New entrance at DHS

doctornick

That's interesting because I'm hearing quite strongly that Studios makeover will be a major talking point at D23's Expo/Social Media Lifestyler droolfest.

One would hope it would be.

Do you know if this potential entrance change has anything to do with immediate plans at DHS? Or is it just incidental.

WDW1974

One would hope it would be.

Do you know if this potential entrance change has anything to do with immediate plans at DHS? Or is it just incidental.

I know that Disney has had 'plans' to redo the entrance to Studios dating back at least 5-6 years, but I don't know anything as to whether it is finally happening or whether it is in conjunction with a makeover to the park or simply happening aside from it.

DABIGCHEEZ

If the entrance changes mean they are planning to expand, then I am hoping for something other than Carsland. They gotta stop puking up the same attractions on each coast. They can be more creative than that...make a Monstropolis or a Tatooine(StarWarsland).

Just do something different...PLEASE!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
According to the RCID comprehensive plan most of the land outside of the entrance road is consider unsuitable for construction. Here is the map from the plan, green is unsuitable, red suitable, yellow marginally suitable.

DHSArea.jpg

But we must remember this is a living document, always changing. They swap a swamp and create a new wet land swamp. Create a new habitat for the vulcher when they disturb another. Disney just did this with the GF DVC build and the DVC at the Contemporary. It isn't easy but Disney continues to pull it off.

HMF

I know that Disney has had 'plans' to redo the entrance to Studios dating back at least 5-6 years, but I don't know anything as to whether it is finally happening or whether it is in conjunction with a makeover to the park or simply happening aside from it.
In recent years it seems that "Plans" tend to take a decade or so to become realities and the realities are usually watered-down versions of what the "Plans" were.

Tom

Beta Return
But we must remember this is a living document, always changing. They swap a swamp and create a new wet land swamp. Create a new habitat for the vulcher when they disturb another. Disney just did this with the GF DVC build and the DVC at the Contemporary. It isn't easy but Disney continues to pull it off.

This was a very simple way to say the truth. Quite true...all of it.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
tha
In recent years it seems that "Plans" tend to take a decade or so to become realities and the realities are usually watered-down versions of what the "Plans" were.

Summed that up perfectly!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
They can't. It's illegal. They will have to either move World Drive or build access tunnels and/or bridges.
It is NOT illegal. They are the ones who decided what was suitable and what was not suitable. They can change their minds. They are their own government. You don't understand the power that RCID has over what can happen on their own property.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It is NOT illegal. They are the ones who decided what was suitable and what was not suitable. They can change their minds. They are their own government. You don't understand the power that RCID has over what can happen on their own property.

Correct, the plan shows where they would prefer and where it would be easiest to expand, but they are not locked into that.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member

Just remember that Disney built in Florida over other locations because they where given the right to to have their own government, RCID. If Disney wants to move a wetland, Disney will move the wetland. They have done it before and will do it again. Expansion of any park brings with it hundreds, if not thousands of jobs, and the State of Florida will support RCID it order to get those jobs.

muteki

Cars Land just happens to fit in the backstage tour perfectly. Just sayin'.

It fits, but without a lot of margin. Moving the entrance would give ample amount of breathing room. They probably want a little more buffer from world drive and the entrance. Don't want to be covering up the backside of that show building with cardboard canyons too ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom