New HitchHiking Ghosts Coming to WDW

Mansion Butler

And I think it's a perfectly valid reason to save money. My vacations would not have been ruined growing up if there were all sorts of overlays, they would have been lacking.

The one expection is the Ghost Galaxy, which seems like it may be an improvement over the standard fare, having not ridden it. Especially if there were a way to pull it out during MNSSHP and have it normal during the day.

I do think you should allow for the possibility that it is a reasonable argument, not simply an excuse. And one that saves money, which makes a tough decision easier.

Even seasonal fireworks I was never a fan of because they just usually aren't quite as good as the regular show. I enjoy them now because I'm there all the time and something new is fun, but that wasn't the story when I was a more typical vacationing guest. And seasonal fireworks are a big difference from actually changing an attraction.

I really would urge people here to accept it as one place where TDO saving money may make sense from a mass satisfaction standpoint instead of finding it to be one more angle to swing the coastal war hammer around.

Thrill Seeker

From what I've gathered, it seems that those schematics that were posted on this site for a way to pull a buggy off to load a wheelchair guest is happening sooner that it had seemed.

Also, while walking out of the mansion we heard a cast member talking to a guest about a couple other scenes that may be being upgraded. He said the dark transition between the ballroom and the attic would get some attention, as would the transition between the Escher stairs and the dark room with the eyes would get some lovin' as well.

One other thing, as we were walking away we heard him re-assure the guest that (as other have been saying) that the hhg scenes were a temporary fix as the scene is changed and improved.

We walked up and asked him what he knew about wheelchairs and all that he was willing to say was that he wasn't to excited about the fact that ECV's were going to be allowed in the que. This was for two reasons, one the walls in the mansion are made of wood and haven't ever had wheel chairs run into them. Two most ECV's have lights...enough said. He said that he and some other coordinators and managers were trying to have it so guests in ECV's would have to transfer like at many other attractions.

Take this as you like and like with any news from a cast member take it with a grain of salt until you see it for yourself. I myself am hopeful.

You do realize that Mansion uses an omnimover ride system. It is impossible to have a single vehicle leave the ride path when it is connected, along with all the other vehicles, to the ride track itself. TSMM is individually dispatched, which is why this works.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You do realize that Mansion uses an omnimover ride system. It is impossible to have a single vehicle leave the ride path when it is connected, along with all the other vehicles, to the ride track itself. TSMM is individually dispatched, which is why this works.
Just a quick FYI. Disney recently filed a patent for a mechanism that would allow for a ride vehicle to be removed and replaced from an omnimover during normal operation.

Neverland

We walked up and asked him what he knew about wheelchairs and all that he was willing to say was that he wasn't to excited about the fact that ECV's were going to be allowed in the que. This was for two reasons, one the walls in the mansion are made of wood and haven't ever had wheel chairs run into them. Two most ECV's have lights...enough said. He said that he and some other coordinators and managers were trying to have it so guests in ECV's would have to transfer like at many other attractions.

I just don't see ECV's in the queue as being a good idea at all. Can you imagine being in the stretch room or the bottleneck with an ECV? They could leave the light on, ruining the experience for everyone else, or they might get claustrophobic because they're completely surrounded by standing guests. Worst of all, I'm seeing visions of many, many run-over toes. ECV's are reaaally heavy and believe me, it hurts to be run over by one. Most of those guests don't normally use an ECV and aren't so good at driving them.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Sorry about the outburst. I do understand a regular visitor wanting to see the overlay. This is just one area that I'd back up TDO even without them paying me. Not that it's the only area, just one I'm passionate about. And the negativity here I think is occassionally a bit overly harsh.

I don't mean to be dismissive, though.

And, yes, Seattle is awesome (Kennewick has been my home base for the last decade).

If I went to WDW in Dec and they had HMH up I would be sick to my stomach.

T-1MILLION

If I went to WDW in Dec and they had HMH up I would be sick to my stomach.

Don't worry about it. I don't see it ever happening. I don't like to be the guy who says things are impossible but it would seem so unlikely. Besides the downtime it would take that we all discuss WDW likes to avoid, it would cost a lot of money to manufacture clone parts like DL has just for a seasonal deal.

Brian_WDW74

That I believe will be the new exit for guest in wheelchairs and ECVs. They are adding a place for guest in wheelchairs to transfer into a doombuggie without having to stop the ride. This will be like the loading station at TSM where the vehicle will have a separate loading station. They are adding this in the turn between unload and load. Now the wheelchair guests will be able to enter the mansion and go through the stretch rooms before needing to get out of their chairs.

Just a quick FYI. Disney recently filed a patent for a mechanism that would allow for a ride vehicle to be removed and replaced from an omnimover during normal operation.

Here's a link to the patent:
http://www.google.com/patents?id=us...urce=gbs_overview_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

As disnyfan89 states, the schematic shows that the transfer area would be placed in the turn between the unload and load belts.

darthspielberg

While I would love to see HMH, I am sure it'll be still going strong at Disneyland and I can see it when I finally get out there to see the DLR.

I would like to see a NBC presence in the parks though besides expensive plushies, stupid t-shirts, and pins (Some of which are really neat. I have a Mickey as Jack one) around Halloween. I love the face characters they have for Jack and Sally in DL, and they would be fun to see in WDW.

Crazy Harry

While I would love to see HMH, I am sure it'll be still going strong at Disneyland and I can see it when I finally get out there to see the DLR.

I would like to see a NBC presence in the parks though besides expensive plushies, stupid t-shirts, and pins (Some of which are really neat. I have a Mickey as Jack one) around Halloween. I love the face characters they have for Jack and Sally in DL, and they would be fun to see in WDW.

Silly, Disney owns ABC not NBC :hammer::ROFLOL: jk

My offical stance is HMH no, Nighmare ride yes. A dark ride at the studios with inverted track would be great. The studios needs more dark rides anyways.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
It's completely understandable. I have come to understand and respect that many Disney fans have a strong emotional attachment to the Haunted Mansion. While it's not a strong attachment I personally share (since that ride mainly terrified me until I was about 18), I respect it as a fellow Disney fan.

I just find it amazing the people on a WDW board like this who dismiss the concept of seasonal attraction overlays outright. Small World, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, etc. And there are now strong rumors we're going to see the first Halloween version of World of Color this October. And Disneyland now has a half dozen different fireworks shows shown throughout the year, including separate July 4th, Halloween and Christmas and Summer shows.

Are vactions ruined because they aren't seeing the default Remember... Dreams Come True fireworks show? Hardly.

The excuse that "only locals" visit Disneyland, and they are so bored with the usual stuff that TDA has to create seasonal things to keep them coming back. Certainly that's a factor, but anyone who has been to Disneyland knows there are just as many foreign and domestic tourists standing in line as there are local AP's from Laguna Niguel. Last Sunday at Disneyland it was as if the entire secretary pool from Tokyo and Osaka were on vacation at Disneyland; I don't think any clerical tasks are being completed in Japan at all this week since every middle class female between the ages of 20 and 30 are in Anaheim.

The excuse that Disneyland is only a locals-park and WDW can't bear to replace a Nixon era ride for people from Britian or Ohio just doesn't wash. It's a cheap excuse, that's all.

That said... Long live The Haunted Mansion! :wave:

Add to that the fact that we all want more Holiday theming, and long for the return of CBJ Christmas, and I don't understand why we don't also want holiday overlays of these other attractions.

That being said, I have recently experienced both HMH and IASWH for the first time. HMH holiday was great, but it turns the mansion into a completely different attraction. They went all out for it, to be sure, and did a great job. But I did not at all feel like I rode the Haunted Mansion -- it was that different.

IASWH, to the contrary, was essentially the same attraciton with a few different props and a soundtrack that, if it can be believed, is even more annoying than the repeititive IASW of the normal attraction. I would be happy to never see IASWH again.

MouskaGurler

Yah why doesn't WDW have a HMH? Is the outside queue that is is too small in comparasion to the other HM"s with relatively more outdoor space for the attraction holiday special :shrug:?.....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yah why doesn't WDW have a HMH? Is the outside queue that is is too small in comparasion to the other HM"s with relatively more outdoor space for the attraction holiday special :shrug:?.....
In short management does not like seasonal overlays. They cost quite a bit to do and take an attraction down with little to no financial reward.

awilliams4

And that answer would be: they aren't changing anything.

Ouch, seems as if your credibility just took a hit here.

I don't have any credibility myself so not trying to be too harsh. I usually search for your name and Lees when I am trying to catch up on the latest true gossip. Seems I may need to add Rum Pirate to my list.

fyn

Seattle Skyline with Mount Rainer
Seattle_Skyline_Referral_Postcard.jpg

I see Mount Rainier everyday (that it's not completely cloudy) on my way to work, and it never gets old.

Bairstow

Perhaps Disney is planning on updating the ghosts with their "next generation" technology, so that instead of being animated and moving on a track to follow the guests the ghosts will instead remain in place while a strobe light comes on when the guests pass by them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom