New Fantasyland details/concept drawings!

Lee

Adventurer
Well, this CERTAINLY looks much better than what was originally announced. 2012 can't come soon enough!

Based on some previous internal timelines....I'll be pleasantly surprised if everything is done by then. I'm surprised they put that date on there...

WDWFigment

Based on some previous internal timelines....I'll be pleasantly surprised if everything is done by then. I'm surprised they put that date on there...

Here's the question, then. If Mermaid and the rest of the project are complete before the Mine Cart ride, will the completed portions open earlier? Mine Carts looks to be at the "front" of the expansion--does it need to be finished before the entire area can open. Even if it can, will Disney hold off on an official opening for the area until it's all done?

JustInTime

Here's the question, then. If Mermaid and the rest of the project are complete before the Mine Cart ride, will the completed portions open earlier? Mine Carts looks to be at the "front" of the expansion--does it need to be finished before the entire area can open. Even if it can, will Disney hold off on an official opening for the area until it's all done?

And I think that this is the question of the day.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just a few quick questions:

1. What is all this space I circled in red going to be? I don't really see any coaster track or anything. It just looks like a huge space of trees??

2. And what is going in the blue area I circled? It looks like there is nothing there but alot of empty space.

FLEarea.jpg

I think there might be a little piece of the coaster track shown in the red area. Look just to the left of the point of the blue tower, you will see something that looks like a L shape. That might be part of the track.

Lee

Adventurer

Yes. The Mine ride will be the last thing completed/open. Possibly by around 18 months, unless they change plans.

raven

The first section open should be the Great Goofini and train station, then Dumbo, Princess M&G and the rest of the circus theaming after that (and maybe one other part I've yet seen mentioned), B&TB and Mermaid (in 2013) and the mine coaster in 2014. These are all projected though.

JustInTime

The first section open should be the Great Goofini and train station, then Dumbo, Princess M&G and the rest of the circus theaming after that (and maybe one other part I've yet seen mentioned), B&TB and Mermaid (in 2013) and the mine coaster in 2014. These are all projected though.

2013 and 2014 seems late. Mermaid and B&TB seem to be moving too fast to have another 2 and a half years on it. That just doesn't seem right. And 3 and a half years for the Mine seems a bit ridiculous too. 2012 for B&TB and Mermaid and 2013 for Mine Train would seem better. There is no way it will take almost four years for the Mine Train. Please tell me this is a typo or you over-shooting...

Lee

Adventurer
Well...seeing as how they base everything on fiscal years it skews it a bit...
Goofini and train station - Early 2012
Dumbos - Spring 2012
Circus tents - Summer 2012
Meet/Greet - Fall 2012
BatB and LM - Late 2012
Dwarf Mine Ride - Late 2013/early 2014

All, as raven just said, projected and subject to change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom