New Characters?

echoscot

OK that's amazing... My brother and I had been joking about Clarabelle and Horace being everywhere, and wondered why they hadn't trotted out a Clara as well. Guess they beat us to it.

As to Horace and Clarabelle being staples since 2006, I think that's pretty nifty but also bizarre... wonder who was behind that? They had a huge queue when I saw them and I wanted to go down the line and poll everyone to see exactly how many people knew who they were. I can't imagine that many kids today would even have a clue, seeing as the Disney Channel doesn't even show Disney cartoons, much less the very old shorts that they would have been in.

My guess was that a lot of parents would wait until the characters signed the books, sneak a peak, and then pretend to their kids that they knew all along. "Oh, it's HORACE honey..." hehe

So when do we see Oswald?

In the early to mid 80's we used to have a Character show in Fantasyland that featured her called "Fantasy Follies"

drew81

OK that's amazing... My brother and I had been joking about Clarabelle and Horace being everywhere, and wondered why they hadn't trotted out a Clara as well. Guess they beat us to it.

As to Horace and Clarabelle being staples since 2006, I think that's pretty nifty but also bizarre... wonder who was behind that? They had a huge queue when I saw them and I wanted to go down the line and poll everyone to see exactly how many people knew who they were. I can't imagine that many kids today would even have a clue, seeing as the Disney Channel doesn't even show Disney cartoons, much less the very old shorts that they would have been in.

My guess was that a lot of parents would wait until the characters signed the books, sneak a peak, and then pretend to their kids that they knew all along. "Oh, it's HORACE honey..." hehe

There's been rumors of Oswald coming to the parks, but if and when that happens is anyone's guess....

echoscot

There's been rumors of Oswald coming to the parks, but if and when that happens is anyone's guess....

Does Disney have the rights to him again?

Walt lost them to Charles Mintz a looooong time ago...

Part of the reason for the hold off on Roger Rabbit was because of shared rights to him.(I'm not a big RR fan, so it didn't really bother me *puts up flame guards*)

drew81

You even know their names, that is awesome...

I get so frustrated with guests yelling "Hey go stand over there by who is that? Minnie Mouse or them cartoony girls":shrug:

I was at MVMCP this past weekend and I think the Country Bears were surprised I knew their name....Wendell and I went on the Magic Carpets which was pretty cool.

echoscot

I was at MVMCP this past weekend and I think the Country Bears were surprised I knew their name....Wendell and I went on the Magic Carpets which was pretty cool.

Wow, that he got to ride with you was awesome...when I was friends with some of the characters, we would get in trouble for going on rides...unless it was prearranged.

drew81

Does Disney have the rights to him again?

Walt lost them to Charles Mintz a looooong time ago...

Part of the reason for the hold off on Roger Rabbit was because of shared rights to him.(I'm not a big RR fan, so it didn't really bother me *puts up flame guards*)

Yes, Disney now has the full rights to Oswald. They re-acquired him from Universal. His DVD just came out on December 11th. Out of repsect to Walt, I hope someday he will be a meet n greet character at WDW.

echoscot

Yes, Disney now has the full rights to Oswald. They re-acquired him from Universal. His DVD just came out on December 11th. Out of repsect to Walt, I hope someday he will be a meet n greet character at WDW.

That is so awesome....I hope so too. I guess we have to correct Uncle Walt's old phrase now "remember it all started with a rabbit":D

I hope Mickey doesn't get jealous:lookaroun

drew81

Wow, that he got to ride with you was awesome...when I was friends with some of the characters, we would get in trouble for going on rides...unless it was prearranged.

I saw Wendell and on Friday night at the party and I went back on Sunday night. Wendell knew me ;) and I came back at 11 and we rode. Last year I rode the Carpets with Aladdin many times. We didn't get off. That was pretty cool!

echoscot

I saw Wendell and on Friday night at the party and I went back on Sunday night. Wendell knew me ;) and I came back at 11 and we rode. Last year I rode the Carpets with Aladdin many times. We didn't get off. That was pretty cool!

Did he start singing "A Whole New World"?:ROFLOL:

drew81

That is so awesome....I hope so too. I guess we have to correct Uncle Walt's old phrase now "remember it all started with a rabbit":D

I hope Mickey doesn't get jealous:lookaroun

Mickey is always going to be Mickey....but if Oswald does ever come I think he would be accepted well

Keyda

They were featured in Kingdom Hearts 2 and are also seen on House of Mouse on a pretty regular basis.

Sir Hiss527

Was there a celebration back in either the 90's or the new millenium where the villians, and the heros (Mickey, Donald, etc) won for the day, based on votes from the guests? It was something along those lines. I just remembered it, and was curious if anyone else remembers the name of the event.

joanna71985

That's cool you got to ride with Wendell this year.:)

I remember that!

drew81

That's cool you got to ride with Wendell this year.:)

Yeah, we had fun on the Magic Carpets! There was hardly anyone around. One of the music groups came over and played some songs and Big Al and Wendell were out dancing with kids. It reminded me of last year.

joanna71985

Yeah, we had fun on the Magic Carpets! There was hardly anyone around. One of the music groups came over and played some songs and Big Al and Wendell were out dancing with kids. It reminded me of last year.

Was it the Notorious Banjo Brothers and Bob? That's the band from last year.

I wish I were there.:( I miss my bears. Mvmcp was the highlight of my CP.

kcw

Imagine being Horace Horsecollar and hearing all day, "Hi Clarabelle! Hi...um...**leans over to attendant** who is that?"

Or getting called:
Goofy
Cow
Mr. Cow
Bull
Moose
Clarabelle

have you seen the list of different names Frozone has been called? It's up in the breakroom at animation- before I left there were over 200 I believe- and they're hilarious!!!

Back when Pluto and I used to be good friends hanging out at the Studios...an adult guest came over and said, in a thick British accent (no offense to British, but I love the accent and that just added to the moment)

"Goofy, Goofy, excuse me...but how come your collar says Pluto?"

And then stared at me for a few minutes.

I thought, "Do I smack you now or later?":hammer:

I was hanging out with Pluto once at Liberty Tree- there's a family with two kids who want Pluto's autograph but Pluto had already seen them and signed their book- Pluto pointed to the autograph they already had, and the dad says "how funny, Goofy says he doesn't want to sign next to Pluto!" So Pluto is laughing at how a guest can be so lost, but signs the book, again, right next to where Pluto signed it the first time. The dad takes the book, looks at it, and then proceeds to hand Pluto the second kid's book- open to the same spot where Pluto signed his the first time too..... So Pluto sighed and signed it again.... and lost all faith in those dumb humans :brick: :ROFLOL:

echoscot

have you seen the list of different names Frozone has been called? It's up in the breakroom at animation- before I left there were over 200 I believe- and they're hilarious!!!

I was hanging out with Pluto once at Liberty Tree- there's a family with two kids who want Pluto's autograph but Pluto had already seen them and signed their book- Pluto pointed to the autograph they already had, and the dad says "how funny, Goofy says he doesn't want to sign next to Pluto!" So Pluto is laughing at how a guest can be so lost, but signs the book, again, right next to where Pluto signed it the first time. The dad takes the book, looks at it, and then proceeds to hand Pluto the second kid's book- open to the same spot where Pluto signed his the first time too..... So Pluto sighed and signed it again.... and lost all faith in those dumb humans :brick: :ROFLOL:

Oh the joys of characters...

drew81

Wow, how can people not know the Disney Characters!:brick:
I love how guests think June is Dora, Handy Manny is Bob the Builder, Chip n Dale are Alvin & The Chipmunks etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom