New Details Emerge on Art of Animation Hotel (2012)

ChrisM

Could I ask a question....I would just like to know where you are coming from, but why do you feel that the Value Resorts are of inferior quality? I have stayed at the POP and also stayed at POFQ. They are 2 totally different atmospheres. If I want an atmosphere that is quiet and "grown up":lol: I would stay at the POFQ. If I want to just be a kid again, I would stay at POP. My DH loves the CR, but if the choice was given to me, I would pick POP over the CR....just for the atmosphere. Thats my opinion if you can understand where I am coming from.:wave:

The rooms are tiny, the materials of low quality, and the amenities (food, transportation, guest services) are lacking. I also find the theming and decoration, for the most part, to be an assault on the senses.

I fully understand that all of my issues with the Value resorts are either of no concern to other guests, or are even an active part of their appeal.

For the record, I love Port Orleans French Quarter.

peter11435

The rooms are tiny, the materials of low quality, and the amenities (food, transportation, guest services) are lacking. I also find the theming and decoration, for the most part, to be an assault on the senses.

I fully understand that all of my issues with the Value resorts are either of no concern to other guests, or are even an active part of their appeal.

For the record, I love Port Orleans French Quarter.
I would argue that the food at Pop is far better than the food at POFQ...

dvitali

How much trust would you place in Google maps? I just google the Pop Century Area and saw that where there was only two building completed and foundation for two more dug, and the land for the other six building that was clear were all in the T-shaped like the other side. This suggest to me that it will be exterior hallway. Disney is going to try to build eight buildings in two year for four theme area. Landscape some of it, build four pools (I notice that the concept art have a nemo water fountain instead of a pool). I hope this all going to be build in stages.

Here is a Fun question to ask everybody oppion about,
What theme do you think will be near the Main building / Food Court and which theme will be the Far away from the Main building?

ryanduggers

Am I supposed to feel chastened by your knee jerk reaction?

I think the Value resorts are rubbish. Apparently, you don't. I'm sorry if our difference of opinion causes you some sort of existential crisis and apparently brings out some misplaced feelings of inadequacy, but I hardly think I'm the appropriate target for you to rail against the inherent inequities of life.

There are people who only go because they can only afford a value.

My family stays at Riverside because I work hard. You can't tell where someone stays when you are in the parks.

Where did you learn about an "existential crisis"

I didn't know they taught that in middle school? Go back to your homework.

Tinkerbell 8

ChrisM:

I've stayed at resorts from the delux, moderate and value categories and I have to say that I LOVE the value resorts. First of all the food court at Pop is WAY better than at Poly. I've never had a problem with anything at the value resorts, guest services went above and beyond, they even got my airline tickets/seats without me having to ask. I've never had to wait for a bus longer than 15 minutes from any of the parks to get back to Pop. I also like the fact that the sink/mirror are outside of the actual bathroom, it makes getting ready easier for the two of us. I would much rather spend money on a longer stay than the room that i'm in for 6 hours a day to sleep.

ryanduggers

ChrisM:

I've stayed at resorts from the delux, moderate and value categories and I have to say that I LOVE the value resorts. First of all the food court at Pop is WAY better than at Poly. I've never had a problem with anything at the value resorts, guest services went above and beyond, they even got my airline tickets/seats without me having to ask. I've never had to wait for a bus longer than 15 minutes from any of the parks to get back to Pop. I also like the fact that the sink/mirror are outside of the actual bathroom, it makes getting ready easier for the two of us. I would much rather spend money on a longer stay than the room that i'm in for 6 hours a day to sleep.

Well said.

inluvwithbeast

Guys, he's not trying to bash you. He just thinks that the Value resorts are poor quality. You all are entitled to your opinion. And arguing with him is most likely NOT going to change his opinion. He's drawn it from his own experience with the place. He's not saying you all are idiots for staying at Value resorts or even liking the Value resorts. He understands that there are many different opinions. Don't get offended. He's not calling you ghetto.

Here's his own words. You can find it yourself on the second page.

Relax, relax.

This has nothing to do with how much money anyone makes or anyone considering themselves "better" than anyone else.

I hate the Value resorts and think they're of an inferior quality in every way. Frankly, I'd rather stay offsite at a Motel 6. Hence, I disparage them at every opportunity and get a brief chuckle at referring to them as Disney's ghetto resorts. No animus should be extended to the guests of those resorts or those that love them. To each their own.

Tigger1988

Geez, you'd think only positive opinions of the value resorts are allowed. I stayed at AS Sports once and had a horrible experience, wouldn't do it again even if I were given a free room. Sorry. :shrug:

inluvwithbeast

Yeah, my experience at POR vs. AS Movies, I much preferred POR. The atmosphere was wonderful. BUT, I am excited about this new resort and am anxious to see how it turns out. I'd like to see them use room decor that doesn't look like those bedroom sets for 5 year olds from Walmart. (Like the Lion King and Barney ones I had so many years ago lol)

ChrisM

There are people who only go because they can only afford a value.

My family stays at Riverside because I work hard. You can't tell where someone stays when you are in the parks.

Where did you learn about an "existential crisis"

I didn't know they taught that in middle school? Go back to your homework.

Oh, how I would love to relive those care free days of my misspent youth. I'm close to a decade and half removed from my collegiate days and I'm still periodically haunted by that nightmare that it's the end of the semester and I just realized I never attended a class I registered for. Man, I hate that dream.

At any rate, Ryan, if you love the Value resorts please keep loving them. As for me, I think they stink.

DisneyWall-E

I have stayed at all the resort levels, and I have to say I enjoy them all in there own ways. Sure its nice to stay at a delux and have all the bells and whistles but I also like the over the top themeing of the values due to the kid in me. And I understand where ChrisM is comming from. The values for him are not worth the price "he" pays when you can get larger rooms off-site for the same or cheaper price. For me the "magic" that is added in a Disney value resort is worth the premium price "I" pay.

New2WDW

OH! I have never stayed at the All Stars and I have'nt resort hopped either.:lol: I did'nt know that there was a Toy Story theme over there lol!!!! I will have to look this up. See if I can find some pics :wave:

Yes, Movies had Dalmations, Mighty Ducks, Toy Story, Fantasia and The Love Bug! Our first stay was at Movies in 2003 and our kids loved it just as much as we did. The construction type is not inferior to other resorts it is just that the decor is more over bearing due to the esthetics and design. The quality of finishes is not high like the other resorts but we love it for what it is to us! These Resorts are a great photo op for any family!

Krack

ar349092SMALL.jpg

I've never seen the film, but is Pinky (the ghost from Pac-Man) in Finding Nemo?

mickey2008.1

ok, you can bicker all night, its a new resort for more guests regardless if its for the "gheto" or those who just dont spend much time in there room, the point is there is a new resort coming. all i want to know is how many existing buildings are being used and how many are being added. The concept art does not show rooms conclusively, it could just be the main lobby. I thought all of the legendary years was built, just not finished. Anyone have any insight as to what is going on?

inluvwithbeast

ok, you can bicker all night, its a new resort for more guests regardless if its for the "gheto" or those who just dont spend much time in there room, the point is there is a new resort coming. all i want to know is how many existing buildings are being used and how many are being added. The concept art does not show rooms conclusively, it could just be the main lobby. I thought all of the legendary years was built, just not finished. Anyone have any insight as to what is going on?

I thought only 2 buildings were built? Well, shell of a building..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom