New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

jt04

:fork::lol:

IF...and only if they do it like Pirates...:D I could see it exploding.

I agree, it hit me the same way. Books, video games, theme parks etc. They could create a whole world in the manner of Star Wars/LOTR.

They could have a Kim Possible type overlay that extends all over WDW. I keep thinking how it could be discretely added to many attractions in very subtle ways that only those "in the know" would recognize. Kinda like hidden Mickey's but woven in as part of legend/lore and detailed backstory.

I can think of many ways Nemo could be tied in an "extended universe" style of story telling. Scrap pirates, this trumps it!

EPCOT Explorer

I agree, it hit me the same way. Books, video games, theme parks etc. They could create a whole world in the manner of Star Wars/LOTR.

They could have a Kim Possible type overlay that extends all over WDW. I keep thinking how it could be discretely added to many attractions in very subtle ways that only those "in the know" would recognize. Kinda like hidden Mickey's but woven in as part of legend/lore and detailed backstory.

I can think of many ways Nemo could be tied in an "extended universe" style of story telling. Scrap pirates, this trumps it!

Seriously, jt. Though, I wonder if we are blinded by our apparent "love" for it?:lol:

Don't want it to get TOO generic...

And yeah, Nemo could be a original member...and leaves because of some elaborate backstory I have not thought of, yet. Heck, even characters like Master Gracy and DREAMFINDER can be a obscure part of this..:lol:

(Join the Social Group already! :p)

jt04

Seriously, jt. Though, I wonder if we are blinded by our apparent "love" for it?:lol:

Don't want it to get TOO generic...

(Join the Social Group already! :p)

It has a ton of potential. Disney could use it's own franchise in just this manner. I keep thinking of Indiana Jones style of movie but with many different characters spanning many centuries.

Here is a better analogy. Indiana Jones and the X-Files and National Treasure all mixed together. That is what I am thinking this is or could be.

PS -I'm not a joiner. Sorry.

The Conundrum

Not for long!:D

*drools at MP*:lol:

99-01...The lost years.:lol:

And oddly, that's when we got RoE, ToN, SaMC....I don't get it.

Try 99-09

Things are only going to start SERIOUSLY turning around next year

and lmao at the clowns in here hyping up the SEA thing that bluesky made up. It ain't the start of the next big megafranchise for Disney dont fool yourselves

I really hope that they work Mickey and Minnie's houses in there somewhere. I don't care too much about Donald's boat, but I'll miss Mickey and Minnie's houses when they're gone! :(

lazyboy97o

and lmao at the clowns in here hyping up the SEA thing that bluesky made up. It ain't the start of the next big megafranchise for Disney dont fool yourselves
I have seen mention of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers before. Not exactly sure why Honor decided to just bring it up now. It is not exactly new and I cannot think of anything currently in the pipeline that would make for a nice tie in. Either way, I am not a fan of the overly convoluted and forced backstory just so those "in the know" can squeal about details. If one has to go research what is "going on" in the parks then the parks are not communicating properly.

Lee

Adventurer
Would be great to see if you can find
These aren't the ones I was thinking of, but the only ones I could find.
(Need to reorganize my files one of these days.....)

Attachments

• pic1B.jpeg
    pic1B.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 104
  • pic2B.jpeg
    pic2B.jpeg
    21.2 KB · Views: 96

EPCOT Explorer

It has a ton of potential. Disney could use it's own franchise in just this manner. I keep thinking of Indiana Jones style of movie but with many different characters spanning many centuries.

Here is a better analogy. Indiana Jones and the X-Files and National Treasure all mixed together. That is what I am thinking this is or could be.

PS -I'm not a joiner. Sorry.
Ah, I see. I like it. :D

And yeah, I forgot about your blockage of PM's and other Social things...:lookaroun

What if Sparrow meets the SEA in NOS and they can get a spin off of Henry Hightower.... :shrug:
I could see it...:lol:

Try 99-09

Things are only going to start SERIOUSLY turning around next year

First, your opinion. Last year wasn't a bad year either. Though, things are looking up, and that's only in the span of this past week.

Second, Yeah, I really don't appreciate being called a clown. Rude, distasteful, and utterly disrespectful of you. What is wrong with creating a Social Group based off a cool back-story Disney has is beyond me. How is it bad that we are advocating them to expand on it?

You crossed another line, Conundrum.:rolleyes:
I have seen mention of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers before. Not exactly sure why Honor decided to just bring it up now. It is not exactly new and I cannot think of anything currently in the pipeline that would make for a nice tie in. Either way, I am not a fan of the overly convoluted and forced backstory just so those "in the know" can squeal about details. If one has to go research what is "going on" in the parks then the parks are not communicating properly.

It's being mentioned now because Mystic Point is about to take the little known backstory of SEA, and make it something larger in the parks. It's our hope that they do this across the board so to speak:D

And backstory is essential in a Disney Park, IMHO. You don't need to know its there, but if you're aware of it, it makes the experience all the richer. See HM for example. How many guests know about all the intricate details? Very few. But those who DO know, are drawn farther into Disney. Seems almost like very fine marketing.

jt04

Yeah, it works for Six Flags.

Backstory, theme, hidden mickey's etc.......what is Disney thinking?! Just a waste of money. :rolleyes:

Bah humbug.

jt04

I really hope that they work Mickey and Minnie's houses in there somewhere. I don't care too much about Donald's boat, but I'll miss Mickey and Minnie's houses when they're gone! :(

Sorry, the fab five are evicted from the new FL. They don't fit the theme at all. Not even remotely.

Most people think M&M are headed for more prestigious digs uptown. Yep, the upscale Main Street USA. I hear they are pretty excited about the move too.

lazyboy97o

It's being mentioned now because Mystic Point is about to take the little known backstory of SEA, and make it something larger in the parks. It's our hope that they do this across the board so to speak:D
Ah right, forgot about that.

And backstory is essential in a Disney Park, IMHO. You don't need to know its there, but if you're aware of it, it makes the experience all the richer. See HM for example. How many guests know about all the intricate details? Very few. But those who DO know, are drawn farther into Disney. Seems almost like very fine marketing.
Backstory is not essential. It has its place, but is not essential. Intricate details are not always evidence of a backstory and The Haunted Mansion is a perfect example. The details are there to create an enveloping experience that allows for a more complete suspension of disbelief.

Yeah, it works for Six Flags.

Backstory, theme, hidden mickey's etc.......what is Disney thinking?! Just a waste of money. :rolleyes:

Bah humbug.
Nice straw man.

jt04

Backstory is not essential. It has its place, but is not essential. Intricate details are not always evidence of a backstory and The Haunted Mansion is a perfect example. The details are there to create an enveloping experience that allows for a more complete suspension of disbelief.

Nice straw man.

Your "straw man" claim is the real straw man. :p

EPCOT Explorer

I respectfully disagree. When backstory is evident, I find it only furthers the experience because it adds to the experience to those who see it, and those who don't. Look how rich in story HM is, for example. We, the fans, might see it for all the details, but other guests see it for a bigger picture....And it works both ways. It furthers and builds on the experience...And it's something undeniably Disney. :D

lazyboy97o

I respectfully disagree. When backstory is evident, I find it only furthers the experience because it adds to the experience to those who see it, and those who don't. Look how rich in story HM is, for example. We, the fans, might see it for all the details, but other guests see it for a bigger picture....And it works both ways. It furthers and builds on the experience...And it's something undeniably Disney. :D
To what backstory are the details within The Haunted Mansion alluding?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom