News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Lift Blog

What actual numbers of staff will be needed? And are they guessing correctly?

Not sure about the Disney terms for these positions but assuming 18 hours per day, 7 day a week operations, I came up with the following estimate:

1 Maintenance Manager
1 Assistant Maintenance Manager
12 Mechanics
1 Operations Manager
1 Assistant Operations Manager
4 Operations Supervisors
72 Operators

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Not sure about the Disney terms for these positions but assuming 18 hours per day, 7 day a week operations, I come up with the following estimate:

1 Maintenance Manager
12 Mechanics
1 Operations Manager
4 Operations Supervisors
72 Operators

How much staff do you think we be needed in each end point station at any one time?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Not sure about the Disney terms for these positions but assuming 18 hours per day, 7 day a week operations, I come up with the following estimate:

1 Maintenance Manager
12 Mechanics
1 Operations Manager
4 Operations Supervisors
72 Operators
Good estimate, but since P&R now falls under Merchandising, my guess is they'll just send over a bunch of cash-register-qualified CPers to run the whole thing.

Lift Blog

How much staff do you think we be needed in each end point station at any one time?

My numbers assumed the following at any given time:
3 operators at International Gateway
1 operator at the angle station
4 operators at Riviera (2 on each side)
9 operators at CBB
3 operators at DHS
3 operators at Pop/AoA
3 mechanics on call
1 operations supervisor on call

Ski resorts staff as few as 2 operators at a time for an entire lift. I more than doubled typical ski resort gondola staffing.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Wow...the Cheerios just didn’t taste good this morning, huh?

WDW customers don’t typically follow patterns and flow very well. What is your opinion of that? The TTC has been traditionally OVERSTAFFED for just that reason. There is a liability associated with accident potential that won’t be tolerated.

They’re not “more confused” because it’s near their beds (though I do appreciated the sarcasm that stiffs can’t get...they probably are googling if there’s gonna be a stop within 1200 feet of their Ariel room)...they are confused enough in the first place.

This is a new system...this is serving about 6,000 rooms sandwiched between two expanding parks that are gonna have a lot of transfers using it between the two...

New ground.

Or maybe I’m just tired of your exaggeration about how everything will be awful and it can’t possibly work without moving mountains.

We’re talking about getting off one line, and follow the sign that says hotel or park. It’s not going to take generations of guests to figure out how to get in line or take that walkway over there. They tackle more complex decisions walking out the front door of their resort.

The more complex thoughts are at dhs where they will send people to one route that does many things while surrounded by lots more choices.

The transfer station is simple for guests... mechanical complex... but stupid simple for guests. They already know where they are going... it’s only a question of what hotel am I going to. Not hard

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Or maybe I’m just tired of your exaggeration about how everything will be awful and it can’t possibly work without moving mountains.

We’re talking about getting off one line, and follow the sign that says hotel or park. It’s not going to take generations of guests to figure out how to get in line or take that walkway over there. They tackle more complex decisions walking out the front door of their resort.

The more complex thoughts are at dhs where they will send people to one route that does many things while surrounded by lots more choices.

The transfer station is simple for guests... mechanical complex... but stupid simple for guests. They already know where they are going... it’s only a question of what hotel am I going to. Not hard

I’ll take you word for it. That was legitimate question that wasn’t meant as a negative. An operational question.

The attitude is still unnecessary...I didn’t say or imply negativity here. If you consider WDW customers as being savvy or adapting quickly and easily...you must have been there on one of the “good” days...not a thousand or so consecutive normal ones.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not sure about the Disney terms for these positions but assuming 18 hours per day, 7 day a week operations, I came up with the following estimate:

1 Maintenance Manager
12 Mechanics
1 Operations Manager
4 Operations Supervisors
72 Operators

Or, @flynnibus, this was exactly what I was asking about...

Thank you, sir or madam

Last edited:

imarc

Not even considering the manpower issue, I think the variety from the outside world is what makes the gondola system so great.

People can take busses back home.

How many people can travel by boat, gondola or monorail on a daily basis?

I hope Disney continues to utilize different transportation options. It adds to the magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom