New DAK Continent?

cheezbat

In theory, but unfortunately guests aren't the easiest people to accommodate: strollers, split parties on each side, "BUT I CAN'T WAIT I HAVE TO GET BACK THERE NOW!", ECVs, and many other annoyances make such a concept a nightmare for cast members and guests alike.

Trust me, it's why the Wildlife Express is loathed :dazzle:

Too true.

That train was a horrible idea. I don't know what they were thinking...and the funny part is i often hear so many people complain when they get back to Rafiki's Planet Watch and they realize that's all thats back there. "This is it? Seriously? We waited ten minutes to ride a train to see this?":lol:

flavious27

Too true.

That train was a horrible idea. I don't know what they were thinking...and the funny part is i often hear so many people complain when they get back to Rafiki's Planet Watch and they realize that's all thats back there. "This is it? Seriously? We waited ten minutes to ride a train to see this?":lol:

well a new area would be something to make it better utilized.

RSoxNo1

While its a cool idea in concept and story-enhancement, "attractions to get to other attractions" are usually plagued with apathy and inconvience for the masses who typically don't care much for backstories and theming

Yeah, unfortunately this is a problem. It's the same idea that would dissuade Disney from moving Festival of the Lion King to Rafiki's Planet Watch/Conseration Station. It would bring some people back there, but you've just doubled the time commitment to see the show in the process.

Unfortunately there's not an easy solution here. I've gone back and forth on what's the best approach because there really isn't one. Maharajah Jungle Trek has some barren spots, so one possibility is make a new animal based attraction in Asia that utilizes some of, if not all of that space. They could basically re-locate that walk through by rotating it 90 degrees and putting it behind Kali River Rapids. Then it opens up a much larger area for more Asian attractions be they exhibits of the many rumored Asian animals or something else.

AEfx

hopefully i can be a manager at mk and get all the insider info. lol.

LOL, unfortunately, that wouldn't get you much. By the time someone that low on the totem pole gets the info, it's already been discussed here weeks before. :)

The people who actually work in the parks are often the last to know about this kind of stuff. Potential closures of attractions and rumors? Sure. But it's not like they share the blueprints and concept arts with the staff around the parks. So take anything said by park employees with a huge grain of salt - the kind reserved for bus drivers.

Why did the Lost Continent kill Beastly Kingdom?
It had the same concept. Unicorns, dragons, Merlin, mythological things.

Most of The Lost Continent has disappeared, being consumed by The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. There's only a Sinbad stunt show and a special effects show themed to the Gods left there. I believe there was a rumour on screamscape a while back that The Lost Continent may one day be completely replaced by Harry Potter.

If that's the case, maybe then we will see a Beastly Kingdom concept rise again.

jmuboy

Will the Beastly Kingdom feature a headliner roller coaster with a final encounter with an "E-Ticket" AA figure? Sounds familiar. Maybe the AA dragon will just be built with a disco ball and strobe light to begin with.

Epic Epcot

Will the Beastly Kingdom feature a headliner roller coaster with a final encounter with an "E-Ticket" AA figure? Sounds familiar. Maybe the AA dragon will just be built with a disco ball and strobe light to begin with.

Burn baby, burn! Disco Inferno!
:lookaroun

MotherOfBirds

Or, they could just spread beastly kingdom out, so to speak. Build SA and Australia and have a bk attraction that suits each continent i.e. (for lack of a better example) the chupacabra in SA. Not all mythical creatures are European/N. American.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Why did the Lost Continent kill Beastly Kingdom?

Jim Hill has an article that details it, but basically the story goes like this...

In 1994-95, Michael Eisner saw the difficulty he had with Euro Disneyland (now DLP) and decided to lay off a lot of the imagineers and go a different direction with attractions.

Some of those imagineers were apparently involved in the ideas for Beastly Kingdom and they found work at a competitor down the road who just happened to be coming up with their own second gate, Islands of Adventure. These ex-imagineers brought some of the plans they were working on and Universal built them into the Lost Continent.

Lee

Adventurer
In 1994-95, Michael Eisner saw the difficulty he had with Euro Disneyland (now DLP) and decided to lay off a lot of the imagineers and go a different direction with attractions.

Some of those imagineers were apparently involved in the ideas for Beastly Kingdom and they found work at a competitor down the road who just happened to be coming up with their own second gate, Islands of Adventure. These ex-imagineers brought some of the plans they were working on and Universal built them into the Lost Continent.

Eh....kinda...but not entirely right.

S

stphnbogert

beastly kingdom probably isn't going to happen. if there are planning anything for animal kingdom it would be a land for australia or south america.

flavious27

beastly kingdom probably isn't going to happen. if there are planning anything for animal kingdom it would be a land for australia or south america.

aus or SA will be good, though do they have room for both? Any expansion at AK will involve the movement of many building and facilities neded for the care of the animals in the park.

S

stphnbogert

yeah i think if any expansion was going to be built then a rework of the land next to it would have to happen. which is weird i thought disney would of thought about that when they built the park. which i'm sure they did...(removing camp minnie mickey).

flavious27

yeah i think if any expansion was going to be built then a rework of the land next to it would have to happen. which is weird i thought disney would of thought about that when they built the park. which i'm sure they did...(removing camp minnie mickey).

they could have, but the only person that could give you a honest answer is Joe Rohde.

cheezbat

I really wanna see Festival of the Lion King moved and camp Minnie Mickey demo'ed already. Its such a prime spot for so much AK potential. Why did you have to go cheap Disney...why?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom