New DAK Continent?

S

stphnbogert

Lee is there anything Disney has planned or in the process coming to respond to hp?

Thrill Seeker

They never come out and deny silly rumors. Why would they want to?
It keeps people talking about the parks, and like the old addage says, any publicity is good publicity.

Still isn't true...

If anything, I'd say it would be a better sign if Disney pulled the story, or did so shortly after it aired.

Personally, I see Australia as a perfect fit for AK. If this were to happen, and the re-arranging of the park would begin, AK could finally become the park we all hoped it would be. Beastly Kingdom could finally be added, Lion King would be moved to it's proper location in Africa and plenty more new stuff would be on the horizon. I really hope this is true, but I do doubt it's anywhere close to happening now anyway.

raven

Raven, I have a question. Is it possible that they would be using old art for this or any other project WDI does? Or does new art have to be done all the time?

Not even old art, concepts or drawing have been pulled out to verify this. I repeat to everyone, nothing backs this up.

Just to clear this up a bit...

I'm convinced Disney is now quite concerned about attendence and the looming opening of Legoland. One of the cheapest and quickest things they could do is the Austrailia land done in the way I describe above. As people have expressed over and over they love many of the animals that would be featured and an animal trail would be a guaranteed hit.

WESH did not report what are obviously the opinions and dreams of the blogger. They only went with the report of a new land based on Austrailia. Nothing else.

I respect the insiders here but they have not always been in the loop lately. So consider that Disney may want a quick addition somewhere to open within a year or 18 months. This concept would allow them to do that. Consider also that Disney may be floating a trial balloon through WESH and the blog. If so, I think it is obvious people here would approve.

PS If they build Austrailia it would only be a matter of time before they built South America too.

You really are floating on a cloud, huh? Cheap? Since when does Disney do anything on the cheap? I already said lighting alone for the new Hyperion Warf is budgeted at $3.6 million and everything always goes over budget. And they wouldn't add 2 lands one after another like you mentioned. They just don't do things like that.

The "insiders" are what they are. Sometimes they have to stay out of the "loop" due to privacy issues. It's not that they don't want to come out and blab everything. If they do then it would kill the hype.

The location for Jim Hill's Night Kingdom is what I assume.

So glad that idea died quickly.

The area mentioned that has been cleared behind Kali doesn't have enough room to build an entire park. That area used to be a tree farm which has since been moved elsewhere when they were building AK.

raven

No matter what happens with this rumor, AK needs an expansion. 'nuff said.

I agree with you 100%. But as of now, no plans are being made to at least "expand" what they have. Plussing will more than likely be done in the next few years, especially with NextGen starting to kick in.

stitch2008

Not even old art, concepts or drawing have been pulled out to verify this. I repeat to everyone, nothing backs this up.

No I understand that. I got that a few pages ago. :wave: I'm just wondering if WDI has to constanly make new art for a project to be in development or if they can use older art if they want.

raven

No I understand that. I got that a few pages ago. :wave: I'm just wondering if WDI has to constanly make new art for a project to be in development or if they can use older art if they want.

Everything is always tinkered with. It could look perfect when it went into the vault but when it's pulled out years later things technology and other things are upgraded.

A month after you buy a new computer it's outdated.

S

stphnbogert

Could you tell use what exactly is being planned or in the process of happening?

jt04

You really are floating on a cloud, huh? Cheap? Since when does Disney do anything on the cheap? I already said lighting alone for the new Hyperion Warf is budgeted at $3.6 million and everything always goes over budget. And they wouldn't add 2 lands one after another like you mentioned. They just don't do things like that.

Wow you are kidding right?

CMM instead of BK. Countless projects scaled back such as the River Rapids. Christmas decorations at Epcot. Many examples of doing things to cut costs.

I said "cheaper" not cheap. Big difference. I also said if they build Austrailia it would "be a matter of time" before they would build SA. I had years in mind when I wrote it. Not sure how you read "back to back" from what I wrote.

I'm not arguing Raven, I am pointing out that WESH would not have run the story and kept it up if they did not feel there was a germ of truth to it. They are a professional news organization that has a rep to protect even if it isn't what it once was.

There is also the possibility Disney is putting up a smokescreen to hide some other project. In the end it does seem as though something is happening behind the scenes. Something is going on. Potter and Legoland has thier attention IMO.

And I thought that is what we all wanted. :shrug:

raven

CMM instead of BK. Countless projects scaled back such as the River Rapids. Christmas decorations at Epcot. Many examples of doing things to cut costs.

I have to ask you: Do you live in a cave? Are you aware that the economy isn't the way it was 10 years ago? Everyone is making cut backs in different ways. Why should Disney be exempt?

I said "cheaper" not cheap. Big difference. I also said if they build Austrailia it would "be a matter of time" before they would build SA. I had years in mind when I wrote it. Not sure how you read "back to back" from what I wrote.

The words "matter of time" imply quickly. That phrase has always been used to explain that.

I'm not arguing Raven, I am pointing out that WESH would not have run the story and kept it up if they did not feel there was a germ of truth to it. They are a professional news organization that has a rep to protect even if it isn't what it once was.

For your information, news stations get information wrong all the time. They jump to conclusions before finding out the real fact. I just recently found the news paper from 9/11 and all over it were reports of bombs in several buildings around the country. Never happened.

What about DHS or Epcot?

I think I answered that here:
Sometimes they have to stay out of the "loop" due to privacy issues. It's not that they don't want to come out and blab everything. If they do then it would kill the hype.

:animwink:

S

stphnbogert

Tru. Do you know when we'll hear something about these plans? Like an announcement or something? I can't wait for the D23 Convention to hear something. Lol.

raven

Tru. Do you know when we'll hear something about these plans? Like an announcement or something? I can't wait for the D23 Convention to hear something. Lol.

Announcements aren't my area. I don't have insider information on that kinda of stuff.

S

stphnbogert

oh true. i'm very interested with the whole disney planning and everything. i'm going to school to get my bachelors in business/hospitality so hopefully i can work with disney and plan some awesome stuff. =)

raven

oh true. i'm very interested with the whole disney planning and everything. i'm going to school to get my bachelors in business/hospitality so hopefully i can work with disney and plan some awesome stuff. =)

Good for you! A degree in that should help you get a management role in Guest Service somewhere. Imagineering is very difficult to get into. Something like 2,000 applicant's for every job listed. Most of them have degrees in some sort of science, art, design or engineering. Keep it up though!

jmmc

I guess some people can sound a little too cynical here, but it's not a matter of having a bad attitude. It's just that so many long-standing, consistent rumors have been attributed to unnamed sources over the years, this could just be another of those. Monorail expansion, Beastly Kingdom, new countries in World Showcase. Unless it comes from a named Disney employee, it seems doubtful.

Look at the Hyperion Wharf announcement. Maybe I'm wrong, but did we ever hear any rumors about that before the official announcement? Seems like Disney keeps these things quiet pretty well.

trr1

I guess some people can sound a little too cynical here, but it's not a matter of having a bad attitude. It's just that so many long-standing, consistent rumors have been attributed to unnamed sources over the years, this could just be another of those. Monorail expansion, Beastly Kingdom, new countries in World Showcase. Unless it comes from a named Disney employee, it seems doubtful.

Look at the Hyperion Wharf announcement. Maybe I'm wrong, but did we ever hear any rumors about that before the official announcement? Seems like Disney keeps these things quiet pretty well.
we did hear and see plans about the FLE before it was announced

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom