New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

EpcotServo

why did you include Midway Mania and Muppetvision for DHS but didn't list them on the DCA list? that brings DCA's total to 6. And in a few years you can add Radiator Springs Racers and TLM to that list :)

I'm glad you bring that it up, because it's a great example of how an E-Ticket is about more than just what happens during the ride. Even though both are mostly the same ride, I don't consider them E-Tickets because at Studios, the overall experiences are more of a "show", whereas at DCA they fill out the lands. Our Midway Mania has an elaborate new street chock full of details and story for the ride, a queue that immerses you in the world and story of the ride, and one of the largest and most charming Loading areas ever built. Even though the ride is the same, the experience is grander.

And with Muppets, I'll be honest, you can't beat the orginal. Better building, better queue, not to mention we have all the actual props from the movie in our pre-show.
:sohappy: :lol:

sponono88

I'm glad you bring that it up, because it's a great example of how an E-Ticket is about more than just what happens during the ride. Even though both are mostly the same ride, I don't consider them E-Tickets because at Studios, the overall experiences are more of a "show", whereas at DCA they fill out the lands. Our Midway Mania has an elaborate new street chock full of details and story for the ride, a queue that immerses you in the world and story of the ride, and one of the largest and most charming Loading areas ever built. Even though the ride is the same, the experience is grander.

And with Muppets, I'll be honest, you can't beat the orginal. Better building, better queue, not to mention we have all the actual props from the movie in our pre-show.
:sohappy: :lol:

wait, are you serious? Why does that rule only apply to those two attractions? :lol: In that case, you better get rid of ToT from the DCA list, because the "overall experience'' is better in DHS.. And while you're at it remove a couple of attractions from the MK list - iasw, potc, all better experiences at DL.

Midway Mania was designed for Paradise Pier. It doesn't need an elaborate story or an entire new street built for it - the midway theme fits right into the land.

Figment632

wait, are you serious? Why does that rule only apply to those two attractions? :lol: In that case, you better get rid of ToT from the DCA list, because the "overall experience'' is better in DHS.. And while you're at it remove a couple of attractions from the MK list - iasw, potc, all better experiences at DL.

Midway Mania was designed for Paradise Pier. It doesn't need an elaborate story or an entire new street built for it - the midway theme fits right into the land.

Good point it queue is still lacking however.

EpcotServo

Woah woah woah, hold your horses there. I love Midway Mania and Muppets everywhere...Saying that I think they are D-Tickets at DCA is in no way some kind of negitive statements towards their quality. Like I said, being an E-Ticket is something in spirit...And I think both Muppets and DCA fit in the park as D-Tickets, whereas as Studios they have E-Tcket flair. It's not that they are lesser attractions.

And while I agree DCA's Tower is lesser, even at it's worst, it's still an E-Ticket. Same for the rest you mentioned.

sponono88

[/B]

Good point it queue is still lacking however.

I guess.. but again it's a midway ride built into the pier setting, it sort of calls for an open-air queue with outdoor loading.

Woah woah woah, hold your horses there. I love Midway Mania and Muppets everywhere...Saying that I think they are D-Tickets at DCA is in no way some kind of negitive statements towards their quality. Like I said, being an E-Ticket is something in spirit...And I think both Muppets and DCA fit in the park as D-Tickets, whereas as Studios they have E-Tcket flair. It's not that they are lesser attractions.

And while I agree DCA's Tower is lesser, even at it's worst, it's still an E-Ticket. Same for the rest you mentioned.

hah okay. I just wasn't sure why only one Muppetvision was listed when the main attraction in each is exactly the same :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Is Soarin' an E-ticket. It seems as though it's a imple ride, but the machinery involved is pretty impressive... so idk?
I agree. It's also pretty unique. :D

RNR IS AN E-TICKET.

The ride time thing doesn't work, because it's not about actual physical ride time, it's about the experience. It's why you count The Foyer, Stretching Room, and Load into Mansion's ride time. From the moment you step into the pre-show, you're experiencing a story. Counting a ride's worth in the seconds you are moving on the track, is not a way to judge what is and isn't an E-Ticket.

For me an E-Ticket is a Must see, something that's just pure fun and you just want to do it again and again, to see new details and relive that experience, because it's just so fun. It's not as quantifiable as a formula (Ride Time x AA's x Sets x Details = E Ticket)

That's making rides out to be something equatable, something you can get out of a book and build together. WDI's rides aren't about formula or substance, they are about heart. E-Tickets aren't assembled, they're made at heart, as the really big shows, the really entertaining and Major must-see's of what Imagineering does.

:shrug:

MY LIST

Magic Kingdom

Space Mountain

Hall of Presidents

Haunted Mansion

It's a Small World

Mickey's Philharmagic

Jungle Cruise

Pirates of the Caribbean

Splash Mountain

Big Thunder Mountain

STUDIOS

Tower of Terror

Rock N Roller Coaster

Toy Story Midway Mania

Muppet-Vision

Star Tours

EPCOT

Soarin'

Spaceship Earth

Mission: Space

Test Track

American Adventure

DAK

Kilimanjaro Safaris

Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain

Kali River Rapids

Countdown to Extinction

DCA

Soarin' Over California

Tower of Terror

California Screamin'

Grizzly River Rapids

DISNEYLAND

Matterhorn

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage

Space Mountain

Star Tours

Indiana Jones Adventure

Jungle Cruise

The Enchanted Tiki Room

Pirates of the Caribbean

Haunted Mansion

Splash Mountain

Big Thunder Mountain

It's a Small World

Monorail

Even if we all disagree, it terms of count it's always be: Disneyland in first, Kingdom a far second, Epcot and Studios tied at third, Animal Kingdom and DCA not far behind.

And HKDL is somewhere at the Starter's line.
:lol:

Finally! :D We agree on something word for word! :lol: It's not about the ride, it's the whole package.

Well said, Travis.

panther726

If they were to price each ride, as with A Ticket, B Ticket etc., rides that currently tend to have the longest lines would be the E Tickets. That doesn't mean they're the "best" or the most impressively designed or the most exciting or even that they're the most popular.

Haunted Mansion would be D instead of E, because you can get so many people through the ride so quickly. Dumbo would be a D despite being less popular than HM, because it loads so slowly.

I agree. You can argue all day that Hall of Presidents is an E-ticket. But if tomorrow, Disney implements the ticket books, you all know good and well HoP will not be listed as an E-ticket.

What is the point of calling something an E-ticket if it has no lines to begin with (HoP)? These arguments are only for mere sentimental value.

Not trying to be negative, just a realistic.:wave:

_Scar

IMO HM and Dumbo have constant flowing lines... way more people in the park journey through the HM than Dumbo just because of capacity, but Dumbo has a 60 minute wait and HM has a 20 minute wait including stretching room (average by my experience).

Even though I've never ridden ToT anywhere, and probably won't, DCA's should still be an E-ticket. Similarly, our PotC is lacking compared to DL's but it's still no doubt an E-ticket in both parks.

The Conundrum

Here is a ticket from 1976, two new attractions were added to the E pantheon:

WDW+1978+E+ticket.jpg

CBJ is a big lavish AA show so I can see why it would be an E. It's a marc davis classic.

Fun fact: The very first E-ticket ride created by Disney was the Submarine Voyage.[/QUOTE]

This is interesting, I guess they never built a ride on this scale before, so maybe the decided to create a new class in E after this?

Yea The Subs, the monorail, the upgraded skyway, and Matterhorn Mountain all opened on the same day causing a shakeup in the ticket system. The Subs were so immersive and the Matterhorn so thrilling they were not in the same league as the old attractions so a new "E-ticket" was created.

Coincidentally, in 2011 two supposedly awsome rides will be opening up in Disneyland (Mermaid, Star Tours II) unlike anything seen in the american parks since Indiana Jones at Disneyland and Spider-Man at IOA. The year following sees the debut of the grandest ride Disney has ever attempted, Radiator Springs Racers...could this trio lead to the notion of the "F-Ticket"? Only time will tell...

Figment632

Yea The Subs, the monorail, the upgraded skyway, and Matterhorn Mountain all opened on the same day causing a shakeup in the ticket system. The Subs were so immersive and the Matterhorn so thrilling they were not in the same league as the old attractions so a new "E-ticket" was created.

Coincidentally, in 2011 two supposedly awsome rides will be opening up in Disneyland (Mermaid, Star Tours II) unlike anything seen in the american parks since Indiana Jones at Disneyland and Spider-Man at IOA. The year following sees the debut of the grandest ride Disney has ever attempted, Radiator Springs Racers...could this trio lead to the notion of the "F-Ticket"? Only time will tell...

That would be interesting and I wish we were getting RSR in DHS!

RSoxNo1

I believe Radiator Springs Racers has been referred to as an E+

_Scar

correct, RSR has been described as an E+ ticket

there will be some similarities, but the overall experience will be completely different. it will use the third generation test track ride system, and will supposedly rival Indy in theming/detail/special effects.

WoC will steal the show still :D.

Anyway, back to reality.

Fantasy Forest will be magical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom