New Details Emerge on Art of Animation Hotel (2012)

Pioneer Hall

Hmmm...yeah. Well...it'd be kind of nice if at least one of the complexes reflected one of Walt's movies, like Pinocchio or Fantasia. All of the complexes reflect only the 90's films. Kind of disappointing.

I would wait until the Pop side gets redone (it's my story and I'm sticking with it). They already have Jungle Book and Lady and the Tramp in place which can lead to some different theme ideas. I also think that the other side of the resort is where you might see you princess themed rooms. My guess would be turing the current 80's/90's sections into a princess area and putting a whole lot of sellable princess themed rooms there for a premium.

slappy magoo

Last year at GF I left my kids with my husband, all 3 practically asleep, and went to put in a load of laundry. As I got out of the elevator on my way back to the room, I could hear that somebody's kids were really, really loud. Really hootin' and hollerin' and laughing it up. As I walked towards my room, the sound was just getting louder. And louder. To my horror it was my own family, who had discovered that America's Funniest Videos was on TV at 11 at night. I heard them from the elevator, and the room was down a long hallway AT LEAST 50 feet away. Doesn't say too much for the soundproofing!

That's because Disney isn't really worried about soundproofing the rooms so much as saving money on insulation.

The resorts with exterior doors for the rooms, as opposed to interior hallways, use extra insulation on the doors to keep more of the air conditioning in. Not as big of a deal with an interior hallway. But that extra insulation does, to a degree, help with keeping some noise out. It's not "soundproof" by any stretch of the imagination. But between that extra insulation, and the fact that noise outside dissipates in every direction whereas a noise in a hall will reverberate on the walls and seem louder to anyone in the hall, the resorts without interior hallways do a little better in terms of keeping outside noise out.

I wouldn't be surprised if the final look of the resort is similar to the other values/mods/Saratoga Springs and has exterior entrances for each room. But if the resort does indeed wind up with interior hallways, I'm going to figure it has more to do with keeping Air Conditioning costs down than anything else - spending the money on the hallways may save money in the long run. But if they have interior hallways, I'd expect the doors to have little-to-no insulation, and noise will be more of an issue. Here's hoping I'm wrong. Here's hoping Disney is really starting to consider the comfort of all of their guests, even the ones that can't afford the top end resorts (which, from the sound of it, has a lot of sound to it anyway :D ).

ryanduggers

I applaud Disney for making their ghetto resorts very colorful.

that is a pretty elitist opinion. What day and age are you living in? :dazzle:

I think that offering rooms that can handle 6 people will make it popular.
If the rest of the resort is as good as this artwork shows, it will be a big hit.:sohappy:

DocMcHulk

I didn't say interior hallways were godsend. I was just saying that an interior hallway would be more beneficial than the current layout that they have for Moderates and Values. Clearly Disney doesn't have an issue with interior hallways, every Deluxe uses that setup.

Sound is an issue in every hotel set-up, its a given when so many people are residing in one place. In the end it comes down to how respectful people are for their fellow guests.

I hope the artwork was accurate in this aspect. For the reasons I stated above, interior hallways are more beneficial than exterior hallways.
My wife HATES rooms with exterior doors. When we travel, it's all interior hallways.

mrbghd

The whole interior corridor thing got me thinking. If you want that, why not pay more to stay at a hotel that has them. Exterior room entrances are part of what makes the value resorts value resorts. If they start buulding interior corridors then the resorts would most likely cost more than the typical value. Then the value people would be all upset.

urbinekl

funny! :lol: the other guys post i mean.

But someone did bring up a good point about interior hallways in a Value Resort in the other thread. It might end up causing a noise problem being that the Value resorts see a significant more young kid and school/tourist groups than the resorts that do have interior hallways. I'm not sure if I would want to stay here if a Brazilian Tour group was staying in if we were in the same building.

Though what we don't know is if the entire resort will have interior hallways, or if it would just be the family suites. We also do not know if it will be priced the same as the others.

All of that being said, value resorts are just not my cup of tea. I probably won't be staying here.

as someone who has a best friend who is a cm I wouldent stay at any resort while said Brazilian tour groups are in the kingdome

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
One possibility that might not have be discussed is one central unconditioned hallway. Basically it is the same set up as an interior hallway building minus the doors, carpet and climate control.

ChrisM

that is a pretty elitist opinion. What day and age are you living in? :dazzle:

Am I supposed to feel chastened by your knee jerk reaction?

I think the Value resorts are rubbish. Apparently, you don't. I'm sorry if our difference of opinion causes you some sort of existential crisis and apparently brings out some misplaced feelings of inadequacy, but I hardly think I'm the appropriate target for you to rail against the inherent inequities of life.

inluvwithbeast

Am I supposed to feel chastened by your knee jerk reaction?

I think the Value resorts are rubbish. Apparently, you don't. I'm sorry if our difference of opinion causes you some sort of existential crisis and apparently brings out some misplaced feelings of inadequacy, but I hardly think I'm the appropriate target for you to rail against the inherent inequities of life.

I don't think he read your explanation.

Daannzzz

I read somewhere that the regular rooms would be in the currently unfinished building with exterior corridors while the suites will all be in new buildings with interior corridors.

I agree with phonedave. These seem to be minimalistic stucco buildings with some colorful paint jobs with less giant plastic stuff than at the All Stars or Pop.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
One possibility that might not have be discussed is one central unconditioned hallway. Basically it is the same set up as an interior hallway building minus the doors, carpet and climate control.
Now that makes a lot of sense for a value resort so it wouldn't compete with a deluxe. The corridor would be in an "interior" location but would be concrete floors and walls with some lighting and that's it...

DisneyRunner

I was also wondering about the use of the existing buildings and hallways? Would a retro fit be done to these? As Master Yoda has stated in regards to the unconditioned hallway, are you talking about someting similar to the Premium Outlet mall near Disney? If so, I am familiar with a number of malls having this design. I doubt Disney would have some buildings with interior enterance and others without. Then again Disney may be able to magically pull that look off. Anyway, my husband prefers exterior entrance to rooms at Disney. This way a person doesn't have to schlep all the pool toys through the hallways. :ROFLOL:

PhilharMagician

Possible but I would think doubtful. The opposing room layout is a pretty efficient layout from not only a construction standpoint but from an operational one as well. I have been involved in quite a few hotel and resort projects ranging from Holiday Inn's to high dollar resorts and all used an opposing room design.

If they did in fact put the exterior access on the other side only and had a liear design of the rooms they could mirror rooms so that a utility chase could be shared between 2 rooms and multiple floors. This is the typical layout for interior access hallway design hotels except the rooms would be longer with exterior access. I know it would not be as efficient as opposing rooms like a typical motel design bldg where a small utility access corridor between rooms could give access to plumbing easily. Of course this all depends on wet wall location.

I personally do not see this having interior access hallways. Interior access requires A/C or heat and needs housekeeping. This just does not make sense for a value resort since it is not even done in a moderate class resort.

The only other option would be that they doors and walkways were not shown in the rendering. I just don't think that they would have been left out just to make a pretty picture.

I does look like a well themed and colorful resort.

Cindy'sBruno

Relax, relax.

This has nothing to do with how much money anyone makes or anyone considering themselves "better" than anyone else.

I hate the Value resorts and think they're of an inferior quality in every way. Frankly, I'd rather stay offsite at a Motel 6. Hence, I disparage them at every opportunity and get a brief chuckle at referring to them as Disney's ghetto resorts. No animus should be extended to the guests of those resorts or those that love them. To each their own.

Could I ask a question....I would just like to know where you are coming from, but why do you feel that the Value Resorts are of inferior quality? I have stayed at the POP and also stayed at POFQ. They are 2 totally different atmospheres. If I want an atmosphere that is quiet and "grown up":lol: I would stay at the POFQ. If I want to just be a kid again, I would stay at POP. My DH loves the CR, but if the choice was given to me, I would pick POP over the CR....just for the atmosphere. Thats my opinion if you can understand where I am coming from.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom