New DAK Continent?

raven

This rumor is gaining more and more steam. I personally am certain it is true! :xmas:

An addition like this would've been worked on for several years before it's announced. No current concept art, plans or even paperwork are around to back it up. It's simply a bogus rumor from someone who doesn't know how to read into websites like this one. Unfortunately it's now in the media.

jt04

An addition like this would've been worked on for several years before it's announced. No current concept art, plans or even paperwork are around to back it up. It's simply a bogus rumor from someone who doesn't know how to read into websites like this one. Unfortunately it's now in the media.

It would be very easy to design the basics of such a land. An animal trail, a restaurant some shops and a relocated Nemo show and bam! you have a new land. When T-Land opened at the MK it didn't have even that much. But it has been added to substantially since. So, I think it might be a real rumor.

What would be most exciting if true though is that it would mean Disney has made the decision to go with lands based on continents. And that would be good news indeed! :)

SeaCastle

It would be very easy to design the basics of such a land. An animal trail, a restaurant some shops and a relocated Nemo show and bam! you have a new land. When T-Land opened at the MK it didn't have even that much. But it has been added to substantially since. So, I think it might be a real rumor.

What would be most exciting if true though is that it would mean Disney has made the decision to go with lands based on continents. And that would be good news indeed! :)

Raven just clearly stated that there are no current plans to add Australia... how does the fact that Tomorrowland didn't have much when it opened make this rumor true? :confused:

ChrisFL

Premium Member

I really hope you're joking

stitch2008

Raven, I have a question. Is it possible that they would be using old art for this or any other project WDI does? Or does new art have to be done all the time?

S

stphnbogert

Its weird to me that when they built AK and left that clear land. i would think they already knew at the time what to build there. even if beastly kingdom was to be built have we seen any concept art from that? it is possible they are in the beginning stages of this construction and drawing up plans to build something there?

GizmoDuck

Its weird to me that when they built AK and left that clear land. i would think they already knew at the time what to build there. even if beastly kingdom was to be built have we seen any concept art from that? it is possible they are in the beginning stages of this construction and drawing up plans to build something there?

Land was originally cleared for Tiger River Rapids, the original intentions for Kali. It was to be a water-raft safari near the caliber of Kilimanjaro Safaris, however due to budget cuts we now have the version you see today. The land was left cleared, and although crews are periodically seen back there, it is unlikely any substantial work has been made for a particular new expansion.

See: http://www.theneverlandfiles.com/tnf/disneyworld/tigerriverrapids.php

Also, Beastly Kingdom was designated to be where Camp Minnie-Mickey stands today, there's a ton of cleared land backstage in that area as well. Additionally, much concept art can be found floating around online.

See: http://www.theneverlandfiles.com/tnf/disneyworld/beastlykingdom.php

inluvwithbeast

I really hope you're joking

Sometimes I think his (jt) posts are dripping with sarcasm, but it is easily lost on the Internet. Other times ( the majority of the time) I think he says things that he KNOWS are way out in left field just to get a rise out of people. But of course, that would trolling.

Moving on. Nothing to see here.

If we're gonna talk continents. I'd prefer S. America. Tht way you could have jaguars AND penguins all in one land. :)

S

stphnbogert

Land was originally cleared for Tiger River Rapids, the original intentions for Kali. It was to be a water-raft safari near the caliber of Kilimanjaro Safaris, however due to budget cuts we now have the version you see today. The land was left cleared, and although crews are periodically seen back there, it is unlikely any substantial work has been made for a particular new expansion.

See: http://www.theneverlandfiles.com/tnf/disneyworld/tigerriverrapids.php

Also, Beastly Kingdom was designated to be where Camp Minnie-Mickey stands today, there's a ton of cleared land backstage in that area as well. Additionally, much concept art can be found floating around online.

See: http://www.theneverlandfiles.com/tnf/disneyworld/beastlykingdom.php

thanks! i had no idea about all this. is it possible though that disney is in the VERY early stages of getting austrailia built at ak?

jt04

Sometimes I think his (jt) posts are dripping with sarcasm, but it is easily lost on the Internet. Other times ( the majority of the time) I think he says things that he KNOWS are way out in left field just to get a rise out of people. But of course, that would trolling.

Moving on. Nothing to see here.

If we're gonna talk continents. I'd prefer S. America. Tht way you could have jaguars AND penguins all in one land. :)

Just to clear this up a bit...

I'm convinced Disney is now quite concerned about attendence and the looming opening of Legoland. One of the cheapest and quickest things they could do is the Austrailia land done in the way I describe above. As people have expressed over and over they love many of the animals that would be featured and an animal trail would be a guaranteed hit.

WESH did not report what are obviously the opinions and dreams of the blogger. They only went with the report of a new land based on Austrailia. Nothing else.

I respect the insiders here but they have not always been in the loop lately. So consider that Disney may want a quick addition somewhere to open within a year or 18 months. This concept would allow them to do that. Consider also that Disney may be floating a trial balloon through WESH and the blog. If so, I think it is obvious people here would approve.

PS If they build Austrailia it would only be a matter of time before they built South America too.

JustInTime

I have changed my mind on Australia coming. I have decided the land wouldn't fit. The gorgeous Outback is too flat and barren to put into animal kingdom. We would need flat, rock land with caves and the occasional tree here and there. That is typical Outback wildlife. And the other two continents that we have fit so well together because they are fusions of several countries. It just works. I think they either need to build South America or Beastly Kingdom and be DONE with it.

bgraham34

Just to clear this up a bit...

I'm convinced Disney is now quite concerned about attendence and the looming opening of Legoland. One of the cheapest and quickest things they could do is the Austrailia land done in the way I describe above. As people have expressed over and over they love many of the animals that would be featured and an animal trail would be a guaranteed hit.

WESH did not report what are obviously the opinions and dreams of the blogger. They only went with the report of a new land based on Austrailia. Nothing else.

I respect the insiders here but they have not always been in the loop lately. So consider that Disney may want a quick addition somewhere to open within a year or 18 months. This concept would allow them to do that. Consider also that Disney may be floating a trial balloon through WESH and the blog. If so, I think it is obvious people here would approve.

PS If they build Austrailia it would only be a matter of time before they built South America too.

I don't think they are really concerned with Legoland. It will be a 1 day park, nothing more.

jt04

I smell a troll. (at least his stinky feet) Give it break jt. Raven knows more than you do.

Disney could make one phone call to WESH and have the story retracted if they wanted to. That is if they wanted to.

Really?
Five pages on this nonsense?
What's next, six pages on Matterhorn at MK?

:lookaroun Hmmm. this rumor again. :lookaroun:)

Hey we can't spend all of our time admiring the pictures of the new construction walls at DTD. :lol:

I don't think they are really concerned with Legoland. It will be a 1 day park, nothing more.

Oh, I think they are quite concerned, 1 day park or not. We have an entire thread that talks about Disney being concerned with flat attendence. Legoland will continue that trend if Disney does nothing. IMO.

Lee

Adventurer
Disney could make one phone call to WESH and have the story retracted if they wanted to. That is if they wanted to.
They never come out and deny silly rumors. Why would they want to?
It keeps people talking about the parks, and like the old addage says, any publicity is good publicity.

Still isn't true...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom