New Fantasyland details/concept drawings!

NYwdwfan

So, the princesses are currently in the tents. The tents are staying, but the princesses are moving. So what is going to be in the tents? They are definitely in the concept art.

Also, I noticed a lot of other smaller things in Circusland. With both Dumbo and the Goofy coaster on the right side of the land, what's the incentive to go to the left side. There's the train station, but something else is over there in the artwork.

I think it may be that Casey Jr. water play area - from my post above (I *think*)

hpyhnt 1000

Why is everyone so fixed on this roof? :veryconfu

Because no one likes the current roof and many are jealous of DLP and its (admittedly) beautiful Teacup roof.

While a glass roof like the one at DLP would not work in the climate of Florida, it would be nice to have something more creative and ornate than just a painted aluminum roof.

raven

Because no one likes the current roof and many are jealous of DLP and its (admittedly) beautiful Teacup roof.

While a glass roof like the one at DLP would not work in the climate of Florida, it would be nice to have something more creative and ornate than just a painted aluminum roof.

The roof in WDW is currently a vinyl covering over the roof and they are still working on it.

hpyhnt 1000

The roof in WDW is currently a vinyl covering over the roof and they are still working on it.

It looks like its still being worked on... any time frame on when it may actually be "done?"

While a new, DLP-esqe roof would be nice, its not a make or break for me. I'd personally go for a thatch and wood roof since it would fit well into the forest theme.

dxwwf3

Hopefully the mine coaster will be closer in terms of thrill to BTMRR than to the Barnstormer. I am not expecting it to be a great coaster, but something decent would be nice.

ryanduggers

looks great!!!!!

Thanks to Lee, Raven & Juan for your good info.

My take on this is that I would trade the Mine Coaster for SWSA any day....

So, where is JT04s comment on all of this? My guess is that he is taking time to wash all that egg off his face....

t

jakeman

Why is everyone so fixed on this roof? :veryconfu
Because raven, it was decided long ago without any proof or acknowledgment from Disney themselves that WDW Teacups would be getting the Paris roof treatment.

And as the internet deems it, it must be so lest the offending company be subject to the gnashing of nerd teeth! :lookaroun

RSoxNo1

OK - I know that was probably a serious question...but :lol:

I dunno...it kinda looks like it might need one. It has some speed and therefore necessary restraints to keep guests in. I doubt infants can ride.

Yeah, it was a serious question. I know the assumption going in was that it wouldn't require one, but I'm thinking it would have the same 35 inch height requirement that Goofy's Barnstormer/The Great Goofini has. That would make some sense.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So we are getting 2 e-tickets?? This coaster looks like it is similar in size and style to Thunder Mountain, which is cool. Can we request that it is named to match the rest of the mountain range at MK? And I feel like Little Mermaid is going to be some hi-tech stuff.
No. Mermaid will be a solid D. Looking at the mine train plans probably the same.

Ignohippo

Big hats off to Lee, Raven and Juan for all the great info. I was the one who started most of the junk about the Chateau staying (stupidly, before I had read their posts in another thread) and was completely chastised for it (rightfully so).

Someone in that thread asked if I would admit to being wrong when the MineTrain was officially announced and, even though I completely changed my stance months ago when I saw their other posts), I will very happily say that I was wrong. You guys are the best and we appreciate your info.

MotherOfBirds

This looks really great! Thank you Juan, Lee, and Raven for humoring our constant pestering for info :wave:

......by the way, how long has SWSA got left? :lol:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
It's just how it's drawn. They will be identical.

Speaking of which, has it ever been decided if the existing spinner will be relocated or will we be getting two new ones? If so, when does Dumbo close for relo? I'm guessing soon.

As for the mine train, I'm guessing it could be much like Crush's Coaster in DLP where the story is told on a slow moving train and then launched into the roller coaster portion. This makes sense. They could recreate the existing storyline but when you get to the mine portion, that's when the coaster would begin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom