New Characters?

joanna71985

I don't know if this counts as weird or not, but I saw Horace and Clarabelle *everywhere* at the MK the other week - I might have seen them briefly in the past but I never recall seeing them so prominent.

Also, lots of Scrooge - both in Toontown and in the Christmas parade... was excited about that, as he never gets any credit.

Saw a bizarre conglomeration at the TTF train station with Lilo, a penguin from Mary Poppins, the Sheriff of Nottingham, and Darkwing Duck (!) among others. Thought that was odd.

How are these assignments given out? Occasionally I'll see someone super-obscure and think someone just got a little bored in the character zoo that day...

(Still pleased from the single time circa 2001 I saw llama Kuzco at MGM...)

Horace and Clarabelle have been out since mid-2006.

Also, it's always like that in the Teardrop. It will be the most random characters.

Captain Hank

Saw a bizarre conglomeration at the TTF train station with Lilo, a penguin from Mary Poppins, the Sheriff of Nottingham, and Darkwing Duck (!) among others. Thought that was odd.
Random assortments of obscure characters near the Toontown Fair train station usually mean a training group of new cast members. Unfortunately, there's no rhyme or reason to the scheduling of sets or particular characters in this case.

from what i've seen somme characters are only out at special times we went to mgm on valentines day and saw characters from atlantis and hercules and jiminy cricket nd white rabbit at mnsshp
Jimiiny Cricket has regular sets at Rafiki's Planet Watch in Disney's Animal Kingdom.

LeeLee D

I saw Lady Tremaine, Anastacia, and Drisella 2 weeks ago. That shocked me because I have never seen them out there.
We saw them too! We were at MK on the 2nd. They walked past, noses in the air, and I said (in jest) "they really think they're something special"! The last sister in line turned and said "yes we are, maam!" Made my day!!!:)

I went back the next Saturday and saw Burt in Toontown. I don't know if that's unusual as I don't usually go to Toontown. He stopped to chat after he heard me tell my friend that he was Burt. He asked how my holiday and I said "It's a jolly holiday with you Burt!". :king:

Gorjus

I don't know if this counts as weird or not, but I saw Horace and Clarabelle *everywhere* at the MK the other week - I might have seen them briefly in the past but I never recall seeing them so prominent.

Also, lots of Scrooge - both in Toontown and in the Christmas parade... was excited about that, as he never gets any credit.

How are these assignments given out? Occasionally I'll see someone super-obscure and think someone just got a little bored in the character zoo that day...

(Still pleased from the single time circa 2001 I saw llama Kuzco at MGM...)

Who is the one returning?

at the Studios, Sorcerer Mickey will be returning.

As for the teardrop in Toon Town, for right now it is used for training day as is the alleyway by American Adventure in Epcot. There is no rhyme or reason that I can figure out for the characters they bring out other than what is available in your height range that you can't see in the Judge's tent or the Hall of Fame.

Town Square has a bevy of characters. In the morning it is Horace and Clarabell, Chip & Dale, Pluto, Chicken Little, Pinocchio, Mary Poppins and Bert, sometimes Daisy, a little later they add Snow White and Dopey. In the afternoon it is Jiminy Cricket and Susie and Perla.

Out near Toon Town right now is Scrooge McDuck and Donald in his "hunting" outfit.

Soon they are redoing the Hall of Fame and while the fur characters will go to logical places, the princesses will, rumor has it, go to the tear drop with strategically placed bushes to allow a non stop time of princess magic. I wouldn't want to have to wait in line in the middle of the smoking section, yuck. I hope they move the smoking section.

The Tramaine family seems to be a fixture now along with the Fairy Godmother. They are near the Cinderella fountain.

from what i've seen somme characters are only out at special times we went to mgm on valentines day and saw characters from atlantis and hercules and jiminy cricket nd white rabbit at mnsshp

Too add a little to what Stitch's Mom said, a CM told me recently that on Valentine's Day, A LOT of the Disney couples would be out that never make appearances anymore (from movies like Hercules, Mulan, etc.) plus the more popular couples too. Anyone who is "friends" with the characters know anything about this?

WDWKat26

Too add a little to what Stitch's Mom said, a CM told me recently that on Valentine's Day, A LOT of the Disney couples would be out that never make appearances anymore (from movies like Hercules, Mulan, etc.) plus the more popular couples too. Anyone who is "friends" with the characters know anything about this?

That used to happen, but hasn't recently from what i've been told.

drew81

I was there on Valentines Day 2006 and they didnt have it. That's part of the reason I was there.

Some of the ones I wanted to see were
Mulan/Shang
Milo Thatch/Kida
Phoebus/Esmerelda

ann0d

OK don’t jump down my throat if these aren't new but we saw Brother Bears in Canada, and Jiminy Cricket in AK. Never saw either of those before, so they were new for me.

echoscot

Don't worry we would never jump down your throat...

JUST DON"T EVERE DO IT AGAIN>>>>LOL Just kidding.

That is cool that you saw them. They are becoming more popular in the parks.

Jiminy Cricket is actually the official host for Spectromagic Parade at the MK.

joanna71985

I was there on Valentines Day 2006 and they didnt have it. That's part of the reason I was there.

Some of the ones I wanted to see were
Mulan/Shang
Milo Thatch/Kida
Phoebus/Esmerelda

I would LOVE to see Shang and Phoebus. But I have a feeling they are gone for good.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom