New Countries Being Added to Epcot?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yes another confirmation of the racist nature of the governing administration. I would withdraw my consumer support for American made products in retaliation but they dont actually make anything Id use. Even Disney merchandise is made in the Peoples Republic....:drevil:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yes another confirmation of the racist nature of the governing administration. I would withdraw my consumer support for American made products in retaliation but they dont actually make anything Id use. Even Disney merchandise is made in the Peoples Republic....:drevil:

That's because most American's will not work for the wages that must be paid in order to produce a product that most American's will buy.

Boba Fett

Here it goes getting political lol. I'm in the military, so I don't have many nice things to say about the "Peoples" Republic since I know how brutal their govt. is, but i love the pavillion at Epcot, the architecture and culture.

Anyways I wouldn't mind seeing any of the above mentioned countries in WS, everyone knows ANY country would be a much needed refresher. Go Epcot, and go countries!

tirian

Here it goes getting political lol. I'm in the military, so I don't have many nice things to say about the "Peoples" Republic since I know how brutal their govt. is, but i love the pavillion at Epcot, the architecture and culture.
Yeah, I have a friend who lived there for a few years, and she has a love/hate attitude toward the country—she loves its heritage and hates its current brutality.

The idea of a Disney park on mainland China still amuses me.

Anyways I wouldn't mind seeing any of the above mentioned countries in WS, everyone knows ANY country would be a much needed refresher. Go Epcot, and go countries!
Greece, please. And maybe Spain. But can we get attractions in Italy and Japan first?

aladdin2007

Yeah, I have a friend who lived there for a few years, and she has a love/hate attitude toward the country—she loves its heritage and hates its current brutality.

The idea of a Disney park on mainland China still amuses me.

Greece, please. And maybe Spain. But can we get attractions in Italy and Japan first?[/QUOTE]

Germany too, actually wouldnt it be great if each country had an attraction!

Boba Fett

I agree on attractions for Italy and Japan, but since Italy just got Via Napoli would they still add more to it, including space restrictions?

Being Italian, I would love to see it get more love... Has there ever been talks of a gondola-Venice type boat ride? Maybe like through Italy's history through the Roman Empire, the Rennaiscance and the Wars? that would be cool

What type of attraction would you vision for Japan? I would just hate to see them add more movies to the pavillions and call them "attractions".

aladdin2007

I agree on attractions for Italy and Japan, but since Italy just got Via Napoli would they still add more to it, including space restrictions?

Being Italian, I would love to see it get more love... Has there ever been talks of a gondola-Venice type boat ride? Maybe like through Italy's history through the Roman Empire, the Rennaiscance and the Wars? that would be cool

What type of attraction would you vision for Japan? I would just hate to see them add more movies to the pavillions and call them "attractions".

Italy in its early days of conception was originally going to have a gondola boat ride through Venice. They even built the entrance gate to it and its still there today on the right side of the pavilion. The building would have extended to the back where Via Napoli was built so this will never come to be at this point, unless they used the plot between Italy and Germany. Also planned was a walk through the Roman ruins which would have been like just a garden area I guess moreso than an attraction.

Japan was originally going to have the Meet the World show, its show building still sits behind the castle. Or the bullet train ride was once proposed or of course the infamous Mt. Fuji. :wave:

Boba Fett

Italy in its early days of conception was originally going to have a gondola boat ride through Venice. They even built the entrance gate to it and its still there today on the right side of the pavilion. The building would have extended to the back where Via Napoli was built so this will never come to be at this point, unless they used the plot between Italy and Germany. Also planned was a walk through the Roman ruins which would have been like just a garden area I guess moreso than an attraction.

Japan was originally going to have the Meet the World show, its show building still sits behind the castle. Or the bullet train ride was once proposed or of course the infamous Mt. Fuji. :wave:

So cool, I never knew that!! So what are the most probable countries that it looks like Disney is trying for (not the rumors on this thread but leaked/official Disney)?

aladdin2007

So cool, I never knew that!! So what are the most probable countries that it looks like Disney is trying for (not the rumors on this thread but leaked/official Disney)?

Well sadly as far as I know Disney isnt trying for any, I dont think they have for a long time. The most probable would have been Spain but that fell through several times now.

scottnj1966

No buildings are back there due to the safety issue that I already mentioned. The area backstage here is used for a staging area for trees and shrubs for this very reason. This is not an option. If it was they would've put another country in a long time ago.

Anything can be moved if need be. WDW has done it before. And they make the impossible possible everyday.

TrojanUSC

It's never as simple as just "Hey let's build a country." The governments of that country have to be willing to finance it.

Not quite. In the past, the governments (usually the entities responsible for tourism to that country, within those governments) within World Showcase have participated in some funding. That being said, World Showcase pavilions are in no case paid for entirely by the countries themselves and there is no obligation for Walt Disney World to rely on any funding by a country to build a pavilion (it just helps the case). After all, Disney didn't get funding from any African nations to build Harambe at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

flavious27

Don't they have gondolas in the lagoon?

flavious27

Not quite. In the past, the governments (usually the entities responsible for tourism to that country, within those governments) within World Showcase have participated in some funding. That being said, World Showcase pavilions are in no case paid for entirely by the countries themselves and there is no obligation for Walt Disney World to rely on any funding by a country to build a pavilion (it just helps the case). After all, Disney didn't get funding from any African nations to build Harambe at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

True, but usually a company from that country is the one that sponsors the pavilion and pays for part of the funding.

Shimmer73083

Thanks, good article, but incorrect that world showplace occupies 2 spots it occupies one. international gateway originally was a spot, and the crescent lake where boardwalk and beach clubs are now were originally meant to be a second ring of pavilions. cool huh?

Hi Aladdin,
I never heard of this fact before regarding a second ring of pavilions around Crescent Lake. Do you have a link to any concept art or articles about this? I'm not questioning you at all - I'm just an interested Disney History Buff.

Thanks! :wave:

aladdin2007

Hi Aladdin,
I never heard of this fact before regarding a second ring of pavilions around Crescent Lake. Do you have a link to any concept art or articles about this? I'm not questioning you at all - I'm just an interested Disney History Buff.

Thanks! :wave:

I wish I could but its been so long now, I know I read it in a specific book regarding the second ring and not an online source. I thought for sure it was in a book I own though, so will do some digging and see if I can find it again. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom