New Fantasyland details/concept drawings!

Skyway

Original Poster
Just a disappointment about SWSA. Why must we lose anything?

I'm sure Disneyland purists hate that "Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland" was torn out in the 70's.

But imagine just how dated, stale, and redundant that ride would be with Big Thunder Mountain right next door, with similar scenery and animatronics.

It makes perfect sense to eliminate SWSA when "SWSA on Steroids" is built right next door.

You could argue that they should have kept a dark ride there instead of a new meet and greet. But technically, the original princess M&G is being replaced by a ride now.

T-1MILLION

I could not see it on any of the concept art that I have come across with this new batch but are we still getting the Fantasyland cottage like train station?

TinkerBell9988

Sorry, I'm such an old-fashioned Disney fan... Tinker Bell should remain "pixie" size and mute. I'm not a supporter of the walk-around Tink. My whole image of her has been distorted! :lol:

But in all seriousness, Tinker Bell the animated character and Tinker Bell the walk-around character are two different people to me. My perception of Tinker Bell from the Peter Pan movie is so ingrained in me that I can't change it. And I'm a 22 year old woman.

Okay, /minirant... I'm quasi-satisfied with the new FLE plans. (I would have preferred an expanded "real" Toontown instead, but that's just me).

Lee

Adventurer
See?
I told ya five months ago...:cool:
OK.
After endless emails, pm's, and a couple phone calls, I'm gonna lay out what I see as happening with FLE. It hasn't been easy to get any info or confirmation. Lips are sealed pretty tight about the whole FLE v2.0.

I will update/modify it as needed, which hopefully won't be too much.

If anyone finds fault with it, feel free to chime in. (But keep it to facts or very good info. Let's leave opinion out of this thread.)

So here we go, based on a metric ton of rumor and good info:

FLE East will be almost entirely "Dumbo's Circus" themed. Double Dumbo ("Dumbo's Big Top"), rethemed Barnstormer (likely clowns), rethemed train station, Casey Jr food stand, and a fairly major merch location.

Tents will go due to their current condition being not all that good, but will likely be replaced by more tents.

Pixie Hollow (in all it's early concept forms) is dead.

__________________________________________________ _______________

FLE West will have the biggest change from the original plan.

Mermaid and BatB areas are proceeding as planned.

Cindy/Aurora M&G complex is dead.

The large space where they were going will in fact be the Snow White/Dwarf coaster/mine car ride.

Snow White's Scary Adventure will close, providing a home for the wayward princesses. This looks to possibly be a temporary move, perhaps using the recycled name of Fantasyland Character Festival.

This will allow them to have somewhere to do M&Gs while a new area is built, perhaps over in the old Skyway station spot. The SWSA show building would then be changed into a new attraction.

Tink and the Pixies....not sure.

EDIT: Chance the princesses may move in with Mick and Min on Main St for a bit while their new home is being prepared. Depends on the timeframe of how long they keep TTF open.

Ok...there you have it. As of Monday, August 23, 2010 at 9:20 in the am.
Refute it. Deny it. Prove it. Love it or hate it.

I could not see it on any of the concept art that I have come across with this new batch but are we still getting the Fantasyland cottage like train station?
Looks to have been changed to a circus theme. Makes sense.

Matpez

I'm sure Disneyland purists hate that "Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland" was torn out in the 70's.

But imagine just how dated, stale, and redundant that ride would be with Big Thunder Mountain right next door, with similar scenery and animatronics.

It makes perfect sense to eliminate SWSA when "SWSA on Steroids" is built right next door.

You could argue that they should have kept a dark ride there instead of a new meet and greet. But technically, the original princess M&G is being replaced by a ride now.

Although I dislike the idea of losing SWSA, you are correct that a "replacement" is being offered. Still, losing any attraction for a non-attraction... :shrug:

T-1MILLION

Although I dislike the idea of losing SWSA, you are correct that a "replacement" is being offered. Still, losing any attraction for a non-attraction... :shrug:

I agree. A loss of any ride when replaced by a Meet'n Greet is kind of a bummer regardless.

The train station change to a circus theme instead of the nice themed forest cottage train station of fantasy we were supposed to get is really a cheap out to me.

It tells me they are just keeping the Toontown Fair tent themed station with some new additions.

JustInTime

See?

Looks to have been changed to a circus theme. Makes sense.

You can see the station in the art. Totally Circus themed. And great job with your predictions. Though, the Snow White mine was rumored before the plans even changed at all. Remember we all though Barnstormer would get the Mine Train treatment in the early days. But still, your inside info is unprecedented. Well done as always. And thank you.

jakeman

See?
Woot! Go Lee!

It's a non-attraction for you, but the lines in the circus tent in Toontown Fair would beg to differ. I don't think you could displace the princess and not have somewhere for them to go.

raven

I agree. A loss of any ride when replaced by a Meet'n Greet is kind of a bummer regardless.

The train station change to a circus theme instead of the nice themed forest cottage train station of fantasy we were supposed to get is really a cheap out to me.

It tells me they are just keeping the Toontown Fair tent themed station with some new additions.

No, it will be expanded greatly. A forest cottage train station wouldn't fit in the current circus theamed land. Not a cheap out at all, just new theaming.

JustInTime

No, it will be expanded greatly. A forest cottage train station wouldn't fit in the current circus theamed land. Not a cheap out at all, just new theaming.

Any world on what MAY go into the old Snow White ride building after the princess move out (if the ever do)?

djkidkaz

Just a few quick questions:

1. What is all this space I circled in red going to be? I don't really see any coaster track or anything. It just looks like a huge space of trees??

2. And what is going in the blue area I circled? It looks like there is nothing there but alot of empty space.

FLEarea.jpg

I would LOVE to see Pixie hollow come back. I think a Tink dark ride would be awesome...

I think a whole 'Neverland' area would be much better, you can include Tink, but also refurb PPF- plus any more ideas Disney can come up with. :) Peter Pan was (and still is) my favourite disney movie :) I think I would go live at Disney forever if they created Neverland!

TinkerBell9988

Woot! Go Lee!

It's a non-attraction for you, but the lines in the circus tent in Toontown Fair would beg to differ. I don't think you could displace the princess and not have somewhere for them to go.

I believe he means an "attraction" in the sense of an actual "ride" where you sit in a vehicle and it moves... I understand what he means because I feel the same way. Meet and greets are activities, not necessarily physical "attractions" conceived by Imagineers.

Just my opinion! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom