New entrance at DHS

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
This has been discussed time over here with using the ACTUAL main entrance as the only entrance for parking. Which requires new ramps as 192 is the only way to currently access it now. Backups on World Drive I see are the larger issue... not so much because of park expansion.

doctornick

Isn't Screamscape like the Faux News of Disney info?

I think that's a bit harsh. Screamscape has a bad name around here, but what they basically do is compile every rumor they can and add some commentary. A lot of it is junk because there's a lot of unsourced incorrect stuff about Disney out there, but most things that are correct will also be on there among the noise.

Regarding this particular rumor, there's enough smoke that I think that at some point in the near future, the entrance for parking will change at DHS. Whether the old entrance road would be used for park expansion is a different question entirely.

cjk0318

Agreed, I wouldnt' be surprised if that's the route they take, but beyond that, they need to get more traffic going through the main entrance.
If I remember correctly, the parking garages at DTD are funded by the State of Florida, just like Disneyland's garage was provided by the State of California. So it's all about funding from the state to get a new garage anywhere at Disney.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If I remember correctly, the parking garages at DTD are funded by the State of Florida, just like Disneyland's garage was provided by the State of California. So it's all about funding from the state to get a new garage anywhere at Disney.
DTD parking garage is funded by the Reedy Creek Improvement District , not the State Of Florida.

RCID gets it's money from taxing Disney and taxing other businesses on Disney property. The money is not coming from the people of Florida.

surfsupdon

Agreed, I wouldnt' be surprised if that's the route they take, but beyond that, they need to get more traffic going through the main entrance.

Maybe to help out, Disney will run a promotion where if you drive through the main entrance, your receipt will entitle you to free admission at the Park. Or 10% off any counter service meal.

LOL

lazyboy97o

DTD parking garage is funded by the Reedy Creek Improvement District , not the State Of Florida.

RCID gets it's money from taxing Disney and taxing other businesses on Disney property. The money is not coming from the people of Florida.
Reedy Creek Improvement District does have access to state funding and has used it in the past. I don't know if they acquired any state funds for the parking decks, but it is something they could do.

matt9112

Reedy Creek Improvement District does have access to state funding and has used it in the past. I don't know if they acquired any state funds for the parking decks, but it is something they could do.

they may ask for partial state funding when it impacts state stuff.....highways directly for example and the same at the county level they have often gotten partial funding from the county/s for internal stuff they do have/had access to bonds like any other state municipality but that's not true state funding...unless your upset that your local public school did not get new classrooms because of disneyworld =)

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Jan 28. Not sure photos have been posted elsewhere. Not easy to visualize here, but the original post in this thread is pretty close. The new Hollywood Studios auto entrance is actually right at the intersection of Victory Way and Osceola Parkway. This photo is looking across Victory Way. A large section of trees has been removed from the northwest corner of the intersection, with a new road stretching into the distance in the center of this photo, curving to the right.

IMG_9121.JPG

The below photo is looking north from Osceola Parkway, with the new Hollywood Studios auto entrance in the center of the photo.

IMG_9128.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Photo update as of Saturday, Jan 28. Not sure photos have been posted elsewhere. Not easy to visualize here, but the original post in this thread is pretty close. The new Hollywood Studios auto entrance is actually right at the intersection of Victory Way and Osceola Parkway. This photo is looking across Victory Way. A large section of trees has been removed from the northwest corner of the intersection, with a new road stretching into the distance in the center of this photo, curving to the right.

View attachment 186681

The below photo is looking north from Osceola Parkway, with the new Hollywood Studios auto entrance in the center of the photo.

View attachment 186682

There is a thread in the DHS sub forum with the details on this...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/osceola-interchange-road-permits.913026/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom