New Details Emerge on Art of Animation Hotel (2012)

trr1

I didn't suggest that they'd do the same thing as Music.

A 3rd room (i.e. 2-Bedroom Suite) is definitely a possibility, but again, it would set yet another new definition for Disney.
they do have a 2 bedroom 3 room suite at DWL here is a drawing of one
cropped-wl-2-bed.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
they do have a 2 bedroom 3 room suite at DWL here is a drawing of one
cropped-wl-2-bed.jpg

I'm well aware of the accommodations available at other resorts.

What I meant is that they already have something called a Family Suite at an All-Star Resort, which comes with a certain set of amenities and features.

They'll either have to come up with a new term for these suites (if they're different than Music's significantly), or re-name Music's to something else. They don't allow themselves to have one "term" mean two different things.

Just like the recent name change to the Villa Studios at some of the DVC resorts. I don't have the specifics in front of me, but they removed a word (I'm thinking "Deluxe") from some of the Studios because whatever term it was implied that those rooms had the same features or amenities as another Studio type of room.

trr1

I'm well aware of the accommodations available at other resorts.

What I meant is that they already have something called a Family Suite at an All-Star Resort, which comes with a certain set of amenities and features.

They'll either have to come up with a new term for these suites (if they're different than Music's significantly), or re-name Music's to something else. They don't allow themselves to have one "term" mean two different things.

Just like the recent name change to the Villa Studios at some of the DVC resorts. I don't have the specifics in front of me, but they removed a word (I'm thinking "Deluxe") from some of the Studios because whatever term it was implied that those rooms had the same features or amenities as another Studio type of room.
sorry I misunderstood your post

trr1

thank you and yes I know that the floorplans that I posted are not for the AA ressort. I was just showing examples of other Suites that are on Disney property thats all:eek:

Tom

Beta Return
thank you and yes I know that the floorplans that I posted are not for the AA ressort. I was just showing examples of other Suites that are on Disney property thats all:eek:

I know that....others apparently didn't catch on quite as quickly :p

G00fyDad

What I meant was that Disney has announced that there will be three separate sleeping areas. That alone would make it much larger. And I thought the current Music Suites only had one bathroom. I thought they converted the other bathroom into a kitchenette.

raven

Has anyone realized the one main problem with the Art of Animation Resort? It is supposed to be comprised mostly of family suites. Don't get me wrong, I am happy to see another resort on Disney property, but i think there are going to be a lot of long term problems for Disney with this resort. First the facts, the hotel is opening around the same time as the Fantasyland Expansion. Fantasyland will create an increase in attendence at the parks for a while, which in turn means there *may* be a need for more hotel rooms. I think Disney is building the resort for more economic reasons, because I feel I am safe to assume that a lot of families who frequented deluxe resorts are now scaling back to moderates and values in order to save money. My main problem is the fact that Disney is not building a moderate family suite resort, but a value family suite resort. Disney's resorts are already priced well out of the hotel market for central florida, so even a value resort isn't really a value. If they are building family suites, then a suite is more likely going to be more expensive than a regular hotel room. Judging by the huge pricing gap between suites/villas and regular rooms at Disney, I cannot contemplate how these rooms are going to be any sort of value to the guests. I feel like a lot of people are going to be dooped into thinking they are gonna get a deal for these rooms and wind up still spending an arm and a leg for a one bedroom suite at a lackluster resort. At the same time, Disney's deluxes are already hurting from the economy, and the Art of Animation Resort is going to hurt them even more by drawing away guests that would have otherwise coughed up more money for the suite at the deluxe. I know most people on these boards are excited about the theme of the resort, but the bottom line is that it is themed off of movies, just like the All-Star Movie Resort. I really think they could have done something different, i know the imagineers probably have drawers full of hotel ideas for all price levels.

Some families don't care about the highest quality or spaciousness of their room. For some it's about the look and feel of the resort, about what their children like, about being immersed neck deep in the Disney movies and animation. This is the "value" of the resort and nothing can compare to that.

Tom

Beta Return
What I meant was that Disney has announced that there will be three separate sleeping areas. That alone would make it much larger. And I thought the current Music Suites only had one bathroom. I thought they converted the other bathroom into a kitchenette.

They do indeed have two bathrooms per suite. What they did was knock an opening in the wall between two rooms sharing an entry alcove. Then they built a wall across one room to create a MBR, and left a little space between that wall and the restroom in that room, which is where they set up a tiny kitchenette.

Considering what they had to work with, it was a great concept. Hopefully they add some square feet to the AA suites.

mhaftman7

Some families don't care about the highest quality or spaciousness of their room. For some it's about the look and feel of the resort, about what their children like, about being immersed neck deep in the Disney movies and animation. This is the "value" of the resort and nothing can compare to that.

I agree 100%. When I was younger and without kids, I wanted to stay at the Beach Club or wherever because it was supposed to be really nice. Once I had to worry about bringing kids along. It was more about having a place to rest your head and having the most magical experiences in the parks as possible.

I'd rather stay at more dollar friendly Disney resort and be able to give my kids what they want, than have to cut corners to stay at a "deluxe" resort. I mean in the three trips I've taken my kids on to WDW, we have spent maybe a grand total of 100 hours in the rooms. The kids are too excited to sleep and basically pass out on the bus ride back to the resort at night. I may want to stay at a Deluxe for a special occasion like an anniversary or something, but if AA is as cheap as it is supposed to be and looks nice too, sign me up!

G00fyDad

I'd rather stay at more dollar friendly Disney resort and be able to give my kids what they want, than have to cut corners to stay at a "deluxe" resort. I mean in the three trips I've taken my kids on to WDW, we have spent maybe a grand total of 100 hours in the rooms. The kids are too excited to sleep and basically pass out on the bus ride back to the resort at night.

I have a friend who when he and his wife go to WDW they always stay at a Deluxe just to be able to say they stay at a Deluxe. LOL They truly only spend time in the resort to sleep. What a waste. They could stay in a Value and have the same experience.

Like I always say, all the resorts look the same when your eyes are closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom