New Characters?

joanna71985

have you seen the list of different names Frozone has been called? It's up in the breakroom at animation- before I left there were over 200 I believe- and they're hilarious!!!

I was hanging out with Pluto once at Liberty Tree- there's a family with two kids who want Pluto's autograph but Pluto had already seen them and signed their book- Pluto pointed to the autograph they already had, and the dad says "how funny, Goofy says he doesn't want to sign next to Pluto!" So Pluto is laughing at how a guest can be so lost, but signs the book, again, right next to where Pluto signed it the first time. The dad takes the book, looks at it, and then proceeds to hand Pluto the second kid's book- open to the same spot where Pluto signed his the first time too..... So Pluto sighed and signed it again.... and lost all faith in those dumb humans :brick: :ROFLOL:

Ooo, I want to see that list!! *crosses fingers to work at Animation*

And wow- I wonder about some people!

Wow, how can people not know the Disney Characters!:brick:
I love how guests think June is Dora, Handy Manny is Bob the Builder, Chip n Dale are Alvin & The Chipmunks etc

Yup, gotta love some of the names that people come up with.

Piebald

have you seen the list of different names Frozone has been called? It's up in the breakroom at animation- before I left there were over 200 I believe- and they're hilarious!!!

:

I don't think the list is there anymore, but it was pretty funny.
My favorite was "Black guy".

WDWKat26

OK that's amazing... My brother and I had been joking about Clarabelle and Horace being everywhere, and wondered why they hadn't trotted out a Clara as well. Guess they beat us to it.

As to Horace and Clarabelle being staples since 2006, I think that's pretty nifty but also bizarre... wonder who was behind that? They had a huge queue when I saw them and I wanted to go down the line and poll everyone to see exactly how many people knew who they were. I can't imagine that many kids today would even have a clue, seeing as the Disney Channel doesn't even show Disney cartoons, much less the very old shorts that they would have been in.

My guess was that a lot of parents would wait until the characters signed the books, sneak a peak, and then pretend to their kids that they knew all along. "Oh, it's HORACE honey..." hehe

So when do we see Oswald?

Wow, that's scary. It's like you were there! That's exactly what happens. It's really frustrating though. The reason behind Horace and Clarabelle coming out was the introduction of them in the Family Fun Day Parade. The characters in the parade do sets in the morning, so obviously Horace and Clarabelle have to do sets too.

Clara Cluck has been seen at the studios every once in a while, but has yet to be seen at MK. She's in the Halloween Parade, but that's it.

Believe me, it peeves me that EVERYONE knows who Clarabelle is (From Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and House of Mouse) and NO ONE knows who Horace is.

WDWKat26

Also, maybe if Disney Artists would start making more Horace cartoons, or at least add him into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse as Clarabelle's Boyfriend, people would get it straight. When they see Clarabelle, they automatically think Goofy, so that's why Horace gets called Goofy. Even though they're 2 different species and look nothing alike.

WDWKat26

Wow, how can people not know the Disney Characters!:brick:
I love how guests think June is Dora, Handy Manny is Bob the Builder, Chip n Dale are Alvin & The Chipmunks etc

I was at the Playhouse Disney Dance Party and Leo from the Little Einsteins got called "Go Diego, Go!"

All Star Nathan

Lets go back in time!

These aren't new characters, but you should check out the parade videos of mcrtnyfan at YouTube. She has tons of vintage footage including my favortite, Mickey Mania, which shows Tick Tock the Crock in rare form as well as the now often unseen Cogsworth. Watch all the videos and see if you can find Clara Cluck in her very own float or Orville from The Rescuers.

Also, check out this video from Euro Disneyland showing walkaround versions of the vultures from The Jungle Book at 5:10. Super Rare!

WaltsApprentice

That post was bothering me too....no offence.

*coughDreamfindercough*

:lookaroun

:D

i agree..those are not really popular films.... but why would they have the Dreamfinder walking around...if there is no ride or movie reference? He would be just like Mulch Sweat and Shears...random characters that the basic guest would have no idea who they are.... but don't get me wrong see him return would be great but I don't think thats happening anytime soon:)

Gorjus

Sorcerer Mickey is going in the animation building.

What the characters can do with body language amazes me all the time; that is of course until I become an idiot and can't understand what Goofy, or Pluto, or Minnie, or Mickey are trying to tell me when a guest is in the room.

The Country Bears riding the Magic Carpet ride seems to be a staple of the Christmas Parties. Also, at other times they seem to set up a lot of moments for guests to ride rides with characters. It is a staple for Little One's Extra Magic Hours.

drew81

Sorcerer Mickey is going in the animation building.

What the characters can do with body language amazes me all the time; that is of course until I become an idiot and can't understand what Goofy, or Pluto, or Minnie, or Mickey are trying to tell me when a guest is in the room.

The Country Bears riding the Magic Carpet ride seems to be a staple of the Christmas Parties. Also, at other times they seem to set up a lot of moments for guests to ride rides with characters. It is a staple for Little One's Extra Magic Hours.

I'm glad Mickey will be back in his Sorcerer outfit!

WDWKat26

i agree..those are not really popular films.... but why would they have the Dreamfinder walking around...if there is no ride or movie reference? He would be just like Mulch Sweat and Shears...random characters that the basic guest would have no idea who they are.... but don't get me wrong see him return would be great but I don't think thats happening anytime soon:)

Mulch, Sweat and Shears aren't characters though. They're performers, just like Off Kilter or any other equity band on property.

elchippo

The Country Bears riding the Magic Carpet ride seems to be a staple of the Christmas Parties.

I'm surprised they put the Bears in Adventureland. Doesn't that go along with that story of the time when Walt saw a cowboy walking in Tomorrowland and didn't like it?

joanna71985

I'm surprised they put the Bears in Adventureland. Doesn't that go along with that story of the time when Walt saw a cowboy walking in Tomorrowland and didn't like it?

The Bears actually are in Frontierland. Just during the parade they go ride the Carpets ride.

drew81

Most of the time they just walked around Frontierland and Adventureland.

IcicleM

I don't know if anyone already posted this, but I know that Tuck and Roll will return during Block Party, Boo will be added, as well as the nerdy pimply monster who's going through puberty from Monsters Inc. and the Butterfly from A Bug's Life, and (on a separate note) I'd like to say I was correct in posting (before) that Giselle is starting sets. They recently did a test, and I am almost very certain she will be doing the sets in the blue dress she made from the curtains in the movie.

drew81

I don't know if anyone already posted this, but I know that Tuck and Roll will return during Block Party, Boo will be added, as well as the nerdy pimply monster who's going through puberty from Monsters Inc. and the Butterfly from A Bug's Life, and (on a separate note) I'd like to say I was correct in posting (before) that Giselle is starting sets. They recently did a test, and I am almost very certain she will be doing the sets in the blue dress she made from the curtains in the movie.

That would be very cool if she does come out for sets! I think that would make a lot of guests very happy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom