New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

SirGoofy

That was my first thought, but the more I think about it, the more I think it could be a great idea.

I think it's a great big bag of FAIL.:lol:

How would you deal with APs and CMs?

Not to mention the angry cries of guests when they find out they only have a limited number of rides, and then they have to pay extra.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The problem with the "E" ticket now is that, since it's no longer used, people don't know what it means.

An "E" ticket was not the most thrilling of attractions, as Conundrum already stated, it was a measure of the scope of the attraction. Including, but not exclusive of: Animatronics, themeing of attraction, themeing of queue, how immersive the attraction is, soundtrack, lighting, use of technology of the day, etc.

Mr.EPCOT

I think it's a great big bag of FAIL.:lol:

How would you deal with APs and CMs?

Not to mention the angry cries of guests when they find out they only have a limited number of rides, and then they have to pay extra.

No way in hel! for me. Disney costs too much already, and I will ride SSE as many times as I want, thankyouverymuch.

Well, the park admission would go down. Most people will do most rides just once, and the ticket books can easily be assembled with re-rides in mind. It can easily marketed properly so that most Guests know that that's how it works. And think about the advantages it could have to each individual attraction. It would cut down on re-rides some, thus wear and tear, and save on maintenance costs. The ticketing system could be structured so that each attraction would receive the revenue from each ticket redeemed for it. (You want that onboard audio for Space Mountain? Then you and your friends just go ride it 5,000 times each!) This would also help people who don't have so much money visit the parks when otherwise they might not have been able to go at all. And it'd certainly make visiting the park more attractive for someone who might not necessarily be visiting for the rides. Want to go EPCOT just for the Food and Wine Festival? Well, now you only have to pay maybe $30-$35 for admission instead. And, sure, you could still buy an "E" Ticket if you want to go for that ride on Mission: SPACE completely toasted.

It could certainly work, and benefit both Disney and the Guests. I'm not saying it would for sure, but there are certainly intriguing possibilities.

panther726

Well, the park admission would go down. Most people will do most rides just once, and the ticket books can easily be assembled with re-rides in mind. It can easily marketed properly so that most Guests know that that's how it works. And think about the advantages it could have to each individual attraction. It would cut down on re-rides some, thus wear and tear, and save on maintenance costs. The ticketing system could be structured so that each attraction would receive the revenue from each ticket redeemed for it. (You want that onboard audio for Space Mountain? Then you and your friends just go ride it 5,000 times each!) This would also help people who don't have so much money visit the parks when otherwise they might not have been able to go at all. And it'd certainly make visiting the park more attractive for someone who might not necessarily be visiting for the rides. Want to go EPCOT just for the Food and Wine Festival? Well, now you only have to pay maybe $30-$35 for admission instead. And, sure, you could still buy an "E" Ticket if you want to go for that ride on Mission: SPACE completely toasted.

It could certainly work, and benefit both Disney and the Guests. I'm not saying it would for sure, but there are certainly intriguing possibilities.
I will take no audio for Space Mountain as long as I avoid this catastrophe.

I give you props to present something this far out there.

EPCOT Explorer

I don't buy it. They got rid of it for a reason, and this would be another expense to add onto a already huge bill.

I doubt we would see Disney EVER change/lower the pricing. It works well for them.

RSoxNo1

Maybe. I only did it once or twice.:shrug:

To me that indicates that it's not an E-Ticket.

The problem with the "E" ticket now is that, since it's no longer used, people don't know what it means.

An "E" ticket was not the most thrilling of attractions, as Conundrum already stated, it was a measure of the scope of the attraction. Including, but not exclusive of: Animatronics, themeing of attraction, themeing of queue, how immersive the attraction is, soundtrack, lighting, use of technology of the day, etc.

Yes, that's true to a degree. It has to be linked to popularity though.

I too haven't seen Hall of Presidents in several years. For me it's often a once per administration type thing. I know I'm not alone with that. My hope is that the changes this time around are significant enough so that it's on par with American Adventure. I think the scope of American Adventure is impressive, and the attraction itself is inspiring. I assume that those of you that feel that Hall of Presidents is an E-Ticket would also agree that American Adventure is an E-Ticket. However, I don't see it playing to the packed crowds that would dictate it being an E-Ticket.

Something like American Adventure would be an E-Ticket level attraction for D-Ticket prices. For one reason or another (mainly the negative connotation of a ride being educational) it doesn't pack in the crowds like other shows. Like it or not, guest reaction has to be factored in when factoring in how to grade a show.

I've argued in the past that theming of an attraction is almost irrelevant, as long as it has that theming and it's done well. If you look at the Animatronic based stage shows that have existed in Florida, it would be hard to consider any of them as a modern day gate buster that brings crowds to the parks. Country Bear Jamboree, Hall of Presidents, American Adventure, Legend of the Lion King, Kitchen Kabaret, Food Rocks, and any others that I'm forgetting are not driving attendance.

Disney isn't stupid, if the ticket books existed today it would be based solely on popularity. If Disney were to put these types of books out today, we may even see the likes of Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean labeled as D-Tickets, now I don't agree with that but it wouldn't shock me. This is all speculative though, it's just based on mass perception, not fanboi perception.

This is why I don't really like using the old E-Ticket barometer. I actually prefer the metrics used in the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World where something that may be categorically considered an E-Ticket could be considered any one of the following:

1. Super Headliner
2. Headliner
3. Major Attraction
4. Minor Attraction

An attraction like Splash Mountain may be considered a Super Headliner, Pirates of the Caribbean may be considered a Headliner while Country Bear Jamboree or Hall of Presidents would be considered Major Attractions. It gets into a semantics argument in the same way as an E-Ticket vs a D or C-Ticket, but I find that the terms used are easier to define.

RSoxNo1

I don't buy it at all. Why would people ride subpar rides in hopes of making them better? What would be more likely is that you would see fluctuation over where the guests would label an attraction. What most on here would consider a C-Ticket (Probably Buzz Lightyear and Peter Pan) would see substantially larger lines than some of the other C-tickets (Snow White) and they would be moved up or down accordingly.

The tickets now couldn't be directly linked to the scope of an attraction because scope isn't always linked to popularity.

_Scar

Is Soarin' an E-ticket. It seems as though it's a imple ride, but the machinery involved is pretty impressive... so idk?

EpcotServo

RNR IS AN E-TICKET.

The ride time thing doesn't work, because it's not about actual physical ride time, it's about the experience. It's why you count The Foyer, Stretching Room, and Load into Mansion's ride time. From the moment you step into the pre-show, you're experiencing a story. Counting a ride's worth in the seconds you are moving on the track, is not a way to judge what is and isn't an E-Ticket.

For me an E-Ticket is a Must see, something that's just pure fun and you just want to do it again and again, to see new details and relive that experience, because it's just so fun. It's not as quantifiable as a formula (Ride Time x AA's x Sets x Details = E Ticket)

That's making rides out to be something equatable, something you can get out of a book and build together. WDI's rides aren't about formula or substance, they are about heart. E-Tickets aren't assembled, they're made at heart, as the really big shows, the really entertaining and Major must-see's of what Imagineering does.

:shrug:

MY LIST

Magic Kingdom

Space Mountain

Hall of Presidents

Haunted Mansion

It's a Small World

Mickey's Philharmagic

Jungle Cruise

Pirates of the Caribbean

Splash Mountain

Big Thunder Mountain

STUDIOS

Tower of Terror

Rock N Roller Coaster

Toy Story Midway Mania

Muppet-Vision

Star Tours

EPCOT

Soarin'

Spaceship Earth

Mission: Space

Test Track

American Adventure

DAK

Kilimanjaro Safaris

Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain

Kali River Rapids

Countdown to Extinction

DCA

Soarin' Over California

Tower of Terror

California Screamin'

Grizzly River Rapids

DISNEYLAND

Matterhorn

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage

Space Mountain

Star Tours

Indiana Jones Adventure

Jungle Cruise

The Enchanted Tiki Room

Pirates of the Caribbean

Haunted Mansion

Splash Mountain

Big Thunder Mountain

It's a Small World

Monorail

Even if we all disagree, it terms of count it's always be: Disneyland in first, Kingdom a far second, Epcot and Studios tied at third, Animal Kingdom and DCA not far behind.

And HKDL is somewhere at the Starter's line.
:lol:

sponono88

why did you include Midway Mania and Muppetvision for DHS but didn't list them on the DCA list? that brings DCA's total to 6. And in a few years you can add Radiator Springs Racers and TLM to that list :)

Lucky

If they were to price each ride, as with A Ticket, B Ticket etc., rides that currently tend to have the longest lines would be the E Tickets. That doesn't mean they're the "best" or the most impressively designed or the most exciting or even that they're the most popular.

Haunted Mansion would be D instead of E, because you can get so many people through the ride so quickly. Dumbo would be a D despite being less popular than HM, because it loads so slowly.

The Conundrum

Any proof of this because I'm prettysure you are wrong. They don't classify anything like that anymore unless it's a huge immersive E ticket. So until you offer proof besides a ticket from 1971 you have no case.

Here is a ticket from 1976, two new attractions were added to the E pantheon:

WDW+1978+E+ticket.jpg

CBJ is a big lavish AA show so I can see why it would be an E. It's a marc davis classic.

Fun fact: The very first E-ticket ride created by Disney was the Submarine Voyage.

njDizFan

This e-ticket controversy would be a great thread all by itself. I don't know how to determine each attraction..
cost to Disney?thrilling?must sees? number of AAs?ride times?
theming?
The one ride that I think incorporates all these things is Splash Mountain.

Although probobly the 3 most prominet e-ticket rides in my opinion are:

CoP
AA
HoP

and none of them are thrilling, and have zero "re-ridability" quality.

Lucky

This e-ticket controversy would be a great thread all by itself. I don't know how to determine each attraction..
cost to Disney?thrilling?must sees? number of AAs?ride times?
theming?
The one ride that I think incorporates all these things is Splash Mountain.

CoP
AA
HoP

More importantly, no one would pay E-Ticket prices to see them. They'd be empty all day.

Anyone can rank their favorite rides based on any criteria they want. But if each ride were separately priced as with the old A-E tickets, rides would be priced to even out the lines and traffic.

lazyboy97o

CoP
AA
HoP

I am not sure about when it debuted at the Magic Kingdom, but according to Yesterland the Carousel of Progress was not an E-Ticket, as admission was free.

Figment632

Here is a ticket from 1976, two new attractions were added to the E pantheon:

WDW+1978+E+ticket.jpg

CBJ is a big lavish AA show so I can see why it would be an E. It's a marc davis classic.

Fun fact: The very first E-ticket ride created by Disney was the Submarine Voyage.[/QUOTE]

This is interesting, I guess they never built a ride on this scale before, so maybe the decided to create a new class in E after this?

herc

It looks like it is back near Dumbo so I wonder what the theme will be? Also I wonder why they didnt talk about it at D23?
Because they need to keep some things from next year's D23 Expo. This was a huge announcement for this year. Next year, you may see a more refined announcement of the new Fantasyland with possible new additions.

Figment632

Because they need to keep some things from next year's D23 Expo. This was a huge announcement for this year. Next year, you may see a more refined announcement of the new Fantasyland with possible new additions.

Hopefully some more concept art as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom