New attraction preference

CoffeeJedi

CommandoDisney said:
but if u think about it... they dotn really fit anywhere.
i guess that's the nice thing about the Studios, they're a catch-all for any movie-based attractions that don't fit into any of the themed lands of the other parks

arielbabe

sassytink03 said:
I have been waiting for a villians ride for a long time. I think that the villians are seriously misunderstood and I think that DW is long overdue to put something for the fans of the villians.
ive been going on to my mum since i was about 7 that there should be a villains ride because there wouldnt be a disney story without the villians

sbkline

Personally, I think the Incredebiles are stupid and don't belong there. But if they must do it, I think they would fit best at MGM and most certainly not at EPCOT.

CaptainMichael

CoffeeJedi said:
i guess that's the nice thing about the Studios, they're a catch-all for any movie-based attractions that don't fit into any of the themed lands of the other parks
I could not disagree more, and I seriously dislike this mentality. Just because an attraction is based off of a movie does not automatically fit at the Disney Studios. They need to fit the theme just like at any other park!

CoffeeJedi

STR8FAN2005 said:
I could not disagree more, and I seriously dislike this mentality. Just because an attraction is based off of a movie does not automatically fit at the Disney Studios. They need to fit the theme just like at any other park!
well, i guess i meant "nice" in the company's eyes, not the guests'
ideally, DS should go back to its original golden age/Roger Rabbit theming for the majority of the park, and shift to more modern themes only in certain areas

kcnole

Journey to Center of the Earth (AK) - How many ways can I say yes.

Dark ride based on Disney Villains (MK/DS) - eh, I love dark rides but not sure this is what I want.

Australia (AK) - eh, don't think they need another land yet.

Dark ride Village based on B&B Pinocchio and an unmentioned (MK) - Again, I'd need more information.

Indiana Jones Show Replacement with ride (DS) - I hate to lose the Indy show because I love it, but this ride in the park would be met with a loud hurray from me.

Alice's Labrynth leading to a Meet & Greet (MK) - I don't particulary care for the meet and greets, but it could be nice.

Incredible's attraction (EC) - I like the ideas I've heard for an Incredibles attraction but I don't like the idea of it being in Epcot. Put it in the studios and I'm fine with it.

Brother Bear (EC) - If it's the much rumored Canadian ride then I'd love this. The countries desperately need more rides and hopefully we could lose the horrible canadian movie and just make that the queue or exit area.

Addition of 3 new WS countries - Nice, there's been nothing new over there in ages. Can one of them come with a ride too please?

wickedfan07

New Member Here!

Hi everyone, I'm new on the boards. I've been reading them for a while and finally decided to post. Now on to the topic at hand...

I'd like to see something new in Animal Kingdom, and Australia would be cool. I wonder if they have considered a South American/Rainforest theme. (Its something to do with Camp Minnie-Mickey.)

Brother Bear doesn't bother me in Epcot, especially if its a rapids ride in Canada. (Is there room around there?) However, The Incredibles does bother me in Epcot. I can see Nemo and friends at Living Seas, but I just can't picture The Incredibles in Future World.

As for the three new countries in World Showcase, I would welcome it! They have room to build over by the Outpost. I'd also like to see some kind of mountain-themed roller-coaster near Italy and Germany (the Alps), but I know that's an old idea. World Showcase could use some new life in the form of a ride or two.

Disney Villains in Magic Kingdom would nice, depending on how its done. And since I'm not a big fan of the Studios, I don't have an opinion on an Indiana Jones ride, other than the Studios needs something on that side of the park.

Thanks for reading. :)

sbkline

I would like to see some new countries in the World Showcase, but if space is an issue, I think I may prefer to add a ride or two to the existing countries rather than add new countries. However, I don't know how much extra room they have behind each pavillion, so they may have room to expand the countries to the rear by adding rides, as well as room to add some new countries.

I wouldn't mind an Australia pavillion...especially if it was complimented by an Australia at Animal Kingdom. Perhaps Russia and, as someone else has said, Greece.

Journey to Center of the Earth (AK)-sounds good

Dark ride based on Disney Villains (MK/DS)-sounds good

Australia (AK)-Most Definitely

Dark ride Village based on B&B, Pinocchio and an unmentioned (MK)-I wouldn't mind

Indiana Jones Show Replacement with ride (DS)-I'd rather leave the show and add the ride

Alice's Labrynth leading to a Meet & Greet (MK)-sounds okay

Incredible's attraction (EC)-how 'bout let's not and say we did

Brother Bear (EC)-possibly...depending how it's done. Making it a ride in Canada sounds okay

Pongo

I say the three new countries should be Luxembourg, Monaco, and the Vatican City.

Or is there a rule that says the World Showcase country has to be smaller than the actual country? :veryconfu

If so, then nevermind.

autumndawn1006

I would love to see Australia added to AK. There would be some much to expand on. The animals are awesome, and it would be really cool to see a D or E ride with a great barrier reef theme. The new roller coaster in Paris with Krush would also fit in. A circlevision could be added, there is just so much land still in AK, and I think it is the park with the greatest potential, IMHO.

OmegaKnight

Other than close down WoL for good, one change I would love to see happen to Epcot is a Monsters, Inc overlay for Universe of Energy. That show would have the ability to not only draw children into it, but it would be extremely entertaining and fit in perfectly with the theme.

BTW, most of the attractions probably will never come to more than "dream attractions" than being actually constructed in the parks.

epcotfreak1224

i would love to see australia in animal kingdom. u could do so much with it. also, i think EPCOT needs some new countries. tha part of the park hasnt gotten a change in forever. i really don't have an opinion of journey to the center of the earth because i don't know that much about it. and i would love to get the indiana jones ride but i would miss the show. but i think indiana would fit better in Mk in adventureland or in AK but MGM does need a new ride badly.

TheTruth

I think of all the ideas the Villains has the most potential to be a real winner over time. I really like the idea of a ride like Spiderman in Universal based on the Incredibles. However I'm not a huge fan of expanding the Pixar influence in the parks. I would be more than happy to see something grow out of the movies that Disney still has in it's arsenal that never get used. Maybe it's just me but there seems to be a LOT of Nemo stuff getting put up. No offense to Nemo mind you...just remember about ten years ago when you couldn't blink and not see something Lion King? That got burned out REAL quick (by quick of course I mean 8 years or so...quick by theme park rules lol). I think if they want to something water related (following Nemo thread) I think maybe Atlantis would be cool. You never know what the people might like. But the Austrailia...I'm TOTALLY behind. Plus rides in the WS at Epcot. Something small but SOMETHING. A Pinochio Boat ride in Germany...a Mary Poppins dark ride in England...a Mulan themed Japanese kids dragon coaster...something. But pound for pound, I'm all for a ride in Magic Kingdom based on Gargoyles. Sorry...I'm a sucker for them.

Plutoboy

Original Poster
Sorry guys.... I should have been a little more clearer on what B&B is going to be... Beauty & the Beast and I asked about the other dark rides... Pinocchio and Alice is what she saw. These would go in the place of 20,000 leagues...as discussed in other posts and has been the long running rumor.

Also... EC has plenty of room for three more countries. There is the spot where Africa was meant to go and then, the Imagineer in attendance, mentioned near the World Gateway and near Milleniium Village.

aliceinwonder

I think a fantastic idea would be A Little Mermaid ride in the lagoon in FantasyLand!!!! I also would love a Beauty and the Beast ride of some kind.

SirGoofy

Journey to the Center of the Earth, by far. It looks like one of the best themed attractions ever. Plus it has some great AAs.

Plutoboy

Original Poster
I can't remember because it's late but I know that the majority of the lagoon is gone!! It's been replaced with a Pooh Bear playground..... I honestly have not been near the Grotto since they made the change so I'm not sure if there any water there or not. A Little Mermaid attraction was in the plans for a while but they could not get some of the kinks worked out.

sbkline

Plutoboy said:
I can't remember because it's late but I know that the majority of the lagoon is gone!! It's been replaced with a Pooh Bear playground..... I honestly have not been near the Grotto since they made the change so I'm not sure if there any water there or not. A Little Mermaid attraction was in the plans for a while but they could not get some of the kinks worked out.

Are you talking about the EPCOT lagoon?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom