New attraction preference

Scar Junior

tnchefbear said:
I really doubt they would put any countries where the Millenium Village is because that is now a banquet facility with a Private enterance and the Catering Kitchens for EPCOT

Millenium Village was where our college program graduation was. It was very nice inside and definitely big enough for a new country to be done well.

I would love to see greece, with some Hercules tie (show or ride), sit down rest. and a gyro quick service stand. Perhaps a lunch/dinner show with Hercules on stage. Something educational too... focusing on the country's contribution to mankind.

jedimaster1227

tirian said:
...BTW, Jedimaster, I love your avatar. It brings me back to the good ol' days... let's hope that the Imagination pavilion gets the rumored refurb! :)

Thanks! :wave: I hope so too!

As for the D-MGM-versus-AK argument, good reasons exist for both to get new attractions. The D/MGM Studios is now a 3/4-day park, but relies too much on shows that don't warrant repeated visits. AK needs more, too. Four good attractions (KS, E:E, Kali RR, and Dinosaur) don't make a theme park. Furthermore, AK's walking-to-attraction ratio is terrible. You really do spend more time walking among gift carts than actually doing anything. The animal trails are nice, but are basically a zoo.

Overall, I think that the Studios needs a new attraction first. AK's detail and theming are much more submersive than the Studios', and since the park relies on animals, closing early is all right (for now). The Studios has Fantasmic, and it needs better reasons than butt-numbing shows to keep people in the park from opening 'til dark. The back half of the park also suffers from an identity crisis. Either way, both parks need C- and D- ticket attractions to fill them out.

On the subject of the Studios vs. Animal Kingdom attraction battle, I would say that the Studios are in much more dire need of something more than just Midway Mania (And WE WILL be seeing something more soon). The Studios have always been relying on shows-except for the Great Movie Ride and Tower of Terror. Sure, when it finally recieved RNR, attendance went up, but not dramatically (also, the attendance spike didn't last more than a year). Shows are normally only viewed once by a family during their visit. Rides have the ability to sustain a guests interest after more than one time. MGM needs a new attraction and a new themed area-featuring more than one attraction (Both of which are happening-one long rumored and one virtually confirmed).

Animal Kingdom is still a growing park, but if Joe Rhode had his way, he would have added the dreaded Beastly Kingdom when the park opened years ago. Plans change and budgets do too, but Animal Kindom was up until the opening of Everest, an unfinished park. With the addition of Everest and Nemo, the park will be able to sustain itself for another three years before attendance will begin to lag again and a new attraction will be required. (Oh, and just a side note on AK- Dinosaur is a cheap and pathetic attempt at taking the Indiana Jones Adventure and adding Dinosaurs. The lights were so dim, that you couldn't see anything around you-much like you are bouncing around in the darkness of nothing.)

I think that both parks are in need of new attractions but AK is in less need now that Everest is open and Nemo is coming. MGM will be the first to be updated, followed by Epcot, then Magic Kingdom and finally AK again.

I really doubt they would put any countries where the Millenium Village is because that is now a banquet facility with a Private enterance and the Catering Kitchens for EPCOT

They have the same thing in Odyssey. They could afford to use other facilities before the Millenium Celebration, so why couldn't they now?

p.s. Long posts make the thread more interesting...:D

cameraguy

jedimaster1227 said:
I think that both parks are in need of new attractions but AK is in less need now that Everest is open and Nemo is coming. MGM will be the first to be updated, followed by Epcot, then Magic Kingdom and finally AK again.

I couldn't agree more! Let's cross our fingures and hope it happens, and happens soon!

HandyAndy

Ok I hate to be the guy to ask the stoopid questions, but has MM officially been announced yet? If not, could it be announced along with one of these (if they are true)? But I wouldn't be expecting an announcement about these for a while, theyve just got pirates re-opened, with those Nemo attractions shortly on the horizon!

CaptainMichael

HandyAndy said:
Ok I hate to be the guy to ask the stoopid questions, but has MM officially been announced yet? If not, could it be announced along with one of these (if they are true)? But I wouldn't be expecting an announcement about these for a while, theyve just got pirates re-opened, with those Nemo attractions shortly on the horizon!
No, but for all intents and purposes, it's happening. October 1st is when the new celebration begins, so we may hear something then. Even The Laugh Floor hasn't been "officially" announced. It would sure be nice to get an official synopsis and concept art.

jedimaster1227

STR8FAN2005 said:
No, but for all intents and purposes, it's happening. October 1st is when the new celebration begins, so we may hear something then. Even The Laugh Floor hasn't been "officially" announced. It would sure be nice to get an official synopsis and concept art.

Actually, the name and several details were confirmed last week about the Laugh Floor Comedy Club.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Lots of scantily clad babes handing out free beer and Jack with Motorhead as the houseband. Not sure what area of the MK that would be best themed to. Fantasyland perhaps

cameraguy

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Lots of scantily clad babes handing out free beer and Jack with Motorhead as the houseband. Not sure what area of the MK that would be best themed to. Fantasyland perhaps

:lol: That one gets my vote. LOL

DFD111

Hi,

I just had lunch with my cousin, who is friends with a person who works with the daughter of a friend of a neighbor that knows someone who works for Disney management and said that there is not going to be any addition of attractions to four current parks in Florida, that they were going to allow them to make money for a little while and concentrate on building up Tokyo Disney, Hong Kong Disney, and Disneyland Paris, before pouring resources into WDW to prepare it for its HUGE Celebration in 2011 when the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World will turn 40 years old and need to borrow attractions from Parks around the Globe to celebrate. :hammer: :wave:

CaptainMichael

jedimaster1227 said:
Actually, the name and several details were confirmed last week about the Laugh Floor Comedy Club.
Not from an official Disney press release:wave: Though, they most likely will be at some point. I want concept art!

CaptainMichael

DisneyDellsDude said:
I must have seen you post that 10 times already! :lol:
And I'll keep posting it until it sinks into people's brains all over the world, and I never have to hear that God-awful name "Midway Mania/Madness" ever again! Plus, it is a tribute to Millionaire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom