New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

nemofinder22

I'm with you on all accounts there. I don't think too much should be read into the concept art of the coaster.

It is strange how a massive E-Ticket isnt really gaining much attention. Even here on the forums it isn't getting much interest.

I agree, Im very excited for both versions, but all seems so quite on all boards, DLR and WDW and even Disney. Maybe everything surrounding it is taking the steam... Well WOC is taking it now and the overall of Fantasyland is taking the rest at WDW. But maybe its a good thing and we will all be surprised when it opens.:shrug:

The Conundrum

Is it feasible to expand barnstormers track at all or would it be cheaper for Disney to just bulldoze and build a new coaster attraction?

The original plan was to retheme Barnstormer with a Chesire cat overlay and make that area from Barnstormer to the mad tea party (with new tent!) a wonderland woods area. But based on the released art and comments made by Imagineers the whole area around Barnstormer will become Dumbo's Circus.

Im wondering if they will just stick a train engine on the front of the coaster trains, repaint it and call it Casey Jr. ?

It could be a similar situation to the Mullolhand Madness - Goofy Sky School/victorian coaster retheme in California.

WDWFigment

I'm with you on all accounts there. I don't think too much should be read into the concept art of the coaster.

It is strange how a massive E-Ticket isnt really gaining much attention. Even here on the forums it isn't getting much interest.

I am surprised by the stock put into the concept art as well. Let's all examine loose brush strokes to see whether the coaster will have inversions. Vague concept art isn't all that telling as to what finished attractions will be.

I think the reason why The Little Mermaid dark ride isn't gaining all that much attention is because there isn't as much about which people can speculate (compared to the other attractions). For me, it's by far the most exciting part of the additions, and I imagine others have the same opinion as well. However we've heard a decent amount about it (comparatively) and short of speculating on what the show scenes will consist of, it isn't 'hot topic' material. I would imagine the discussion will change to focus on it if/when we start hearing rumors about it.

WDW Vacationer

Love all the talk about what's going in, what's going on, but Fantasy Forrest?

Ew.

Really don't like that. Cheapens the name. It should ALL be Fantasyland. It's more iconic that way.

Otherwise...Two lands with the same theme? Seems clunky.

Eh, a rose by any other name, I suppose....

Ah, the infamous Ballon tests. :D

Think we will get any for this expansion? Or have they been done?

Hoopla?:lookaroun
I agree, Fantasy Forrest is terrible.

Fantasy Forest is great!

:lol::lookaroun

SirGoofy

I am surprised by the stock put into the concept art as well. Let's all examine loose brush strokes to see whether the coaster will have inversions. Vague concept art isn't all that telling as to what finished attractions will be.

To be fair, the OP is a fairly trustworthy source, and Lee backed up that he had heard a possible new coaster was coming.

I think the reason why The Little Mermaid dark ride isn't gaining all that much attention is because there isn't as much about which people can speculate (compared to the other attractions). For me, it's by far the most exciting part of the additions, and I imagine others have the same opinion as well. However we've heard a decent amount about it (comparatively) and short of speculating on what the show scenes will consist of, it isn't 'hot topic' material. I would imagine the discussion will change to focus on it if/when we start hearing rumors about it.

Mermaid and Dumbo are the two highlights for me. And I don't really know why I'm looking forward to Dumbo.:lol:

_Scar

I have to ask.. why are you bringing all of this up now? The DCA expansion plans were announced over 2 yrs ago :lol:

I already explained the Carsland/California connection. We could be here all night arguing about theme.. I'm not gonna do that.

Now back to Fantasy Forest :wave:

I didn't start this DCA discussion, and you can't handle my facts. It's all true whether you like it or not.

I personally beleive no one s talking about TLM because it has been on the scene for a while and it looks like a solid e ticket

sponono88

and you can't handle my facts. It's all true whether you like it or not

Hah. Your facts? you sure know a lot for someone who's never been to DLR

I know my comments about park vs park may have been uncalled for, but I'm just very excited for MK to have something to finally gloat about and join the gloating party that we were never invited to until a few days ago

Would that be you? Didn't know you were already a Litter User at Micechat. Have fun gloating in the little box :lookaroun

EpcotServo

Fantasyland with Fantasy Forrester?

Perhaps featuring Deep 13 with the signature E-Ticket DEEP HURTING?

picture.php

_Scar

Hah. Your facts? you sure know a lot for someone who's never been to DLR

Would that be you? Didn't know you were already a Litter User at Micechat. Have fun gloating in the little box :lookaroun

It doesn't take a rocket scientest to know The Little Mermaid isn't based in California, it's based on the other side of the world. :hammer: Cars is not based in California. Maybe Route 66, but Route 66 stretches across most of the western United States. World of Color is inspidered by Disney movies.... YUP, that's DCA right there.

Fail on epic proportions.

Lol, this is weird. I kinda feel uncomfortable to know someone is stalking me. You are kinda giving me the creeps, but I still own up to all my posts on both forums. Nothing I say there contradicts what I say here.

_Scar

:hurl: I thought Up was the worst Pixar movie, my opinon of course

Indiana Jones attraction > Pixar attraction (in MK anyways)

That would be terrible theming! There was no hint of River Rapids in UP. It was based on a balloon ride!

Did you see up? Carl goes to a South American jungle, and yes they'res lots of water and a big waterfall. The whole movie captures the spirit of adventure, to me at least.

sponono88

It doesn't take a rocket scientest to know The Little Mermaid isn't based in California, it's based on the other side of the world. :hammer: Cars is not based in California. Maybe Route 66, but Route 66 stretches across most of the western United States. World of Color is inspidered by Disney movies.... YUP, that's DCA right there

You do realize you've posted the same thing like 4 times already in this thread.

Lol, this is weird. I kinda feel uncomfortable to know someone is stalking me. You are kinda giving me the creeps, but I still own up to all my posts on both forums. Nothing I say there contradicts what I say here.

I'm not stalking. You tried to stir up trouble over there and were called out for it. Sounds to me like you were just jealous of whatever expansion was taking place over there and somehow get off on trying to start silly WDW v DL debates. Again, enjoy the gloating party.

panther726

Did you see up? Carl goes to a South American jungle, and yes they'res lots of water and a big waterfall. The whole movie captures the spirit of adventure, to me at least.

But you usually use the main idea of the film to base the theme of an attraction.

up-movie-poster.jpg

EPCOTCenterLover

Trust me- you do not want Temple du Peril / Raging Spirits! It is a rough and short little ride- and with minimal theming in Paris. Save the land for something better.
Somewhere on my blog, I've got a couple of DLP trip reports covering it.

juan

It doesn't take a rocket scientest to know The Little Mermaid isn't based in California, it's based on the other side of the world. :hammer: Cars is not based in California. Maybe Route 66, but Route 66 stretches across most of the western United States. World of Color is inspidered by Disney movies.... YUP, that's DCA right there.

I don't think it's as big of a fail as you think.
If you ever travel outside of Barstow, CA, you enter an area on Route 66 that strikes an eerie resemblance to Cars. The scenery looks identical to the movie with the desert and mountains in the background. The movie is based around the building of the interstates taking traffic away from the little towns along Route 66. The area I'm talking about has little towns along Rt 66 and are all bypassed by the large interstates of I-40 and I-15.
While the movie may be set all over the southwest, this area alone contains everything scenic from the movie and its all located in CA!
Carsland fits in perfect with a CA theme at DCA.

As for TLM, it's themed not so much off the movie, but to fit in with the pier theme of old California pier amusement parks. This is evident by the exterior theming to fit the pier theme rather than fitting the movie theme with the castle and water like WDW's version.

I see no problem with the continuity of DCA's themes.

EpcotServo

It doesn't take a rocket scientest to know The Little Mermaid isn't based in California, it's based on the other side of the world. :hammer:

But both Pacific Warf and Paradise Pier allude to a Seaside theme. A Little Mermaid attraction which takes place in the sea, seems a natural next step.

Cars is not based in California. Maybe Route 66, but Route 66 stretches across most of the western United States.

But if you were to go back and listen to opening DCA Imagineer interviews, when asked "What's next for DCA?" the answer most of them reply too is "Californians love Cars, so we'd like to explore Car Culture in the park some time in the future."

Cars, having everything to do with Car Culture from Nascar, to Road Trips, to Kitschy road culture, seems a natural way to explore that. Heck, It's called "Carsland".

World of Color is inspidered by Disney movies.... YUP, that's DCA right there.

But Muppet Vision for instance, has nothing to do about California, but fits in the Hollywood area, so by transitive property fits the park. Seaside amusement parks have nighttime spectacles. So World Of Color fits if most of the rides at DCA "fit" in your mind.

picture.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom