New Fantasyland details/concept drawings!

CrescentLake

Good to see it finally announced! :sohappy::sohappy:

It's been so tough since seeing it these changes in August and not being able to talk about them!:lol:

I bet...

I'm very pleased with the announcement, because now its "official," but a big thank you to Juan, Lee, and Raven for all their contributions. And also a big :hammer: at those who shall remain nameless that continued to bash your ideas.

At any rate, I really hope we get something else at the press event. It would be great to hear something we didn't already know, or even confirmation on another project. (River Country DVC?)

hpyhnt 1000

I believe it will.
I have seen evidence of two entrance paths, one straight to the station, the other through the extensive indoor queue.

Since interactive/RFID seems to be the in thing with queues, any idea if this extensive area will feature such elements? A mine setting seems to be a good opportunity for it.

DDCT4U

Concept Drawings

fantasyland-rendering1.jpg

fantasyland-rendering2.jpg

fantasyland-rendering3.jpg

fantasyland-rendering4.jpg

fantasyland-rendering5.jpg

fantasyland-rendering8.jpg

fantasyland-rendering9.jpg

fantasyland-rendering10.jpg

raven

I am interested to see what the new ride system for the Mine Ride will be like. How much swinging will the carts do?

The cars will be free-swinging through a pivot fixed to the wheel mechanism. The pivot will be at a central point on the front and rear of each vehicle allowing the car to swing out on the corners.

The best way to describe it for me would be like those old crib rockers like in this photo (although they won't protrude up as much):
imagesCAP4RGUL.jpg

CrescentLake

As of now, I would say both will have it.

Stupid question (I'm sure everyone's questions are really annoying you right now, so my apologies in advance): Is there a chance the rumored River Country DVC could be announced? Or will that be a separate announcement at a later date?

ABigBrassBand

The cars will be free-swinging through a pivot fixed to the wheel mechanism. The pivot will be at a central point on the front and rear of each vehicle allowing the car to swing out on the corners.

The best way to describe it for me would be like those old crib rockers like in this photo (although they won't protrude up as much):
imagesCAP4RGUL.jpg
That is an odd, but interesting ride system...cannot wait!

Awesome... Thanks Raven! I love that idea... the ride doesn't need to have big drops as long as the ride system is designed to heighten the experience. I am really excited for this one!

Lee

Adventurer
Stupis question (I'm sure everyone's questions are really annoying you right now, so my apologies in advance): Is there a chance the rumored River Country DVC could be announced? Or will that be a separate announcement at a later date?

I guess there's a chance...but I don't expect it to happen tonight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom