New Details Emerge on Art of Animation Hotel (2012)

Mr.EPCOT

So, after they complete the AoA resort when will they start the redo of Pop? Have you heard anything on this Raven? If you can't say thats cool.

I mean they really can't keep Pop Century the way it is if they have only 5 of the 10 decades needed to keep the name Century in the title. Or will they just redo the resort by adding the other 5 decades in the same space?

I envision one of two things eventually happening to Pop: renaming it Pop Decades, or retheming it to Animation. I think I'd prefer the latter. With any luck, this might coincide with the Roger Rabbit sequel, and they could redo the entire 80s/90s section that way (40-foot tall Jessica Rabbit, anyone? :D). Actually, thinking about it, they could do a Toontown theme on those buildings and move the big Mickey phone over there. I'd also like to see Incredibles buildings somewhere.

mightynine

I mean they really can't keep Pop Century the way it is if they have only 5 of the 10 decades needed to keep the name Century in the title.

Why not? They've managed to do so since the place opened, and I'd wager the average guest doesn't even notice any difference.

Not saying they shouldn't make any changes, but I could understand why they wouldn't.

Tigger1988

Why not? They've managed to do so since the place opened, and I'd wager the average guest doesn't even notice any difference.

Not saying they shouldn't make any changes, but I could understand why they wouldn't.

Yup, most guests won't notice or care all that much about the missing decades. I can't see Disney tripping over themselves to spend money retheming POP while it's still successful and bringing in money.

Could it happen in the future? Of course. Will it happen soon? Doubtful.

Disney_Geek

I can't wait to see more concept art for this resort! ^^ I'm especially looking forward to concept art or, better yet, pictures of the Lion King part of the resort! Huzzah! The Lion King is finally getting the recognition it deserves. :D

JEANYLASER

I envision one of two things eventually happening to Pop: renaming it Pop Decades, or retheming it to Animation. I think I'd prefer the latter. With any luck, this might coincide with the Roger Rabbit sequel, and they could redo the entire 80s/90s section that way (40-foot tall Jessica Rabbit, anyone? :D). Actually, thinking about it, they could do a Toontown theme on those buildings and move the big Mickey phone over there. I'd also like to see Incredibles buildings somewhere.
yeah! I'd also like to see The Incredibles buildings somewhere too!

hosewater

When people check in they ask, "What Century am I going to be in?"
I always respond with a long hard look at the computer screen, a quick poke around the map and then with a very dry, or sometimes overexcited like they just won the lottery, say "the 20th".
Cracks me up every time.
Usually takes them a minute...

jmuboy

So, after they complete the AoA resort when will they start the redo of Pop? Have you heard anything on this Raven? If you can't say thats cool.

I mean they really can't keep Pop Century the way it is if they have only 5 of the 10 decades needed to keep the name Century in the title. Or will they just redo the resort by adding the other 5 decades in the same space?

I prefer they just leave Pop Century as is.

I agree with the above. They don't need to redo Pop Century at all. The name still works. It's still a celebration of pop culture in the 20th Century even without the earlier decades.

Spike-in-Berlin

ChrisM:

I've stayed at resorts from the delux, moderate and value categories and I have to say that I LOVE the value resorts. First of all the food court at Pop is WAY better than at Poly. I've never had a problem with anything at the value resorts, guest services went above and beyond, they even got my airline tickets/seats without me having to ask. I've never had to wait for a bus longer than 15 minutes from any of the parks to get back to Pop. I also like the fact that the sink/mirror are outside of the actual bathroom, it makes getting ready easier for the two of us. I would much rather spend money on a longer stay than the room that i'm in for 6 hours a day to sleep.

Very good. The noise level of the air conditioning is one of the aspects I take into account when I rate a hotel. We stayed at the Pop and then at the Poly. Compare the room rates. The Polynesian had the noisiest AC I ever experienced in any Disney Resort! Actually the AC was at Comfort or Days Inn standard concerning the noise level. Where did we have the best AC of our entire trip? At the Pop! We stayed at the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach during the last days of our Florida vacation and the AC there was even noisier than the one in the Poly! It's absolute BS that the values are inferior in every single aspect and that's NOT a personal opinion but an empirically proven fact.

googilycub

Very good. The noise level of the air conditioning is one of the aspects I take into account when I rate a hotel. We stayed at the Pop and then at the Poly. Compare the room rates. The Polynesian had the noisiest AC I ever experienced in any Disney Resort! Actually the AC was at Comfort or Days Inn standard concerning the noise level. Where did we have the best AC of our entire trip? At the Pop! We stayed at the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach during the last days of our Florida vacation and the AC there was even noisier than the one in the Poly! It's absolute BS that the values are inferior in every single aspect and that's NOT a personal opinion but an empirically proven fact.

Proven fact? No not quite. It all boils down to what someone LIKES.

darthokeefe

I like exterior hallways makes me feel like Im in the middle of it all...Interior halways are usually long and confusing as they all look the same...i think people who dont like exterior hallways are in some cases a tad snobbish and feel that a Motel is below them...Its about whats in the room that counts not how you get into it

_Scar

People I've talked to LOVE Pop Century because it celebrates the good ole' days and it brings nostalgia. TDO would be foolish to change something that works so well and brings in their precious money.

preludevtec01

I think the new art work looks great and can't wait to see the ones that aren't made public yet.

About POP century, I think they should just shorten the name to just POP or POP Culture. All that would need to be done is a few sign changes. Just throwing that out there. :)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think the new art work looks great and can't wait to see the ones that aren't made public yet.

About POP century, I think they should just shorten the name to just POP or POP Culture. All that would need to be done is a few sign changes. Just throwing that out there. :)

How could changing the name from Pop Century to Pop Culture be considered a shortening of the name when it's the same amount of letters?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom