New entrance at DHS

doctornick

It was explained to me as a duel way tram road parallel bridge across World Drive next to BVD and above the backstage access road, passing behind the Amphitheatre and across the Crescent Lake canal, then turning to a new tram drop off at the current bus station area.

But I dare say decked parking on part of the current lot is preferable today.

If they are really going to re-route the road to the current parking, that makes it less likely that parking-across-World-Drive is even on the radar at this point. I would agree that deck parking is more likely that relocation entirely.

Though I think remediation of the preserved land and expanding the park southward (towards the current access road) is probably the easiest and most likely move if more land is desired, even if it has its own set of issues.

NemoRocks78

Seized
It was explained to me as a duel way tram road parallel bridge across World Drive next to BVD and above the backstage access road, passing behind the Amphitheatre and across the Crescent Lake canal, then turning to a new tram drop off at the current bus station area.

But I dare say decked parking on part of the current lot is preferable today.

Through the magic of iPad I give you a high tech, extremely detailed plan:

View attachment 28697
That's a brilliant idea. Tis a shame it'll likely never happen! But I'll certainly take a garage on part of the current lot instead - anything to get rid of those parking lots is fine by me!

djlaosc

Rumor suggests around Studios is that the hat is finally being removed, Beauty and the Beast theater is going to be covered (very special source), and some expansion of some sort. Just what I'm hearing all over right now.

If they are still going the B&TB = Tangled show route, covering the theater would allow them to hang lanterns from the roof...

WDW1974

Just an FYI, but the entrance being moved or not has nothing to do with expansion/makeover plans for the park.

They are two seperate projects that can both happen or one happen or neither happen ... or they can be done differently (to further muddy the wetlands). Right now, this is simply much ado about little.

jt04

Just an FYI, but the entrance being moved or not has nothing to do with expansion/makeover plans for the park.

They are two seperate projects that can both happen or one happen or neither happen ... or they can be done differently (to further muddy the wetlands). Right now, this is simply much ado about little.

Not what I have been hearing. :D

jt04

From who?

For one, Martin. Lots of rumblings elsewhere. Nothing specific and I still have my doubts about Carsland at DHS. But something seems to be percolating. Even Disney has posted they will announce something soon and then there is D23. Been almost 2 years since the last, believe it or not.

All the magical planets are in alignment in 2013.

matt9112

For one, Martin. Lots of rumblings elsewhere. Nothing specific and I still have my doubts about Carsland at DHS. But something seems to be percolating. Even Disney has posted they will announce something soon and then there is D23. Been almost 2 years since the last, believe it or not.

so i was right about that Death star?......potter swatter....how about planetary warfare!!!!!

jt04

so i was right about that Death star?......potter swatter....how about planetary warfare!!!!!

Well, Star Wars seems perfect and Iger has said stuff is in the works for the parks. He just has not said which parks. Star Wars may be several years from now though. Pixar seems more logical but anything Star Wars would also be popular.

Rob562

How far is it from the Disneyland main entrance to the parking garage? It is a few minute drive from the parking structure to the tram dropoff at DL/DCA/DTD. Is this farther?

The Disneyland tram route is just over 1/2 mile.

The route drawn my Martin would be about 1.3 miles.

For comparison at WDW, the tram route from the TTC to the farthest point on the western side of the lot is also just over 1/2 mile, and the farthest distance at AK is 0.4 miles.

-Rob

matt9112

some may think pixar is more logical and sure a clone of some DCA stuff will be cost effective however....c mon its star wars...it has been popular for....like ever? even kids these days have rooms filled with the crap. and than there's the hordes of grown ups...im not trying to dig up some build star wars...because i believe that's something Disney is not interested in right now....however as stated a million times on the forum its one of THE LARGEST franchises on earth.

on a side note i always here people claim "disney needs more thrills" and that "disney is so much better than uni they dont need thrills because its a diff type of park" to that i say F*** you i want both =) and if you don't think a coaster can be big and well themed have clearly never been on montu. nuff said....

TP2000

How far is it from the Disneyland main entrance to the parking garage? It is a few minute drive from the parking structure to the tram dropoff at DL/DCA/DTD. Is this farther?

It's about a 4 and a half minute ride each way, but that includes a minute or so of slow-speed parking/staging in the loading areas on each end of the route. This video shows it clocking in at 4:30, which includes a minute of slow speed takeoff and landing time at each end. The actual transit time from one loading area to the other is closer to 3:30.

And yes, it kills me that folks film this sort of stuff! :D

pjammer

They are seperate but you can bet that they relate to possible expansion. Management has been tracking for years how many cars they let in for free because the hotel plaza entrance is backed up to justify this need. But now they can piggyback money off of other projects to pay for the move.

The extra right and left hand turn lanes to get onto victory way are proof that this has always been a plan but further construction got halted. Likely due to correlate to possible future plans.

lazyboy97o

Why doesn't @marni1971 ever back up what you claim he is saying?

TP2000

The Disneyland tram route is just over 1/2 mile.

The route drawn my Martin would be about 1.3 miles.

For comparison at WDW, the tram route from the TTC to the farthest point on the western side of the lot is also just over 1/2 mile, and the farthest distance at AK is 0.4 miles.

-Rob

Thank you. I've never gotten the feeling the Disneyland parking tram ride is much longer than the WDW tram rides at Magic Kingdom or Epcot, and now I know why.

Using Martin's map of the potential DHS satellite parking setup, and using the 0.5 mile 3:30 trip time at Disneyland plus 1:00 for prep and slow landing at a particular loading zone, the new 1.3 mile DHS tram trip would take about 9:00 Minutes. I'm sure they could come up with something to keep folks entertained; like the video screens they have on the Universal backlot tram tour to fill in the dead spots?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom