New Details Emerge on Art of Animation Hotel (2012)

Magenta Panther

Hmmm...yeah. Well...it'd be kind of nice if at least one of the complexes reflected one of Walt's movies, like Pinocchio or Fantasia. All of the complexes reflect only the 90's films. Kind of disappointing.

devoy1701

Hmmm...yeah. Well...it'd be kind of nice if at least one of the complexes reflected one of Walt's movies, like Pinocchio or Fantasia. All of the complexes reflect only the 90's films. Kind of disappointing.

I was thinking that too. Snow White, Bambi, Pinocchio, Fantasia, Jungle Book???

ChrisM

Is it safe to assume that you make a lot of money and consider yourself better than those whom might choose to stay at a "ghetto" resort?

Relax, relax.

This has nothing to do with how much money anyone makes or anyone considering themselves "better" than anyone else.

I hate the Value resorts and think they're of an inferior quality in every way. Frankly, I'd rather stay offsite at a Motel 6. Hence, I disparage them at every opportunity and get a brief chuckle at referring to them as Disney's ghetto resorts. No animus should be extended to the guests of those resorts or those that love them. To each their own.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
maybe the exterior hallways are on the other side of the building and the suites are running straight thru?
Possible but I would think doubtful. The opposing room layout is a pretty efficient layout from not only a construction standpoint but from an operational one as well. I have been involved in quite a few hotel and resort projects ranging from Holiday Inn's to high dollar resorts and all used an opposing room design.

Tigger1988

Did I miss when Little Mermaid, Nemo and Cars came out in the 90s? Seems like a nice mix of animation from the last 20 or so years.

Walk over to Pop Century if you need to see "Walt's movies" displayed with huge figurines. Jungle Book and Lady & the Tramp are over there. Or better yet, go to the Fantasia building at AS Movies...

New2WDW

This is looking very promising! Can't wait to see what the final construction looks like.

Keep in mind what the fine print states at the bottom of the webpage....

"*Artist renderings show concepts only. Final design is subject to change."

Always covering themselves. :lol:

NYwdwfan

If they went with interior hallways, they could just go nuts with soundproofing them, for the value resorts "different" clientele. However, I don't see Disney investing that kind of $$$ into a value resort. I'm well aware of the prevelance of tour groups at the travel resorts and I understand their volume level is different from the guests at GF. Don't say though that exterior hallways are the only solution to the problem. I don't hear many Contemporary guests complain about the large amount noise generated by Chef Mickey's in the lobby. There are ways of making it work. The question is if WDW would want to bother with it.

Last year at GF I left my kids with my husband, all 3 practically asleep, and went to put in a load of laundry. As I got out of the elevator on my way back to the room, I could hear that somebody's kids were really, really loud. Really hootin' and hollerin' and laughing it up. As I walked towards my room, the sound was just getting louder. And louder. To my horror it was my own family, who had discovered that America's Funniest Videos was on TV at 11 at night. I heard them from the elevator, and the room was down a long hallway AT LEAST 50 feet away. Doesn't say too much for the soundproofing!

Phonedave

I am not a big fan of the "lets make it a giant flat building, and then paint a giant picture on it" mode of decoration.

I would rather see architectural details define the theme. But then that sort of themeing costs more money, and they are value resorts.

I guess for the budget they have to operate under, they did do a nice job.

-dave

Evil Genius

I'm just glad they are developing the family suites concept more. We're a family of six and generally we either have to get two rooms or look at a pricer resort. The suites fit us perfectly!

Cindy'sBruno

I believe it is probably because their is already a Toy Story theme over at the All Star Movies Resort.

OH! I have never stayed at the All Stars and I have'nt resort hopped either.:lol: I did'nt know that there was a Toy Story theme over there lol!!!! I will have to look this up. See if I can find some pics :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom