New Countries Being Added to Epcot?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hi Aladdin,
I never heard of this fact before regarding a second ring of pavilions around Crescent Lake. Do you have a link to any concept art or articles about this? I'm not questioning you at all - I'm just an interested Disney History Buff.

Thanks! :wave:
It was an unofficial Blue Sky quote made by Card Walker before the park was complete.

Shimmer73083

It was an unofficial Blue Sky quote made by Card Walker before the park was complete.

Thanks Martin and Aladdin. That is awesome. If you happen to remember to volume you read it in, I would love to know. I actually referenced my Epcot: 1982 and Since the World Began books, lol... how much of a Disney Dork am I???

aladdin2007

Thanks Martin and Aladdin. That is awesome. If you happen to remember to volume you read it in, I would love to know. I actually referenced my Epcot: 1982 and Since the World Began books, lol... how much of a Disney Dork am I???

I love those books!!!, also check out Designing Disney, and The Art of Walt Disney World. And of course the two disney imagineering books.

raven

Anything can be moved if need be. WDW has done it before. And they make the impossible possible everyday.

Ah, true. But they don't need to move anything right now. And just moving those elements in that area and building a different area to store them could be a couple of mil. That's even before they begin to do anything with that land.

Shimmer73083

I love those books!!!, also check out Designing Disney, and The Art of Walt Disney World. And of course the two disney imagineering books.

Art of Disney World is wonderful!

I just picked up the 4th Imagineering Field Guide to the parks though they are more fun tidbits than in depth facts and mysteries lol

NoChesterHester

Ah, true. But they don't need to move anything right now. And just moving those elements in that area and building a different area to store them could be a couple of mil. That's even before they begin to do anything with that land.

Exactly, there is absolutely no reason to reconfigure infrastructure when there are so many expansion possibilities that don't require it. It isn't like WDW has any shortage of space...

WDW1974

Yeah, I have a friend who lived there for a few years, and she has a love/hate attitude toward the country—she loves its heritage and hates its current brutality.

The idea of a Disney park on mainland China still amuses me.

I just spent almost three months there, Tirian ... after doing likewise in 2008. I know I was a sheltered American and all that, but there just isn't brutality in big cities and most folks I talked to seemed to care about their government only as it affected them ... much like here in the good, old USA where there's never brutality against citizens unless they are being molested to get on a plane by the TSA or roughed up by a cop with a 'tude :rolleyes:.

I can't wait for Shanghai (didn't manage to get there) and now that I've made it to TDR (yes, it does make WDW's parks look largely ghetto), I need to have a new Disney park to hit ... or is that fifth gate based on Marvel characters that Fred the busdriver told me about really gonna happen?:drevil:

WDW1974

It (the second line of pavilions) was hinted at in some earlier plans, though, like this one from 1977. I swear I've seen a similar one from '78 but can't find it at the moment.

It was talked about in the 1980s as well, but not really planned out since so many expansion pads existed (and still do) as is.

The fact Disney hasn't added a country since 1988 should tell you what they think of doing so.

Now, if a nation (or its corps) came in and said 'here's $400 million, what will you build for us?' I can guarantee Disney would change its mindset ... but right now that mindset is one where no expansion is foreseen except when bored Imagineers play around.

Jimmy Thick

So basically when people say actual countries sponsor the pavilions in the World Show case, with the exception of a couple countries putting in a little bit of cash, its still mostly corporations footing the bill.

Sometimes, its sad at how people around here who are supposed to be insiders, really have no clue about Disney at all.

Jimmy Thick-The just HAVE to be bus drivers!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom