New DAK Continent?

raven

Look at the Hyperion Wharf announcement. Maybe I'm wrong, but did we ever hear any rumors about that before the official announcement? Seems like Disney keeps these things quiet pretty well.

Some speculated, others that didn't know actually hit in on the head with their predictions (like some are now about other things). But those that have known about it for almost a year couldn't say anything.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Really?
Five pages on this nonsense?
What's next, six pages on Matterhorn at MK?
If you like. The NE hub bridge was a late addition to... Teacups. iasw had the rebar sticking out. The skyway was a mountain chalet. It must have been planned.

Surely?

jt04

I have to ask you: Do you live in a cave? Are you aware that the economy isn't the way it was 10 years ago? Everyone is making cut backs in different ways. Why should Disney be exempt?

Canceling Beastly Kingdom was over 10 years ago. :veryconfu

The words "matter of time" imply quickly. That phrase has always been used to explain that.

Umm, no. Not in mouse years.

For your information, news stations get information wrong all the time. They jump to conclusions before finding out the real fact. I just recently found the news paper from 9/11 and all over it were reports of bombs in several buildings around the country. Never happened.

You will never hear me defending the legacy media. It is just that they rarely post Disney rumors as news unless there is something to it.

OK I have made my opinion clear that I think the DAK rumblings have substance. Time will tell.

*leaves thread* :wave:

S

stphnbogert

Is it possible Disney started this rumor to see what the reaction would be to adding Australia as a new land?

Princess Kitty

I can't see "Australia", but I can picture "Nemo" happening... in the far distant future...

1) Finding Nemo II and III are released (Nemo goes to college and loses himself; Nemo has a mid-life crisis and loses himself)
2) Group of 25 imagineers spend 6 weeks in Australia snorkeling and soaking in authentic Australian atmosphere
3) Plans for "Australia" are leaked on the Internet and confirmed months later at the next D23
4) Original plans are criticized by 90% of avid Disney fans
5) Original plans are completely scrapped for new "Finding Nemo" land
6) "Finding Nemo" land is finally added to DAK: "Finding Nemo" show building re-themed as the Sydney opera house, "Crush Coaster" replaces Primeval Whirl, "Finding Nemo" meet and greet and a small kangaroo/koala walkabout are added

jmuboy

Instead of a whole Australia land, why not an animal trail (like the Jungle Trek or Exploration Trail) with Australian animals? The entrance could be to the left of the bird show, across the railroad, and then into the clearing. If and when the area is ever expanded to a full blow Australia area there would be expansion room right there.

RSoxNo1

Instead of a whole Australia land, why not an animal trail (like the Jungle Trek or Exploration Trail) with Australian animals? The entrance could be to the left of the bird show, across the railroad, and then into the clearing. If and when the area is ever expanded to a full blow Australia area there would be expansion room right there.

The animals that would likely be on an Australian walk through don't require a substantial amount of space (Kanagaroos, Wallabys, Koalas). This could actually fit in to the right of Finding Nemo the Musical, where it would logically fit.

Getting to the land behind Kali is tough to get to. It's almost logical to make a full Asian Safari that's a slightly smalle scope than Kilimanjaro Safaris where they can access this land by a vehicle instead of by foot.

flavious27

it would be cool to have that added, but yes transportation is a huge issue. They will need to be able to have foot access along with adding more capacity to the train.

S

stphnbogert

What if....

you go to the entrance of australia and get on this jeep to hold an efficient number of people and you drive back there to the other attractions but on the way there you drive past some animals from the outback? they drop you off in australia which will have a couple exhibits and rides with one or two shops. good idea or no?

JustInTime

What if....

you go to the entrance of australia and get on this jeep to hold an efficient number of people and you drive back there to the other attractions but on the way there you drive past some animals from the outback? they drop you off in australia which will have a couple exhibits and rides with one or two shops. good idea or no?

Load times would be a nightmare.

GizmoDuck

What if....

While its a cool idea in concept and story-enhancement, "attractions to get to other attractions" are usually plagued with apathy and inconvience for the masses who typically don't care much for backstories and theming

S

stphnbogert

Well to solve the loading have MANY vehicles and maybe have them be trams like the other safari. The trip would be short so people dont see it as an inconvenience but yet have good theming and a couple kangaroos and koala bears out.

GizmoDuck

Well to solve the loading have MANY vehicles and maybe have them be trams like the other safari. The trip would be short so people dont see it as an inconvenience but yet have good theming and a couple kangaroos and koala bears out.

In theory, but unfortunately guests aren't the easiest people to accommodate: strollers, split parties on each side, "BUT I CAN'T WAIT I HAVE TO GET BACK THERE NOW!", ECVs, and many other annoyances make such a concept a nightmare for cast members and guests alike.

Trust me, it's why the Wildlife Express is loathed :dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom