New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

hack2112

What about a giant statue with Mickey's body and Stitch's head wearing a princess crown and spitting chewed up chili dog into a giant pooh honeypot while the BGM of Hannah Montana singing Part of Your World -plays in the background.
Don't forget to add in a gift shop with Jonas Brothers on screens!

How cutting edge!

Brian_WDW74

Personally, I'd like to see the Carpets replaced with a huge orange tree with a little orange bird in it. One that would bring back the reason for naming that little food place in the corner the Sunshine Tree Terrace. :)

trr1

The name for the new Fantasyland expansion area is being called Fantasy Forest. Jay said there will be many more surprises for the area and also a coaster announcement. I guess he still wants to keep some secrets about the new area.

Why would they even have to name that area?
well if they do have to name it how about Princess Prison:drevil:

EPCOT Explorer

What about the liki tikis inspired from HKDL

02%20Liki%20Tikis.jpg

We have those, but not in that arrangement! :lol:

I like it, though.

RSoxNo1

This was the original post from the D23 Official thread:

Something interesting of note...

I just saw that @ProgressCityUSA twittered: Eric Jacobson sez Flying Carpets will stay despite 2nd dumbo spinner.

I have no clue who Eric Jacobson is, but boooo if this is true. Thoughts? :shrug:

Figment1986

-Barnstormer is staying, *BUT* it is getting moved slightly for space reasons (the figure given was 15 feet). It will be getting re-themed, but its new theme has *not* been settled on yet.
My personal guess is that it'll move NNE toward the current train station into where Donald's Boat is now, leaving more room for the Dumbos.

Sounds like with the refurb they will disassemble it, clean the track up and then rebuild it, in the slightly moved location with new footers and queue area... I can live with that... if they improve the view you get at the top of the lift hill.:drevil:

redkoala245

Is there any reference about this new information? Did they talk about this at the D23 convention?
It would be cool if they called the Pixie Hollow Area Fantasy Forest. It sounds like a good idea for the whole expansion area, but I don't know about the current part of Fantasyland though.

WDW Vacationer

I'm sorry but Aladdin does not belong in Anumation Courtyard. It fits in AL more than there.

I am NOT saying it is good in either spot, but rather better in AL.

The Conundrum

I'm sorry but Aladdin does not belong in Anumation Courtyard. It fits in AL more than there.

I am NOT saying it is good in either spot, but rather better in AL.

The Aladdin Magic carpets are a mistake and an eyesore along with its siblings the wand, the giant mickey hat blocking the view, the Leave a legacy statues, etc. Ironically they all made there horrible debut around the same time. They need to just get rid of them already (and remove Zazu and Iago from tikiroom while there at it)

WDW Vacationer

The Aladdin Magic carpets are a mistake and an eyesore along with its siblings the wand, the giant mickey hat blocking the view, the Leave a legacy statues, etc. Ironically they all made there horrible debut around the same time. They need to just get rid of them already (and remove Zazu and Iago from tikiroom while there at it)

I agree! If they d have to stay they should be in AL.

_Scar

IMO the carpets would be fine if they were in an area designed for it, rather than being placed in an already exisiting area. Like I'm sure in WDS in Paris it fits okay.

misterID

Since my original post got buried under the DCA stuff... There was a good discussion about Adventure Land earlier and the Indy ride. Are there plans to put an Indy ride there? I know about the original plans from the 80's, but I mean real plans for an Indy ride in the future.

I'd figure it would fit MGM's Lucas Land more if it was planned.

DisneyWales

That's why I added that BUT. It's clear WoC doesn't fit in DAK, but it still is an amazing show (or at least seems like one). They can maybe make it more animal-ier, but that's beside the point. I was arguing for DCA going off theme. You can't argue WoC fits California at all.

Im sorry, but World of Color fits into Animal Kingdom better than any other park, have you actually watched the D23 run through.

it starts with the water sprite from fantasia, there is the stampede scene from the Lion King, Pocahontas on a river scene, there are loads of references to nature and the environment in the show. When i was watching said run though all i kept thinking was this is built for Animal Kingdom, theres little to no Pyro to affect the animal exhibits.

I wouldn't be surprised in TDO demand World of Color if it turns into the crowd puller i believe its going to be. However knowing TDO it will be somewhat scaled down....!

Adventurers Club

If they pulled up Alladin's Carpets, The Sunshine Terrace and part of the Bazaar shops, this would leave a perfect spot to put The Adventurers Club.

EPCOT Explorer

You know what's sad to me about the HKDL Tikis, HKDL has so few attractions on park maps the tikis are listed as an attraction.
Not for long!:D

*drools at MP*:lol:

99-01...The lost years.:lol:

And oddly, that's when we got RoE, ToN, SaMC....I don't get it.

Gatorboy

Personally, I think having a thrill ride in Fantasyland would be a mistake. FL is for kids 10 and under. I would mch rather see a thrill ride go up in place of the Treehouse in Adventureland or the Tomorrowland Speedway. Heck, replace both with a thrill ride or an expansive dark ride...

Madderhorn Bobsleds.....mistake?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom