New Fantasyland details/concept drawings!

jt04

Why is everyone so fixed on this roof? :veryconfu

It is all about the aesthetics. At least for me. I am very relieved with the emphasis on expanding the forest theme all around the mine train. My only beef is that I would have liked to see a forced perspective chateau within the mountain forest. I thought the aesthetics in the original concept of having the chateau beyond the castle walls was awesome story telling. It was not the m&g that I found so compelling. It was the perfect placement of the country chateau.

All in all I agree this is a step forward especially if the mine mountain has some visual 'magic' on the exterior. Special details that people discover as they walk around it that creates excitement spontaneously. The water feature is very welcome! And I must say the ride has that old school Imagineering look to it. Very BTMRR or Splash. Although I realize it is not on that scale.

looks great!!!!!

Thanks to Lee, Raven & Juan for your good info.

My take on this is that I would trade the Mine Coaster for SWSA any day....

So, where is JT04s comment on all of this? My guess is that he is taking time to wash all that egg off his face....

t

Just got home and have been going through all the details.

Care to explain? Just because I was willing to ask the tough questions? No, I have no regrets on this one.

I will wait for more details before I comment on circusland. Can't say whether this was a step forward yet. Possibly.

Thanks insiders. You passed the test. :drevil:

Men can enjoy Princesses and Fantasy! I <3 it too.

AMEN! I'm an adult woman, and I love it. Even if I didn't have a 5 year old daughter. My husband gets a huge kick out of it all as well. Good for anyone who is there enjoying the parks as they are meant to be!

There are things in the parks that aren't my favorite. But I'd never b*itch about them being there, the way some people are about these princess things in the FLE. It's called Fantasyland for a reason, no? Gah.

PhillyMagicFan

Squirting Dumbos?

Hello, Brand-new to the board. Does anyone know if an interactive water-play feature has been incorporated into the new twin Dumbo spinners? The new concept art shows some squirting details on the left spinner. I do recall a new patent filed for a water-scooping type attraction in the patents thread about a year ago. Sound familiar anyone? Has this been discussed or confirmed? Or am I just daydreaming? I think it's a great way to freshen-up this classic. -The Newbie.

I hope I haven't missed this but is there a timeline for the closure of SWSA? We'll be there mid June and I'd like to warn the kids if we'll miss it, since my eldest loves it.

raven

Hello, Brand-new to the board. Does anyone know if an interactive water-play feature has been incorporated into the new twin Dumbo spinners? The new concept art shows some squirting details on the left spinner. I do recall a new patent filed for a water-scooping type attraction in the patents thread about a year ago. Sound familiar anyone? Has this been discussed or confirmed? Or am I just daydreaming? I think it's a great way to freshen-up this classic. -The Newbie.

No details yet. But concept art often is doctored up to get the viewer more interested. It's quite possible it may be a feature but don't always rely on what the art shows.

fireworkz

I hope I haven't missed this but is there a timeline for the closure of SWSA? We'll be there mid June and I'd like to warn the kids if we'll miss it, since my eldest loves it.

The official response from the Parks Blog is there isn't a time set for it's closure. I would guess it won't close at least until Mermaid or something else opens too keep capacity at a decent level. Remember TTF closes next month, that's going to have a fairly decent effect on capacity, especially with Spring/Easter just around the corner :eek:

CJR

So after thinking about it, I think it's common knowledge that one of the two big tents will be a store. How likely is it Disney will keep the other for M&G's? I remember hearing that some of the more rare characters might start making appearances in Circusland.

It's really too bad they can't turn SWSA into a Sleeping Beauty dark ride. That would've been epic with a good dragon scene at the end. Even if they take out the ride for a princess M&G, I'll hope its temporary, listen to Journey and never stop believing.

PhillyMagicFan

Thanks Raven, It also appears as though the spinner on the left has a smaller capacity. Which may be due to the added water-weight. Riders may have the choice of a dry, or slightly-wet flight. Pretty cool idea. I also recall some sort of fire element in the early concept art, which would lend itself to the squirting idea. I'm gonna go back and search for that patent and art. Keep us posted if you can dig anything up on this.

raven

Thanks Raven, It also appears as though the spinner on the left has a smaller capacity. Which may be due to the added water-weight. Riders may have the choice of a dry, or slightly-wet flight. Pretty cool idea. I also recall some sort of fire element in the early concept art, which would lend itself to the squirting idea. I'm gonna go back and search for that patent and art. Keep us posted if you can dig anything up on this.

Again, that's just the art. Both will be the same and are the same capacity. That was actually discussed earlier today on here.

RSoxNo1

so, what will happen to the snow white ride vehicles and the ride track,etc.

One belief was that the track would be covered (as it's not too high) and the floor of the Princess meet and greet would be above the track. Having said that, I can't imagine it would be too difficult to remove that track, and put it back several years down the road.

CTXRover

Here an AllEarsNet video of Eric Jacobson talking about the new mine train ride and Great Goofini coaster!
http://youtu.be/gbdw2mQlAAo
Thanks for the link! Those are some of the additional details I was hoping for. He seems so much more interested in talking about it when he isn't reading off a script :lol:

REALLY loving the sound of this ride. Plus, snow white and the old hag have been sort of confirmed to be in it, which I know will make some very happy. It also sounds like it will be a several minute experience..."all under 5 minutes" according to him, so probably won't be just a coaster experience then. Definetely sounds like a mix of dark ride and coaster as Lee and Raven have been suggesting...perfect addition to the FLE!

SSE

Too bad no one will be able to enjoy the new Fantasyland for long since everyone knows the world is going to end in 2012! :lookaroun

Rob562

The cars will be free-swinging through a pivot fixed to the wheel mechanism. The pivot will be at a central point on the front and rear of each vehicle allowing the car to swing out on the corners.

The best way to describe it for me would be like those old crib rockers like in this photo (although they won't protrude up as much):
imagesCAP4RGUL.jpg

One thing that popped into my mind today, if they wanted to have a bit more control over things, would be if they based the car designs on the Arrow (now S&S) 4D coaster idea.

But rather than seats sticking out from the side of the car's chassis and doing somersaults, you have the mine car on top of the chassis and it tilts as you go along the track and around corners. And because the tilt control is built into the ride track, you get the same tilt and swing in exactly the same place...

After all, the 4D coaster is essentially an Omnimover/roller-coaster hybrid.

-Rob

This all looks amazing! I am kind of sad to see SWSA go but I know that the princesses need a new home and I have always found it strange that the princess m&g was in Toontown.

Do we know which princesses are going to be in there?

I would guess that Cinderella and Aurora would be in there but doing what they say they are going to do seems to be a bit much for only two princesses.

I know that Belle's M&G is going to be in her village, Ariel's is going to be in her new Grotto, and my guess is that Snow White is going to have a m&g near the SDMC. I would asume they are going to keep Rapunzel where she is now and Tiana were see is.

So all that leaves for princesses is Jasmin........:veryconfu

TRONorail10

Okay, so the mine coaster concept art is more accurate. Basically, you'll enter a path near Pooh/Mrs. Potts to make your way to the indoor entrance/queue, allowing you to see the cottage but not actually pass by in front of it. Then the exit path will be more or less in the same area as the entrance, but go directly past the cottage and curve away from the entrance path toward the castle wall and BatB area.

Sound about right?

Mrs. Potts is now "Storybook Treats" as to not confuse it when the new Beauty and the Beast area opens. "Tortuga Tavern" is coming soon to Adventureland!!!! Thank you POTC:4!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom