New Details Emerge on Art of Animation Hotel (2012)

jhastings74

Just to throw my two cents in here, I would guess that they are not going to go with an interior hallway, at least on the building that's in the concept art. There appears to be only a small window for each room (possibly two windows for each room, but doubtful) facing out into the water play area. If that was the view from the room and the only other view was out to an indoor hallway, I'd say that would NOT be very appealing...:shrug:

Magenta Panther

Did I miss when Little Mermaid, Nemo and Cars came out in the 90s? Seems like a nice mix of animation from the last 20 or so years.

Walk over to Pop Century if you need to see "Walt's movies" displayed with huge figurines. Jungle Book and Lady & the Tramp are over there. Or better yet, go to the Fantasia building at AS Movies...

You're right, I erred; I meant the more recent animated films.

I've been to the Pop Century, and I recall the giant Mickey Mouse phone, but I don't recall seeing Jungle Book or Lady and the Tramp there. Were you referring to the All-Star Movies resort?

trr1

I am excited about the new resort. I know they are calling them value, but does anyone have any ideas on the price for the suites?
At the ASM(all stars music) as of now
the family suites are prices as follows

value season
sunday thru thursday $190
friday and saturday $210

regular season
sunday thru thursday $235
friday and saturday $255

summer season
sunday thru thursday $275
friday and saturday $305

peak season
sunday thru thursday $290
friday and saturday $320

Holiday Season(week befor christmas)
$315
Holiday Season(christmas thru new years)
$355

raven

This concept art is only one of a group that have been produced. Some of them show exterior rooms as well. Also, remember this the concept of this resort is the "art" of animation, not simply animated Disney movies. There will be elements of the animation process everywhere. Some things may be simply black & white drawings or sketches. Perhaps even a paint department.

trr1

This concept art is only one of a group that have been produced. Some of them show exterior rooms as well. Also, remember this the concept of this resort is the "art" of animation, not simply animated Disney movies. There will be elements of the animation process everywhere. Some things may be simply black & white drawings or sketches. Perhaps even a paint department.
can you post the other concept art in the group if you have them please ?

Cosmic Commando

You're right, I erred; I meant the more recent animated films.

I've been to the Pop Century, and I recall the giant Mickey Mouse phone, but I don't recall seeing Jungle Book or Lady and the Tramp there. Were you referring to the All-Star Movies resort?
Baloo is the figure for a building in the 60's; Lady and the Tramp each have a building in the 50's.

IWant2GoNow

I know I'm a little bit late to this thread (been trying to hunt down those lost plans for the R2-D2 phone) but I think from the art everything looks great and I can't wait to see the concept art on the other resorts also.

Although it looks like they are sticking with the old layout of the other value resorts (two weenies in the center of each building with a whimsical courtyard theme *and pool most likely*) the interior hallways, if that's the case, would be new and welcomed by some guests. I personally always liked waking up opening the door and BOOM fresh air.

Definitely hope to be able to reserve one of these newer resorts for our trip in 2013.

DisneyWall-E

So, after they complete the AoA resort when will they start the redo of Pop? Have you heard anything on this Raven? If you can't say thats cool.

I mean they really can't keep Pop Century the way it is if they have only 5 of the 10 decades needed to keep the name Century in the title. Or will they just redo the resort by adding the other 5 decades in the same space?

_Scar

I'm very glad to finally see Lion King on property where it shines to be the fun animated movie that was the favorites of many young people and, now, young adults.

Would have loved to of seen a Walt era film though, but we got really great films still IMO

I wonder if this will be where the 'Royal' Rooms will be like in the concept art...... seems fitting....

Also, Haunted Mansion rooms for Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend mansions? Sounds good to me.

Like what IWant2GoNow said earlier, I also prefer being able to just open my room door and be outside. I like outside hallways over inside ones. I also like being able to walk along the outside hallways on the top floors at Pop to get the Illuminations view.

Without the outside halls and the decorations on the building, the Nemo building in the concept art looks pretty flat like an office building with nice paint.

raven

The Little Mermaid section will have a large King Triton as the central figure. The Lion King section will have a large statue of Pumba and Simba walking over the log from the age transformation scene. Cars will look like Radiator Springs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom