New announcement.. "the year of we ain"t doing nothing.."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, I was there over the weekend and didn't really experience those issues that your ramblings suggest.....

And I suppose the whole FLE, the work on MSUSA, the new resorts, and all of the assorted ongoing special events fall under your categorization?

Anything to pi$$ and moan these days, I suppose. I would blame the summer onslaught of stupidity for this thread, but seeing that you're 54.....

I couldn't agree more!! I was there in January and didn't notice any of the things that were mentioned or any other budget cuts for that matter. I guess "nothing" means all the painting and refurbs that Disney does each year to keep everything nice and fresh too! I have nothing against Universal but the introduction of Harry Potter was their first major expansion in 10 years! Every huge expansion takes time and who knows what is still under wraps. Disney is never going to be the "thrill ride" park that Universal is. Disney has a story behind each attraction and they take the time to make sure that story is created in detail, and conveyed through the ride. I will be waiting patiently for all the expansions to be completed!:animwink:

Testtrack321

TDO makes plenty of stupid decisions (see Pleasure Island & the new stage at DtD that doesn't have a backstage area.) But if they approve something and let WDI create it then they're fine.

What people should realize is that we're not saying Disney shouldn't build anything, or that they shouldn't be planning new attractions now. What I'm saying is that look at additions at other parks and you'll see Disney has done A LOT.

raven

TDO makes plenty of stupid decisions (see Pleasure Island & the new stage at DtD that doesn't have a backstage area.) But if they approve something and let WDI create it then they're fine.

What people should realize is that we're not saying Disney shouldn't build anything, or that they shouldn't be planning new attractions now. What I'm saying is that look at additions at other parks and you'll see Disney has done A LOT.

You have it the other way around. WDI comes up with the idea first, TDO approves it (or not), then WDI goes forward with it. TDO doesn't actually "create" anything...except for a mess. :lol:

The new concept for PI (Hyperion Warf) was all of WDI's idea. And by the way, DTD is far from being complete. :animwink:

And yes, Disney has done a lot. Maybe not all on the park front but there have been lots of improvements and additions to the property in the past recent years. We mustn't compair it to Universal because they simply don't have all of the offereings that Disney does to it's guests. It's not fair to compair the two.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Dont you know that every single acre of forest, lake, pond, and field in the entire WDW property needs to be leveled and had a unique, mind-blowing E-Ticket attraction to it? The monorail should travel at nothing less than 100mph. The ferry boats should be replaced with jet boats. If Disney researchers are not working on a functioning teleport device to allow me to spend my morning at Magic Kingdom and my afternoon at Tokyo DisneySea, they are wasting their time! Instead of updating Star Tours, they should have built an actual functioning Death Star and taken out Universal once and for all. Disney has 100 gazillion dollars and should spend every single solitary penny on creating as many new E-ticket attractions as they can.

WIN :sohappy:

zooey

25z0z8j.jpg

Crockett

Banned
Disney world isn't hardly doing anything.. NO major rides.. and the Fanstasy Land Upgrade, is minor at best..
You're always welcome to add worthy additions to your mega theme-park resort if you so elect to. Free country, and nobody here is standing in your way.

Share pics of your progress.

Wilt Dasney

I can't believe all the people who don't appreciate this thread. It's been the highlight of my day. :lol:

WaltDis4Life

Star Tours II - The only thing I'd actually consider major for this year.
FLE - While it's nice that they're adding water features, and a pretty beautiful D-Ticket, and a meh D-Ticket, everything else is negligible.
Animation Resort - I don't know what to say... Decals and windows are ugly together, the rooms are cute, but barely functional, I honestly don't understand all the hype.
Everything Else - Routine maintenance, so nothing special

Now if we were going to compare theme parks, I'd have to compare WDW to Dollywood, and here comes the gunfire...

P.S. - Crockett, your post below me made me seriously laugh out loud, and I just thought I should mention that.

MaryJaneP

As has been pointed out before, I am glad they "ain't doing nothing" as this certainly means they will assuredly be doing something this year and I look forward to whatever it is. Looking forward to the 4Dth.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think we're giving the OP way too much credit here. Unintentional comedy is just that.....

artdeco

I am not usually one to point out someone elses grammer as I make mistakes too...But did anyone else notice that using the word "ain't" and "nothing" together actually means the opposite?

As has been pointed out before, I am glad they "ain't doing nothing" as this certainly means they will assuredly be doing something...

Do you grammarians think the Rolling Stones song should be, "I Can't Get Any [Satisfaction]"?

maskdesmith

I enjoy this post because it makes me think of the raccoon on splash mountain that has looked like he had a stroke for the past year. Also, are they ever gonna finish the descent on sse?:lookaroun

bjlc57

Original Poster
Comcast intends to buy Blackstone Group’s 50 percent stake in its two Orlando theme parks, TheWrap has learned.

Comcast is expected to pay between $1 billion to $1.5 billion to become the full owner of Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure, according to an individual with knowledge of the deal.

The deal must be finalized by June 12 in order to prevent Blackstone from shopping the property elsewhere.

The Comcast board has not yet approved the purchase, but is expected to do so, according to the knowledgeable individual.

A spokesman for Comcast had no comment when reached by TheWrap. A representative for Blackstone did not respond to a request for comment.

A filing in March by Blackstone, one of the world's largest private equity firms with assets of $18 billion, revealed that it was shopping its stake in the two Orlando parks, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.

Analysts have previously speculated that the Orlando-based theme park could cost NBC-Universal’s new corporate parent on the order of $1.55 billion.

Though Comcast has had to make the decision less than six months after taking over the property with its acquisition of NBC Universal, the theme park has been performing exceedingly well.

Thanks largely to the success of a new ride in 2010, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, revenues at the theme park increased over 40 percent to $1.1 billion last year, according to public filings.

During Comcast’s first quarter controlling NBC Universal, the theme park division grew 16 percent to $95 million.

Blackstone bought its stake for $2 billion from the Rank Group in 2000.

bjlc57

Original Poster
four lines from the bottom of my last post says it all. a 40% increase!

that's a lot of beans..

and again, WHILE MY POST WAS A FARCE.. which is the second time I stated this, Disney isn't answering the Harry Potter landslide.

and while you may rip me, for stuff that you know NOTHING ABOUT, in the end, what I am saying has a ton of truth in it..

and don't tell me that this expansion of a couple of D or less value rides is going to stem the tide that Harry Potter has generated.

the reason for my post was the two previous threads , one of whishing for DISNEY SEA and the other begging for some major announcement in October.

neither of which are in Jack Sparrow's compass.

I mean, think of this, Disney isn't saying how great the latest Pirates movie is doing HERE.. but Bragging that its the number one movie in the world.. because its getting beat here at the box office. its spin and spin and more spin.

so self defenders of the Disney is PERFECT.. have at it.. rip away into the night..

the bottom line is that UNIVERSAL Increased business by 40% . .and Disney doesn't have an answer to that statement. not one at all.

and MORE IS COMING. not less ..
When you stand still in business you are FALLING BEHIND.. some one much smarter then me made that EXTREMELY TRUE STATEMENT..

have at it..

wizards8507

From the OP: THE YEAR of "WE AIN"T DOING NOTHING"

I am not usually one to point out someone elses grammer as I make mistakes too...But did anyone else notice that using the word "ain't" and "nothing" together actually means the opposite?

Lol @ the grammar police tying to make things proper but not having a problem with the usage of "ain't" in and of itself.

zooey

Whenever someone comes in with a sky is falling diatribe, people tend to become defensive. We all love Walt Disney World, but we don't have much of a say in how it is run. People can only speak with their wallets when it comes to a company as big a Disney. This means you have to pick and choose your battles, and realize the frivolous nature of such a thing as WDW, as much as we all care about it. I'm not going to arbitrarily turn cynical on something that brings me so much joy just because they don't do exactly what I want. Can you still walk down Main Street and get goosebumps? I can. HP is fine. Not my cup of tea. But then again I'm not much of a theme park fan, but I'm a huge Disney fan. I'm more excited about what they have going on with Star Tours and FLE than Universal's Despicable Me and whatever else. Competition is good, but you have to also understand that Disney has been miles and miles ahead of Universal until Spider-Man and now Harry Potter. Disney is STILL way, way ahead of them. Disney will rest on its laurels until they feel a bigger push. That time will come. I mean, if you need to ruin something you once enjoyed, go ahead, but don't expect everyone else to jump off that cliff with you. It's just not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom