New Fantasyland details/concept drawings!

raven

2013 and 2014 seems late. Mermaid and B&TB seem to be moving too fast to have another 2 and a half years on it. That just doesn't seem right. And 3 and a half years for the Mine seems a bit ridiculous too. 2012 for B&TB and Mermaid and 2013 for Mine Train would seem better. There is no way it will take almost four years for the Mine Train. Please tell me this is a typo or you over-shooting...

Going off of projected plans from June 2010.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
2013 and 2014 seems late. Mermaid and B&TB seem to be moving too fast to have another 2 and a half years on it. That just doesn't seem right. And 3 and a half years for the Mine seems a bit ridiculous too. 2012 for B&TB and Mermaid and 2013 for Mine Train would seem better. There is no way it will take almost four years for the Mine Train. Please tell me this is a typo or you over-shooting...
They are both at a stage in construction where things do seem to happen fast. Once the work goes from building the physical structure to finish work, electrical, ride installation, etc it will appear to have slowed to a crawl.

JustInTime

They are both at a stage in construction where things do seem to happen fast. Once the work goes from building the physical structure to finish work, electrical, ride installation, etc it will appear to have slowed to a crawl.

yes, but 2.5 years left on BATB and 4 years until Mine Train?! I can't fathom this.

NYwdwfan

Well...seeing as how they base everything on fiscal years it skews it a bit...
Goofini and train station - Early 2012
Dumbos - Spring 2012
Circus tents - Summer 2012
Meet/Greet - Fall 2012
BatB and LM - Late 2012
Dwarf Mine Ride - Late 2013/early 2014

All, as raven just said, projected and subject to change.

I am definitely going to have to go again before this whole thing is completed. So much for holding off until it's done!

JustInTime

Dumbos - Spring 2012
Meet/Greet - Fall 2012
BatB and LM - Late 2012

THis is more towards what I was thinking.

Matpez

I know it isn't really the same, but in recent history, the show building itself (not the outside facade) for Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey was completed in 2008. The actual building is the easy part of the process, the attraction on the inside is the harder part.

Testtrack321

Dumbos - Spring 2012
Meet/Greet - Fall 2012
BatB and LM - Late 2012

Very disappointing time table. Embarrassing it's taking us a year longer to get the Mermaid ride than DCA..

T-1MILLION

I hope it takes more like 2-3 years for the mine train rather than just 1-2. Because most likely, that will mean we get a better themed attraction out of it with more for the experience.

I don't want barnstormer around the mountain with wild mouse tilt cars.

JustInTime

Some higher Resolution Photos courtesy of the Disney Parks Blog

fan384543LARGE.jpg

dwa283454LARGE.jpg

WOW. That is so much more clear. Many more details. That Mine is massive! And the Circusland makes more sense. You can clearly see the train station and the water play area...

And the new teacups roof is still there. :D

Lee

Adventurer
Very disappointing time table. Embarrassing it's taking us a year longer to get the Mermaid ride than DCA..

Well, to be fair, MK's version is a bit more compex, at least on the outside.
Also, they want to open that whole area up there together, so just because it is finished, doesn't mean it will open immediately.

raven

Ah, but DCA isn't getting the theamed castle/seaside/outdoor area are they? Nope. Just a building to house the ride in theamed to the carnival area of the boardwalk.

hpyhnt 1000

Got a question about the layout of the Mine Ride for Lee or raven. The 'New Fantasyland" concept art appears to show an underground mine entrance right off the main pathway, no where really near the cottage, with the exit, it looks like, off on the other side of the attraction. On the other hand, the closeup of the Seven Dwarfs cottage seems to show the entrance to the ride more or less next to the cottage in an elaborately themed woodsy area. Any idea which is more accurate?

lebeau

I am definitely going to have to go again before this whole thing is completed. So much for holding off until it's done!

I have the opposite reaction. I was contemplating a trip in 2012. Not gonna happen. If I can wait 2 years, I can surely wait 3.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom