New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

sponono88

I don't think it's as big of a fail as you think.
If you ever travel outside of Barstow, CA, you enter an area on Route 66 that strikes an eerie resemblance to Cars. The scenery looks identical to the movie with the desert and mountains in the background. The movie is based around the building of the interstates taking traffic away from the little towns along Route 66. The area I'm talking about has little towns along Rt 66 and are all bypassed by the large interstates of I-40 and I-15.
While the movie may be set all over the southwest, this area alone contains everything scenic from the movie and its all located in CA!
Carsland fits in perfect with a CA theme at DCA.

As for TLM, it's themed not so much off the movie, but to fit in with the pier theme of old California pier amusement parks. This is evident by the exterior theming to fit the pier theme rather than fitting the movie theme with the castle and water like WDW's version.

I see no problem with the continuity of DCA's themes.

Great points, juan. I've been to Barstow and have passed through those desert areas several times. I think most people forget that a huge chunk of California is desert and looks a lot like the scenery proposed for Carsland. Fits in perfectly.

As for Mermaid - you're right, the ride is supposed to resemble a classic dark ride from the old seaside piers.

you won't have much luck with Scar, though. He'll probably come in here with his childish remarks and start bickering again.

Figment632

Nah, the more I think about it the more I'd hate to see a thrill ride in the new FL.

They have 3 other theme parks, no need to have every land have something that appeals to everyone. It's just counterproductive. AL or TL is a different story IMO. A looping coaster in the style of raging spirits would be nice in either of these lands. Or AK or DHS.

Why the one thing that would attact an adult male over the age of 10 and it's a bad thing?

WDWFigment

To be fair, the OP is a fairly trustworthy source, and Lee backed up that he had heard a possible new coaster was coming.

I'm not questioning the OP; I'm questioning the speculation based on scrutinizing concept art. Concept art by its very natural is...conceptual. Anyone who thinks they're going to find 'hidden clues' by taking a magnifying glass to some concept art is crazy.

imagineer boy

Looking at the picture, I really do think the roller coaster is the same layout as Goofy's Barnstormer, but its a different color, yellow. I think they will incorporate it into the Dumbo area so that it looks like a side roller coaster attraction for the circus.

_Scar

But both Pacific Warf and Paradise Pier allude to a Seaside theme. A Little Mermaid attraction which takes place in the sea, seems a natural next step.

But if you were to go back and listen to opening DCA Imagineer interviews, when asked "What's next for DCA?" the answer most of them reply too is "Californians love Cars, so we'd like to explore Car Culture in the park some time in the future."

Cars, having everything to do with Car Culture from Nascar, to Road Trips, to Kitschy road culture, seems a natural way to explore that. Heck, It's called "Carsland".

But Muppet Vision for instance, has nothing to do about California, but fits in the Hollywood area, so by transitive property fits the park. Seaside amusement parks have nighttime spectacles. So World Of Color fits if most of the rides at DCA "fit" in your mind.

picture.php

I feel like I'm a broken record, but everything I say is correct. Mermaid is European, a sea by Europe? OH YA, that's Cali FOSHO. :lol: LOL, Californians like cars, let's make Carsland.... even worse. There are 11 thousand parking places at Epcot.... a lot of cars... people must love cars, does that mean we need a Carsland? Bad excuse, I woulda settled more for Arizona Radiator Springs. :ROFLOL:.

maybe I should make my point more LOUDER: DCA is a themeing nightmare.

juan

I feel like I'm a broken record, but everything I say is correct. Mermaid is European, a sea by Europe? OH YA, that's Cali FOSHO. :lol: LOL, Californians like cars, let's make Carsland.... even worse. There are 11 thousand parking places at Epcot.... a lot of cars... people must love cars, does that mean we need a Carsland? Bad excuse, I woulda settled more for Arizona Radiator Springs. :ROFLOL:.

maybe I should make my point more LOUDER: DCA is a themeing nightmare.

or is your point that you don't read the posts that contradict your opinion (see post #177):wave:

I really don't see why people think a thrill ride in FL is a bad thing. Everything in Fl doesn't have to be for little kids. A new coaster will do the trick if all these rumors are true about the Barnstormer being removed.

IlikeDW

I'm with you on all accounts there. I don't think too much should be read into the concept art of the coaster.

It is strange how a massive E-Ticket isnt really gaining much attention. Even here on the forums it isn't getting much interest.

Probably because it is the one thing most assumed was coming. Don't forget the anti clone crowd already feel it is inferior out of the box just because it is not unique. :brick:

_Scar

I don't think it's as big of a fail as you think.
If you ever travel outside of Barstow, CA, you enter an area on Route 66 that strikes an eerie resemblance to Cars. The scenery looks identical to the movie with the desert and mountains in the background. The movie is based around the building of the interstates taking traffic away from the little towns along Route 66. The area I'm talking about has little towns along Rt 66 and are all bypassed by the large interstates of I-40 and I-15.
While the movie may be set all over the southwest, this area alone contains everything scenic from the movie and its all located in CA!
Carsland fits in perfect with a CA theme at DCA.

As for TLM, it's themed not so much off the movie, but to fit in with the pier theme of old California pier amusement parks. This is evident by the exterior theming to fit the pier theme rather than fitting the movie theme with the castle and water like WDW's version.

I see no problem with the continuity of DCA's themes.

RS is not in California. Sometimes my backyard looks like swampy. If WDW ever built a Florida park I reccommend a PatF ride, duh. There were indians in Florida.... DUH Pocahontas ride! It just doesn't make sense. The whole movie is about not being in California. Sorry, I can admit I've seen and love Cars, but Cars is on Route 66 (but Route 66 is not just in Cali, fyi)

TLM is exactly based on the movie, just the scenes are rearranged. Kiss the girl, Ursula, Part of Your World, Under the Sea, Virginia Company, Poor Unfortnate Soul, yep all there and all movie. Maybe if AA was based off the television series you could make that argument, but it clealry isn't. If you are arguing just the exterior, then the interior would be totally different than the exterior.

You're never going to get me to back down. Call me a troll all you want, but I'm convinced DCA is walking away from California even more. Maybe it's time for that rumored name change I've heard a while back.

EPCOT Explorer

I have to ask.. why are you bringing all of this up now? The DCA expansion plans were announced over 2 yrs ago :lol:

Now back to Fantasy Forest :wave:
It's what he does...:lol:

Yes, back to that. Hopefully it's a subland? I really don't want this to be the name of a new land with the same theme.

I agree, Im very excited for both versions, but all seems so quite on all boards, DLR and WDW and even Disney. Maybe everything surrounding it is taking the steam... Well WOC is taking it now and the overall of Fantasyland is taking the rest at WDW. But maybe its a good thing and we will all be surprised when it opens.:shrug:
I think it's because we already know about it.:lol: It's also non controversial. heh.
Thank you.

I'm disappointed in the other AC fans that missed it.
Members of S.E.A. have to look out for each other.
I agree, Fantasy Forrest is terrible.

Fantasy Forest is great!
Hush. ;)

Mermaid and Dumbo are the two highlights for me. And I don't really know why I'm looking forward to Dumbo.:lol:
Nor do I. I think the fact of THEMEING up the wazoo, miiiiiight be it, though.
Fantasyland with Fantasy Forrester?

Perhaps featuring Deep 13 with the signature E-Ticket DEEP HURTING?

picture.php
I guess you don't like it, either?:lookaroun

Why the one thing that would attact an adult male over the age of 10 and it's a bad thing?

Don't ask. :lol:

sponono88

You're never going to get me to back down. Call me a troll all you want, but I'm convinced DCA is walking away from California even more. Maybe it's time for that rumored name change I've heard a while back.

I'll say this much, at least you're trying to have an actual discussion now. I doubt Disney will move away from the California theme. They are really pushing the whole 'When Walt first arrived to California' theme. The entire main entrance will be rethemed to an early 20s Los Angeles setting and will be heavily based on Walt.

The posters along the Blue Sky Cellar explain each part of the expansion and how it fits into DCA. So at this point a name change seems unlikely.. Their explanation for Carsland is again, Route 66 and the Car culture of CA.

maybe we should take this discussion to the DL forum.. this thread is drifting way off topic as it is. We should just call a truce - you're not a fan of the DCA theme and that's ok. No need to get so riled up about it. It's hard to take someone seriously when they throw personal insults and post a whole bunch of nonsense.

_Scar

I've participated in many different parts of this entrie forum, have been active, shared opinions, helped others, defended people in fights, offered (what I thought was) funny things, shared some of my off the wall ideas, and have made some great, great friends here.

Apparently, I'm the forum troll.

Thanks guys for the past few months, and sorry I'm such a bad member.

sponono88

What's the argument that it doesn't. Disney created the World of Color TV show in CA??? Do some homework ... or give me a valid argument as to why it doesn't fit.

does it need to fit the theme? Fantasmic doesn't fit the Frontierland theme at DL.. and yet it works.

at this point we don't know how they will incorporate the show into the PP theme. Maybe they will or they won't. :shrug:

DisneyRoxMySox

RS is not in California. Sometimes my backyard looks like swampy. If WDW ever built a Florida park I reccommend a PatF ride, duh. There were indians in Florida.... DUH Pocahontas ride! It just doesn't make sense. The whole movie is about not being in California. Sorry, I can admit I've seen and love Cars, but Cars is on Route 66 (but Route 66 is not just in Cali, fyi)

TLM is exactly based on the movie, just the scenes are rearranged. Kiss the girl, Ursula, Part of Your World, Under the Sea, Virginia Company, Poor Unfortnate Soul, yep all there and all movie. Maybe if AA was based off the television series you could make that argument, but it clealry isn't. If you are arguing just the exterior, then the interior would be totally different than the exterior.

I could be wrong. But aren't they changing DCA to Walt Disney's California Adventure?

With that logic..Walt Disney's actual California adventure lead to the creation of World of Color and the Little Mermaid.

I don't think anyone disagrees that DCA was a mistake..but they are sure doing a good job fixing it..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom