News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

disney4life2008

20180602_202417.jpg

Hollywood Studios

The Visionary Soul

I had the pleasure of riding one of these systems recently, (same manufacturer) and I can tell you that air conditioned versions of these cabs exist. (I'm not confirming that Disney is getting the AC versions, but I suspect it.) Also, the turns feel a little wonky, very different than the feeling of the Skyway or the current Sky Ride at Busch Gardens.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Shouldn't be long before that terminal is done and ready for action and sits for a little under a year before actual opening.
Terminal works will continue through summer. Then the cables will go up. Then snagging. Then car delivery. Then car installation. Then snagging. Then T&A. Then commissioning. Then handover. Then testing. Then training.

Then late next spring.

nickys

Premium Member
They're only working hard on DHS because it's so visible

??? Or because it's the easiest. One station, not over water, not near to a park entrance.

It looks like the CBR to DHS line may well be the first line to be completed. Possibly they will test this line first.

Although it sounds like all lines will be finished and cars on etc before anything is tested.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
OR... they want to have their new bus terminal and new parking lot configuration completed ASAP to deal with TSL crowds.

I don’t think there’s gonna be much of a toy story bump...it will get the disneyphiles - no doubt - but I don’t get the vibe people are altering plans around/for it.

But I do agree there is much more of a rush here because of the entire package going on around mgm...it’s nice to
See...even if everyone is going to pay for it much more that they realize (safe to guess)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A lot of the negative people on this site said that the Disney Magical Express would also be charging a fee very soon and it is still include with any stay at a Walt Disney World Resort.

You’ve been around for it awhile - it seems...

You don’t HONESLTY believe they are building this and not passing the costs on...as a “service to the guest” do you?

Why on earth would they care if pop, animation and Caribbean has easier access? The people there ride the buses and spend all day as it is and always has been.

There’s actually a potential that convenience could drive down daily expenditures...there’s only one way to ensure that doesn’t happen.

...come on. I hope I misread the intent of your post and apologize if I did.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Perhaps...but this isn’t repalcing a boat link...and the transfer points at large hotels...something they’ve not done except limited at Dixie...is kinda new ground.
Because doing it a hotel is different for guest than at the TTC how?

Are people showhow more confused if there are beds within 1/4 mile of their transfer?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because doing it a hotel is different for guest than at the TTC how?

Are people showhow more confused if there are beds within 1/4 mile of their transfer?

Wow...the Cheerios just didn’t taste good this morning, huh?

WDW customers don’t typically follow patterns and flow very well. What is your opinion of that? The TTC has been traditionally OVERSTAFFED for just that reason. There is a liability associated with accident potential that won’t be tolerated.

They’re not “more confused” because it’s near their beds (though I do appreciated the sarcasm that stiffs can’t get...they probably are googling if there’s gonna be a stop within 1200 feet of their Ariel room)...they are confused enough in the first place.

This is a new system...this is serving about 6,000 rooms sandwiched between two expanding parks that are gonna have a lot of transfers using it between the two...

New ground.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry... one reason they went with the gondolas as opposed to expanding the canal network was manpower.

I remember that being thrown out there...my question is more basic:

What actual numbers of staff will be needed? And are they guessing correctly?

Just conjectural at this point.

Canals didn’t make sense...I wouldn’t be a tad bit surprised if the gondolas are not a manpower savings. But manpower savings isn’t the point of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom