New Countries Being Added to Epcot?

flavious27

Sorry, I'm going to have disagree with you with that one. There is plenty of room behind Africa, they could almost fit in 2 countries if they wanted to and it wouldn't affect the Marina or the Entertainment compound. Just because they have a lot of temporary buildings and structures doesn't mean they can't be moved.

There is room between Mexico and Norway, Africa, between Germany and Italy, Japan and Morocco, and Morocco and France.

So there is plenty room for expansion and plenty of different plans for expansion, but of course, it will cost a lot of money so it is a long way off unless of course, someone is paying for it. So chances are slim to none.

The African outpost is just filler between China and Germany.

As for replacing one country with another, it is going to be really expensive to change one pavilion to another. The only country that is just a box with a small amount of facade is Mexico. There would have to be alot of work done if not total demo work to adapt a new country's theme.

Wilt Dasney

If we're talking about actual size reproductions, why not a pavilion for the sovereign principality of Sealand?

sealand.jpg

0_61_010807_sealand.jpg

aladdin2007

I've always thought they should change one or two countries every so often. It would keep things fresh and new for those of us who have been many times and plan to go many more!

Actually there was a plan back in the 90s called "the black box pavilion" where that was exactly what would happen, a new country would move in and out every so often. This eventually turned into the Mill Village, but instead of that becoming the black box pavilion after the Mill celebration, it went for conventions only, sadly. Those participating in the village Disney tried to woo to do permenant pavilions but nothing came of that.

misterID

Horizons 2.0 :sohappy:

Imagine a new Horizons that is somewhat similar in ride experience to Harry Potter. The ride vehicle arrangement (4 in a row, side by side) wouldn't be that different from the original Horizons, nor would the motion simulation segments in front of the projection screens. If you think about it, Horizons was way ahead of its time. Just add some kind of motion base and there ya go.

It was lightyears ahead of its time. With the technology available now, they could build the three "return" scenes and have the cars split off into one of the scenes chosen by the passengers - Mesa Verde, Brava Centauri and Sea Castle. There is so much they could do to make a New Horizons even better than the original.

Yes. I'll even pitch in to fund it. Disney, you've got your sponsor right here. I've got 5 dollars... And I haven't even pulled the cushions off my couch yet, so there's more where that came from!

rkelly42

Well it looks like we can cross Egypt off the list for awhile to come. Too bad, such a beautiful country with so much history.

PalisadesPkteer

How about Belgium? We would get a place to have Belgium waffles all the time out of it.

Anyway, If you get companies to sponsor it you could get all kinds of countries in.
Do not need the country itself to do much if the companies go for it.

Agree that JIIwF needs the most $. Updating UOE and doing something with WOL would help a lot as well.

flavious27

How about Belgium? We would get a place to have Belgium waffles all the time out of it.

Anyway, If you get companies to sponsor it you could get all kinds of countries in.
Do not need the country itself to do much if the companies go for it.

Agree that JIIwF needs the most $. Updating UOE and doing something with WOL would help a lot as well.

Disney could have a good fry stand by serving pommes frites.

NoChesterHester

-Countries Represented-

North America: Canada, USA, Mexico
Europe: UK, France, Germany, Italy, Norway
Middle East: Morocco
Asia: China, Japan

World Showcase is very western centric. That isn't a bad thing, but I would like to see more representation from the east or say... Australia.

Strong cultures to ponder:
India (Very obvious choice... could have a Taj Majahl iconographic element.

Persia (Iran- not exactly a friendly state to the US right now...)

Egypt (has lots of issues currently, but obviously rich history...)

Russia (vast and deep country that would really bring something unique)

Thailand (Just google pictures from Thailand... exotic!)

Turkey (Friendly middle eastern country with amazing history stretching from the Romans to Ottomans to present day.)

flavious27

-Countries Represented-

North America: Canada, USA, Mexico
Europe: UK, France, Germany, Italy, Norway
Middle East: Morocco
Asia: China, Japan

World Showcase is very western centric. That isn't a bad thing, but I would like to see more representation from the east or say... Australia.

Strong cultures to ponder:
India (Very obvious choice... could have a Taj Majahl iconographic element.

Persia (Iran- not exactly a friendly state to the US right now...)

Egypt (has lots of issues currently, but obviously rich history...)

Russia (vast and deep country that would really bring something unique)

Thailand (Just google pictures from Thailand... exotic!)

Turkey (Friendly middle eastern country with amazing history stretching from the Romans to Ottomans to present day.)

Well WS is very western oriented because of the funding and sponsorship requirements.

India now has the ability to sponsor a pavilion at WS.

Russia was going to be in WS, hopefully they can at some point in time.

Thailand is years away from a stable political environment.

Turkey could be, it does have companies that can offer sponsorship but there are problems with turkey attacking kurdistan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom