New Fantasyland details/concept drawings!

raven

Got a question about the layout of the Mine Ride for Lee or raven. The 'New Fantasyland" concept art appears to show an underground mine entrance right off the main pathway, no where really near the cottage, with the exit off on the other side of the attraction. On the other hand, the closeup of the Seven Dwarfs cottage seems to show the entrance to the ride more or less next to the cottage in an elaborately themed woodsy area. Any idea which is more accurate?

Glad you caught that as I saw that a while back as well. The concept art for the entire expansion isn't exactly accurate. The main part of the queue is indoors with a small path leading up to the area (shown in the mine coaster concept art). The overall art (which is wrong) shows it as directly going inside across from the Pooh area. The exit will be at the front of the ride going in front of the cottage and the path will exit near the castle wall to the west of the attraction, not the north. Vehicle storage and maintenence area will be in that area to the north.

Lee

Adventurer
Got a question about the layout of the Mine Ride for Lee or raven. The 'New Fantasyland" concept art appears to show an underground mine entrance right off the main pathway, no where really near the cottage, with the exit, it looks like, off on the other side of the attraction. On the other hand, the closeup of the Seven Dwarfs cottage seems to show the entrance to the ride more or less next to the cottage in an elaborately themed woodsy area. Any idea which is more accurate?

It's sorta the same thing from different angles.
Entrance through the mine on the right, exit via the cottage path on the left.

Edit: See raven's post above.

NYwdwfan

I have the opposite reaction. I was contemplating a trip in 2012. Not gonna happen. If I can wait 2 years, I can surely wait 3.

Since the kids we've been going every year in November/December...and were planning on stretching it to 2. But I don't think I can wait 3. I think I can stretch it to 1.5 years - then another 1.5 years. Any more than that I start to get nutsy. So that puts me at Spring 2012 - bring on the pin codes!! :lol:

hpyhnt 1000

Glad you caught that as I saw that a while back as well. The concept art for the entire expansion isn't exactly accurate. The main part of the queue is indoors with a small path leading up to the area (shown in the mine coaster concept art). The overall art (which is wrong) shows it as directly going inside across from the Pooh area. The exit will be at the front of the ride going in front of the cottage and the path will exit near the castle wall to the west of the attraction, not the north. Vehicle storage and maintenence area will be in that area to the north.

Okay, so the mine coaster concept art is more accurate. Basically, you'll enter a path near Pooh/Mrs. Potts to make your way to the indoor entrance/queue, allowing you to see the cottage but not actually pass by in front of it. Then the exit path will be more or less in the same area as the entrance, but go directly past the cottage and curve away from the entrance path toward the castle wall and BatB area.

Sound about right?

Very true. This is a great leap for Disney. I just can't wait to see what this will look like at night. The only I am not happy about is the princess meet and great.

Because you aren't a 5 year old girl. But just because you aren't doesn't mean that the princess meet and greet does not belong there, or does not deserve to be there. It's a FAMILY place.

So tired of the princess meet and greet bashing....:brick:

raven

Okay, so the mine coaster concept art is more accurate. Basically, you'll enter a path near Pooh/Mrs. Potts to make your way to the indoor entrance/queue, allowing you to see the cottage but not actually pass by in front of it. Then the exit path will be more or less in the same area as the entrance, but go directly past the cottage and curve away from the entrance path toward the castle wall and BatB area.

Sound about right?

That is correct. You can see the actual exit area in the overall layout. The path widens a bit near the castle wall section. The part you see that looks to be an exit on the north side will more than likely just be stroller parking or a smoking area.

Lennyg512

It looks as if the Dueling Dumbo's will have a water feature underneath the ride spinner similar to that of the one in Disneyland... nice!

S

stphnbogert

Because you aren't a 5 year old girl. But just because you aren't doesn't mean that the princess meet and greet does not belong there, or does not deserve to be there. It's a FAMILY place.

So tired of the princess meet and greet bashing....:brick:

i know. i love the princess meet and greet. =) i'm excited for the replacement of swsa only because the ride is outdated and what we're getting is AMAZING. =) both the seven dwarves mine ride and princess meet and greet.

NYwdwfan

It looks as if the Dueling Dumbo's will have a water feature underneath the ride spinner similar to that of the one in Disneyland... nice!

It also looks like one spinner has a lot more spokes (Dumbos) than the other...probably just the way it was drawn but caught my interest nonetheless.

mprice

Don't know if anyone's posted this yet, if so I'm sorry, if not... hooray.

http://www./2011/01/rumor-no-more-m...in-princess-fairytale-hall-the-great-goofini/

ABigBrassBand

i know. i love the princess meet and greet. =) i'm excited for the replacement of swsa only because the ride is outdated and what we're getting is AMAZING. =) both the seven dwarves mine ride and princess meet and greet.

I'm assuming you're a man, but feel free to correct me, because I'm a man as well and FL is my favorite part of MK, no doubt...it's just so...magical!

Testtrack321

Ah, but DCA isn't getting the theamed castle/seaside/outdoor area are they? Nope. Just a building to house the ride in theamed to the carnival area of the boardwalk.

But to add another 6-8 months of construction on top of it? That still seems crazy.

NYwdwfan

It also looks like one spinner has a lot more spokes (Dumbos) than the other...probably just the way it was drawn but caught my interest nonetheless.

OK - so I am quoting myself (quite lame) - but on further review I think one Dumbo has all of the elephants on the ground, the other is mid-ride so they are at varying heights and thus appear to have less elephants. I think.

EDIT - Lee answered above.

ABigBrassBand

Men can enjoy Princesses and Fantasy! I <3 it too.

I know, I know...just that people give me that "pedo" look when they see me enjoying myself with my little sister on Peter Pan/Snow White. Hell, people give me that look when they learn how much I love Disney :rolleyes:
Silly people, connecting 2 things that have little to no relevance together...I'm just a guy with a love for Disney!

hpyhnt 1000

That is correct. You can see the actual exit area in the overall layout. The path widens a bit near the castle wall section. The part you see that looks to be an exit on the north side will more than likely just be stroller parking or a smoking area.

Ah, I see what you're talking about. Thanks for the clarification guys. I'm glad that the entrance will be back toward the cottage instead of right off the main path; it should make it a bit more of an immersive experience.

juan

Good to see it finally announced! :sohappy::sohappy:

It's been so tough since seeing it these changes in August and not being able to talk about them!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom