New Fantasyland details/concept drawings!

baymenxpac

My guess is he's too busy talking about high-speed rail.

:rolleyes:

quite frankly, i just hope he nails his super bowl prediction in his signature. that's all i'm concerned about haha go jets!

back on topic, i have to say that i'm really, really encouraged by the latest plans. assuming tonight's event will indeed just be a formal announcement of what we've already learned, i think we're in for a really solid retooling of fantasyland.

docnabox

Does the new mine train attraction have a name yet? Haven't been able to scour the photos like most but I thought I saw on the one close-up of the new ride that the sign was sorta unintelligible.

Also, I hope nobody has asked this question but if they have, please excuse the repetition, I have been taking care of patients :)...

What's in the tents?? I have only set foor in TTF once and that was to see Minnie Moo many moons ago. I guess one is that store I keep hearing about, County Bounty....and the other??

Thanks to all the sources for their patience and insight through all of this and thanks to everyone on the forum for such an enhusiastic discussion over these past several months.

RSoxNo1

Does the new mine train attraction have a name yet? Haven't been able to scour the photos like most but I thought I saw on the one close-up of the new ride that the sign was sorta unintelligible.

Also, I hope nobody has asked this question but if they have, please excuse the repetition, I have been taking care of patients :)...

What's in the tents?? I have only set foor in TTF once and that was to see Minnie Moo many moons ago. I guess one is that store I keep hearing about, County Bounty....and the other??

Thanks to all the sources for their patience and insight through all of this and thanks to everyone on the forum for such an enhusiastic discussion over these past several months.

The Disney Parks blog refers to it as "The Seven Dwarves Mine Train". Until someone tells me otherwise, I assume that's the name.

CDavid

the Mine train that I am too chicken to ever ride

Someone correct me if I'm wrong or misunderstanding, but haven't we been told by those in the know (and thanks again for sharing!) that it will be even more tame than Barnstormer? I really hope that's accurate, because despite how great a development this is for the Magic Kingdom, I think you would need to be careful replacing an attraction (especially in Fantasyland) that absolutely anyone can ride with something that has any height requirement or otherwise even appears to be a "thrill ride".

dsnyfreak

:veryconfuso is snow white being moved or completely closed down? and, i may have no sense of direction but it looks like they are moving the dumbo ride somewhere else? or am I just blind?:hammer:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
:veryconfuso is snow white being moved or completely closed down? and, i may have no sense of direction but it looks like they are moving the dumbo ride somewhere else? or am I just blind?:hammer:

Snow White is being closed and turned into a meet and greet area. Dumbo is being moved over next to Barnstormer and a second spinner and interactive queue area are being added to it.

_Scar

dwa283454SMALL.jpg

Bridge with no railings of any kind? Bottle neck? Only a WDW fan would notice this, like me x.x hahah

It really, really looks gorgeous though!

raven

dwa283454SMALL.jpg

Bridge with no railings of any kind? Bottle neck? Only a WDW fan would notice this, like me x.x hahah

"Concept art." When it finaly comes to fruit you won't even be able to see the front of that cottage due to strollers. :lol:

fireworkz

I know this is concept art, so there are certain artistic liberties happening here, but anyone else notice the first two tents (the store and current princess/fairy M&G) look untouched save a new paint job, but Mickey's judges tent seems to have been replaced by a new more rectangular one.

Might not be a big deal, considering the train station seems to now only be a redress instead of a new building - my guess is this new rectangular tent is a simply a replacement for the washrooms at Pete's Garage ??

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Someone correct me if I'm wrong or misunderstanding, but haven't we been told by those in the know (and thanks again for sharing!) that it will be even more tame than Barnstormer? I really hope that's accurate, because despite how great a development this is for the Magic Kingdom, I think you would need to be careful replacing an attraction (especially in Fantasyland) that absolutely anyone can ride with something that has any height requirement or otherwise even appears to be a "thrill ride".

I'm not really worried about how tame it is vs. how LONG the ride is. I mean the Barnstormer is what, about 45 seconds?

ucanfly

any idea how big beasts castle will be? i dont see them making it big enough to rival cinderellas castle, but it is a castle so i wonder how big of a scale they'll go.

im worried it's going to be/look miniature if theyre building it on top of the cliffside and have to stay under the hight requirement to keep the red light off of it.

fireworkz

im worried it's going to be/look miniature if theyre building it on top of the cliffside and have to stay under the hight requirement to keep the red light off of it.

Think the Eiffle Tower at the France Pavilion... similar tricks will be used to make it look in the distance and tall, but really only a few yards away and really only one or one story or so extra on top of the main building.

hpyhnt 1000

I know this is concept art, so there are certain artistic liberties happening here, but anyone else notice the first two tents (the store and current princess/fairy M&G) look untouched save a new paint job, but Mickey's judges tent seems to have been replaced by a new more rectangular one.

Might not be a big deal, considering the train station seems to now only be a redress instead of a new building - my guess is this new rectangular tent is a simply a replacement for the washrooms at Pete's Garage ??

I noticed that as well, but keep in mind it is concept art so I wouldn't look at details too much. The big thing to take away is that it will be some kind of tent thing there.

And the railroad station, as confirmed by both raven and Lee, will be getting an extensive remodeling. They've said its much more than a redress.

CTXRover

I'd love to see a photo of the revised model now. Hopefully that we be released someday soon (hint, hint to anyone that may have it :) )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom