New Fantasyland details/concept drawings!

raven

Is there any secret announcement that we will be surprised about tonight?

I don't know everything that is on the slate for tonight's announcement. Just the things I've stated so far. But who knows. The Dream is kicking off now, the new celebration starts, MK and the property turns 40. Anything could happen.

disneyny

I know I will be proved wrong but I can't see what anyone has to complain about! It looks great and they actually listened to people and got rid of what everyone didn't like- the meet and greets. They gave everyone what people have been been wishing for since I started reading these boards- the mine coaster. I for one am impressed by the direction Disney is taking lately. From little things like unique menu items showing up, to improved and specific merchandise to new additions like these. Please let these be positive indicators for where WDW is headed. Now let the haters start hating.....

terp79

Um that rendering is in the same digital paint style as the original version of the concept illustration disney released....I think it was done by the same person. . . in the beginning stages of development. If I compare the 2 they look like the same illustrator designed them.

I can take both versions and lay them over one another in photoshop and they line up perfectly. I think it was done by the same designer.

S

stphnbogert

Um that rendering is in the same digital paint style as the original version of the concept illustration disney released....I think it was done by the same person. . . in the beginning stages of development. If I compare the 2 they look like the same illustrator designed them.

I can take both versions and lay them over one another in photoshop and they line up perfectly. I think it was done by the same designer.

it was created by a member here on wdwmagic....go to the fantasyland expansion part of the blog and you'll see it in one of the first three threads.

raven

I know I will be proved wrong but I can't see what anyone has to complain about! It looks great and they actually listened to people and got rid of what everyone didn't like- the meet and greets. They gave everyone what people have been been wishing for since I started reading these boards- the mine coaster. I for one am impressed by the direction Disney is taking lately. From little things like unique menu items showing up, to improved and specific merchandise to new additions like these. Please let these be positive indicators for where WDW is headed. Now let the haters start hating.....

They are scouring concept art as we speak planning their attack I'm sure.

Matpez

Their neighbor down the road proved that if you do something right it pays off. That is something WDW had mostly lost sight of in the past few years. Just a disappointment about SWSA. Why must we lose anything?

bgraham34

Their neighbor down the road proved that if you do something right it pays off. That is something WDW had mostly lost sight of in the past few years.

Very true. This is a great leap for Disney. I just can't wait to see what this will look like at night. The only I am not happy about is the princess meet and great.

JustInTime

Ok. Think what you want. But on post #73 of this thread should clear it up for everyone else. Our member only re-created the mine area. The rest is the original art.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=677406&page=5

mickeysaver

I must admit that this is a total step in the right direction. I love that the princess meet and greets will include more princesses and be in a "royal hall" type area. Anytime you can put face characters into air conditioned areas, I am all for it.

I am beyond thrilled about the mine coaster. I think that our grumps and gripes have made a difference. I must admit that the new management's idea to shake things up a bit more with this expansion seems to have a far more balanced appeal. I was concerned that Disney was going to cheap out on us, but it appears that they are spending about the same and giving us much more! :sohappy:

Billy6

So is this it? No more changes? FLE 3.0?

I can't wait to experience this with my daughter.

Is what they have completed so far, in accordance to what this announcement entails?

raven

Their neighbor down the road proved that if you do something right it pays off. That is something WDW had mostly lost sight of in the past few years. Just a disappointment about SWSA. Why must we lose anything?

They had a new princess M&G in the old plans. The public complained about the expansion being too feminine and plans were changed. SWSA is the least popular attraction in the current Fantasyland and the new attraction covers the theme already. That's why it was the perfect spot for it.

So as to why we must loose it? I guess you can ultimately blame the public that complained about the original plans and not having enough space as it is to accomodate everything. Something had to give.

TinkerBell9988

So the meet and greets for Aurora and Cinderella are being replaced by the Seven Dwarf Mine Train/Cottage and the Dumbo Circus area has been expanded?

I'm so behind on this! School has distracted me from WDW news, believe it or not... :(

Also, what about the Tinker Bell forest area? Is that not happening?

disneyny

Ok I will give you that- it is sad to see SWSA go. I hate to see anything go and I wonder with all the room for expansion why that has to happen. That being said if anything ever had to go I would vote for SWSA only because it is a little outdated, the dark ride format is still preserved in other rides and they are taking the same theme and plussing it with the mine coaster. I remember being shocked at how in need of attention it was on my trip back in 2003- I didn't even go on it my last 2 trips. But, I will for sure make a last visit to it when I visit next month so I can preserve the memory! It is never good to see an attraction go though.

NYwdwfan

So the meet and greets for Aurora and Cinderella are being replaced by the Seven Dwarf Mine Train/Cottage and the Dumbo Circus area has been expanded?

I'm so behind on this! School has distracted me from WDW news, believe it or not... :(

Also, what about the Tinker Bell forest area? Is that not happening?

Pixie Hollow has been scrapped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom