New Castaway Club Gift

jme

Found a picture of the new bag (from a Silver member - indicated that colors may vary depending on club level?)
1477529_10202776061432014_1482370232_n.jpg

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Bummer. My hubby was looking forward to getting the backpack on our February cruise.

Anyone with an extra backpack want to trade when I get the new tote? :p

ChuckElias

Bummer. My hubby was looking forward to getting the backpack on our February cruise.

Anyone with an extra backpack want to trade when I get the new tote? :p
I have a backpack to trade, but will be getting a new tote on January 4. You have pins to trade??? :D

Last edited:

RickEff

Found a picture of the new bag (from a Silver member - indicated that colors may vary depending on club level?)
1477529_10202776061432014_1482370232_n.jpg

They are indeed based on the level of Castaway membership. We just came back from a back to back 4/3 day cruise. On the 4 day we were silver members and got the silver bag - on the 3 day we were gold and have the gold bag! Platinum members get a black bag.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm hearing reports that new CC gift bags are being handed out on recent Dream/Fantasy sailings... a white tote with rope handles. Some people have complaints of them breaking though... any recent cruisers have a picture?

backpacks gone already? wow..

jme

They are indeed based on the level of Castaway membership. We just came back from a back to back 4/3 day cruise. On the 4 day we were silver members and got the silver bag - on the 3 day we were gold and have the gold bag! Platinum members get a black bag.
Care to share a picture of the gold bag?
Also what were the contents of the bag? Still the water bottles and flip flop rice krispy treats?

sweetpee_1993

Care to share a picture of the gold bag?
Also what were the contents of the bag? Still the water bottles and flip flop rice krispy treats?
The backpacks we had gotten over past 1+ years had a keychain & crackers instead of the water bottle & crispy treat. Trust me, I'd rather have gotten that crispy treat. The crackers were pretty funky. Nobody in my family would eat them. We always threw them away.

RickEff

Here's the picture of the gold bag. Inside was a magnetic whiteboard with dry erase markers. Many people had them outside their cabin doors and wrote where they were at the time, or Holiday Messages, etc. I saw one who put a Disney Trivia Question of the day and left the marker for people to write their guesses. It was pretty neat.

Also a Disney Cruise Line Photo Album! I'll post a picture of that too in a short bit.

Attachments

• gold_bag.JPG
    gold_bag.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 51

RickEff

Okay - here's the fold-out photo book. I think it's for Gold members only since we didn't get this with the silver bag (just the magnet in that one)

I have four pictures of it. Closed, opened up (it's a fold out with a hanger) then two close ups of the pages. They're little portholes from each of the Disney Cruise Ships.

Sorry they're so crappy - I'm in a rush to get to work LOL

Photo_Book_Folded.JPG
Unfolded.jpg
Close_up_1.JPG
Close_up_2.JPG

Last edited:

sweetpee_1993

Hmmm....that gold bag isn't something I'd ever use or keep. Prob'ly start leaving them behind. The magnetic dry erase board would be good to have...on cruise lines who don't have Wave phones. LOL! The picture book isn't something I'd use either. It'll prob'ly start being a gift left behind, too. I like the thought of these things, tho. I can imagine deciding on what to gift your return cruisers wouldn't be any easy job.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I prob'ly have a few of the backpacks. Don't need 'em. You want one?
I have 3 backpacks if you want one. Email me your address and it's yours

Thank you, darlins', :inlove: but Chuck and I came to terms ;) (he was kidding about the pin trading, and I gave him my shipping account no.)

And I love my Girls Cruise whiteboard @Kerby626, I use it to keep inventory on my chest freezer.

jme

I can imagine deciding on what to gift your return cruisers wouldn't be any easy job.
I don't think anyone would complain if they got H20 Solar Relief gel. Or free raft/snorkel vouchers for Castaway. Something useful! I like the dry erase boards, sure the Wave phone nullifies their use on board, but at home they can be handy.
The bags were a nice, helpful thing - not so much on this design, but the back pack and the red/black drawstring bag were pretty handy.

sweetpee_1993

I don't think anyone would complain if they got H20 Solar Relief gel. Or free raft/snorkel vouchers for Castaway. Something useful! I like the dry erase boards, sure the Wave phone nullifies their use on board, but at home they can be handy.
The bags were a nice, helpful thing - not so much on this design, but the back pack and the red/black drawstring bag were pretty handy.
Definitely. We've used the backpacks a lot!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Yes, the gold is not very attractive! I'm hoping the black bag looks nice!

I gotta say, last time I didn't bring our dry erase board thinking we would use the wave phones the whole time, and I really missed it! We really needed a wave phone for every single kid and each couple! We didn't want to pay extra for more phones, and there were definitely times it would have been easier to just leave someone a note.

I'm rather excited they're giving those! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom