mexico Ride, WoL Replacement, Nemo Attraction, UoE Refurb/Replacement)

MGM does have something in the works, but i am not at liberty to say

and Animal Kingdom plans to ride the Everest wave into 2008!!!

Everyone Happy!!
Give him a gold star!:animwink:

Rosso11

Imaginationeer said:
Animal Kingdom plans to ride the Everest wave into 2008!!!

I'm sure thats the case but does this mean nothing new will open by 2008 or they wont even start by 2008? 2008 is only 2 years away and it took 3 years just to build everest not including the planning stages.

Wow.........

Enderikari said:
Wow... I simply love some of the people on the internet, the Disney fans, who blow smoke out of various body locations... let me clear up some of the crud that has infiltrated this board....

Let see, starting with the infamous "Fire Mountain." Has never been anything more than Internet Fan Boy Wishful thinking, much along the same lines as "Beastly Kingdom." I will say this one last time, just because you WANT them to happen doesn't mean that A: that is what is right for the park and B: that it will ever be produced. Fire Mountain is a pipe dream, and was never planned for a Disney Theme Park, much less the Magic Kingdom.

Also, Tirian has no ties to Upper Management, and didn't get his information from an exec. Because, here's the big shocker, the ideas for the left over 20,000 Leagues Lagoon haven't even begun to be finalized, and furthermore, the Magic Kingdom (mind you, the most visited theme park in the world) will be the last park to receive a new E-Ticket attraction. Pooh's Playful Spot doesn't even cover all of where the old queue was, because a major portion of Pooh's Playful Spot extends forward, past where the lagoon is. He is also very lucky he called for us not to stone him if the villains meet and greet doesn't happen, because it won't, and I would hate for harm to come to somebody because he spews wishful thinking on internet boards. And, one last bit, Cinderellabration has just spent a good bit of money upgrading its show just in the past couple of weeks, so we can expect it to bring joy and happiness to the thousands of people who enjoy it everyday. Just because the internet public doesn't like it, doesn't mean the hundreds of thousands of people who come to the Magic Kingdom to enjoy the magic (as opposed to those who tear it down) don't.

And, as a side note, the Magic Kingdom opened on October 1st, 1971. The dedication festivities were from October 23 - 25th. The Roy O. Disney Dedication Plaque next to the Sharing the Magic statue in Town Square shows that the park was dedicated on October 25th (at 2:02 pm, anyone besides me see that the clock on the train station refurbishment scrim was set to 2:02 to honor Roy's speech?). Now, traditionally, the park celebrates its birthday on the 1st, but, personally, I am all about celebrating Roy's achievement.

My final words on the subject, there is no one here on the boards who A: knows what they are talking about, or B: can say anything if they do know. Rumors are fine, as long as they are labeled just that, but calling on the mystical, magical forces of "upper management" to fulfill you life-long love of attention is a bit much. Enjoy Walt Disney World for what it is, the most Magical Place on Earth, where fairy tales come true; not for the travesty that your wishful thinking would turn it into...

Wow buddy...that is a Mouthful:king: .... Even if he was lieing you don't need to attack him....And for a fact,how do you know so much yourself....Remember, this is a Forum, a place where people have fun sharing ideas. If you dont have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. Huffy puffy!!!

T-i" who is this guy?, borrowing this from yensid"doubleguher:)

yensidtlaw1969

Imaginationeer said:
Very Exciting Attraction and it is quite Obvious
By quite obvious I assume you mean it's going to be replacing the old ABC theaters and is something we've been waiting for that will be quite the ADVENTURE?

I've heard a time frame, but I don't remember, what was it, I wanna say 08 or 09, but that soudns too soon. Any help?

Yensid "if I only had a brain" tlaw1969

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom