New announcement.. "the year of we ain"t doing nothing.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinlock

Your post is...well....bizarre, but I will respond. Quite frankly, you do sound like an average guest - which interestingly enough makes me wonder why you would even join any type of Disney discussion group, given that your indifference is obvious. There are MANY people who go to the parks and do not notice the scaling back of cast members, the decreasing quality of food, the lack of maintenance on various attractions ..... If you think we go to WDW and don't have a good time and just complain, that's crazy - but we know when something is being ignored or a problem is getting out of hand. I assure you that if no one cared and watched out for it - the average guest's experience wouldn't be as magical as it is - and there would be no point to Disney holding themselves to a higher standard. .....

Ugh.. why do we always have to have the "ROAR, I'm a bigger Disney fan than you are" comments? "Average guests" don't go 2-3 times a month like that gentleman does. All he's saying is no matter what Disney does there are 10 people who always know better than Disney and will slather that all over these forums. We ALL know the prices are rising and in many ways the quality is dropping, but he was saying that some us need to stop running around with our little notebooks and Mickey pens every trip looking for complaints and just enjoy yourself. Why attack a guy for basically saying that he still enjoys the parks???? Isn't that why he would "join any type of Disney discussion group"? :zipit:

BTW, sshindel, loved your post earlier!!

Spinlock

..and didn't you all hear? Disney is just putting Johnny Depp in ALL the rides to make them more popular!
Depp dolls singing It's a Small World...
Cosmic Rays featuring Johnny Eclipse...
Johnny will be the 1,000th ghost....
Jack Sparrow replacing Captain Hook in Peter Pan...
Jack Sparrow is even going to fly out of the castle before the Fireworks instead of Tinkerbell!!!
If a good idea works once..... Savvy?:cry:

musketeer

Is this a serious post?! Really? What else would you want? I guess they also need to expand HS and Epcot and AK, expand monorail, and then offer you a free week all at the same time. That will make u happy. Good god, this thread is pathetic and sad.

Serious is such a vague word. The starter of this thread believes that years ago, as part of the attraction, the temple collapsed (or something like that) in the Jungle Cruise, and that real cannon balls flew over your head in Pirates of the Caribbean. One of the best threads ever quite a while ago now. Legendary even today.

Many who have posted on this thread remember it well.

stitch2008

four lines from the bottom of my last post says it all. a 40% increase!

that's a lot of beans..

and again, WHILE MY POST WAS A FARCE.. which is the second time I stated this, Disney isn't answering the Harry Potter landslide.

and while you may rip me, for stuff that you know NOTHING ABOUT, in the end, what I am saying has a ton of truth in it..

and don't tell me that this expansion of a couple of D or less value rides is going to stem the tide that Harry Potter has generated.

the reason for my post was the two previous threads , one of whishing for DISNEY SEA and the other begging for some major announcement in October.

neither of which are in Jack Sparrow's compass.

I mean, think of this, Disney isn't saying how great the latest Pirates movie is doing HERE.. but Bragging that its the number one movie in the world.. because its getting beat here at the box office. its spin and spin and more spin.

so self defenders of the Disney is PERFECT.. have at it.. rip away into the night..

the bottom line is that UNIVERSAL Increased business by 40% . .and Disney doesn't have an answer to that statement. not one at all.

and MORE IS COMING. not less ..
When you stand still in business you are FALLING BEHIND.. some one much smarter then me made that EXTREMELY TRUE STATEMENT..

have at it..

Ok, if you insist. 40% increase huh? Well thats great for IoA. They've had massive drops in attendance so its great they finally are getting people back. Let's see if they keep going back.

And Disney hasn't done anything? Not true sir. Maybe they haven't added big massive E-tickets to compete. But they still have done things.

I would hardly say nothing is happening. Outside of California Adventure, I don't think there is any US resort that is getting anywhere near the additions of WDW.

Just off the top of my head
Star Tours II
New Haunted Mansion queue and Hitchhiking Ghosts scene
Magic, Memories and You
Town Square Theater
Complete refurb of all Main Street Exteriors
Wild Africa Trek
New Tiki room

2012 - 2013
New Dumbo
Little Mermaid
Snow White coaster
New Fantasyland restaurants and place-making
Art of Animation Resort

+ whatever else will be announced, which is likely.

Add in possibly Brazil to WS, and Monsters Inc Coaster to DHS and thats a big list. I

El Grupo

Just a couple of thoughts to consider...

In 2004, Brian Roberts, Comcast CEO, made a hostile takeover bid for the Walt Disney Co. I suspect that fact is not lost on the folks in Burbank, and they will do all within their power to maintain their share in Orlando, especially if Mr. Roberts is heavily involved with Universal.

Also, Apple continues to report record profits. The question on the minds of many is where will they invest some of their earnings. I wouldn't be surprised to see them increase their interest in Disney. The infusion of funds could be used in the parks.

El Grupo

Wooooowwwwww, you would think some of you people owned a part of disney or profit from them some kind of way as much as you guys try to take up for them. BJLC57 has right to his own opinion ,which i might add has some truth to it. It doesnt make him a whiner, he has a right to feel how he wants.Hey BJLC57 dont pay any mind to these die hard disney fans, they have nothing better to do than blog and insult people's opinions 'All DAY'. Its usally the 8,000 or more blog club who has smart things to say.You have to understand, they have NO LIFE, thats why they're post number is so high, i guess thats what makes them think they own a part of disney lol. Ill prove it to you BJLC57, you and WANNAB@DIS signed up in the same year, you have 600 post and they have close to 9,000 lol, which proves that they have no life.Proof is in the pudding, just watch how many people critique my post lol. Keep your opinions coming bjlc57

Just so that I am clear, are you saying that having fewer posts equates to having more of a life?

_Scar

Just a couple of thoughts to consider...

In 2004, Brian Roberts, Comcast CEO, made a hostile takeover bid for the Walt Disney Co. I suspect that fact is not lost on the folks in Burbank, and they will do all within their power to maintain their share in Orlando, especially if Mr. Roberts is heavily involved with Universal.

Also, Apple continues to report record profits. The question on the minds of many is where will they invest some of their earnings. I wouldn't be surprised to see them increase their interest in Disney. The infusion of funds could be used in the parks.

Wow, didn't know that.

Dear God, that makes me appreciate WDC even at their worst. A Comcast Mickey Mouse would have made my heart explode.

lazyboy97o

Chad Emerson, on a recent blog post for Blooloop and even on The Season Pass Podcast, has mentioned a new thought he has had regarding the lack of investment in Walt Disney World. He thinks that the Resort has become too large and spread out, and the costs of maintaining this type of system, mainly transportation fuel costs, are starting to cause buggers problems than the company is willing to publicly acknowledge. I think he makes some points worth considering.

Universal Orlando hasn't been "sold to Comcast." Comcast is the parent company of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal owned 50% of the Orlando resort while Blackstone owned the other 50%. What Comcast is doing is purchasing that remaining 50% of the resort that was owned by Blackstone so that NBCUniversal can have full control. That would indicate interest in the parks and more investment, not less.
I don't think Comcast ever wanted the parks. That may have changed since Harry Potter has brought a lot of new revenue, but it's probably more likely that Comcast is purchasing from Blackstone to make it easier to sell the entire unit rather than just their 50% interest.
While not quite sold yet, what is really interesting is the rumored price of 1 - 1.5 billion. That would be some bargain for 50% of Universal parks. Anyone what to chip in a few bucks?
It is far too early to see how interested Comcast is in it's new theme park. It is possible that, since NBC Universal controls most of the intellectual property (which is almost everything at Universal Orlando Resort), they are hoping to eventually sell the Resort, but include a licensing agreement.

Crockett

Banned
Chad Emerson, on a recent blog post for Blooloop and even on The Season Pass Podcast, has mentioned a new thought he has had regarding the lack of investment in Walt Disney World. He thinks that the Resort has become too large and spread out, and the costs of maintaining this type of system, mainly transportation fuel costs, are starting to cause buggers problems than the company is willing to publicly acknowledge. I think he makes some points worth considering.
This does make a very valid point which should be considered. Another speculation I've had is the U.S. economy, and the future of it. Looking at what U.S. job numbers & fuel cost could possibly do over the next decade (regardless of how pretty a picture Washington tries to paint)...wouldn't it be a huge gamble to invest too heavily in U.S. park expansions? Now, my speculation does have some flaws, like considering how WDW thrives on many foreign guests visiting from healthier economies. So I may be way off base. But if I were Disney, and had parks all over the globe like they do...I would be very, very cautious with investing too much $$$ in my U.S. parks...and invest much heavier in global parks in regions that have a more stable/certain economic future.

lazyboy97o

This does make a very valid point which should be considered. Another speculation I've had is the U.S. economy, and the future of it. Looking at what U.S. job numbers & fuel cost could possibly do over the next decade (regardless of how pretty a picture Washington tries to paint)...wouldn't it be a huge gamble to invest too heavily in U.S. park expansions? Now, my speculation does have some flaws, like considering how WDW thrives on many foreign guests visiting from healthier economies. So I may be way off base. But if I were Disney, and had parks all over the globe like they do...I would be very, very cautious with investing too much $$$ in my U.S. parks...and invest much heavier in global parks in regions that have a more stable/certain economic future.
Even Disneyland has a large local population to draw from. On The Season Pass somebody also noted that more people live closer to Busch Garden Tampa than do Walt Disney World. Even with foreign visitors, their coming would be effected by high fuel prices and even then, Disney still has to pay to shuttle them around property.

AEfx

It *would* be nice if Disney would just announce a big major E-ticket (one that people wouldn't quibble or question the rating) that was really a show-stopper.

That said, I'm very happy because if you had asked me what three things I'd want at MK, it would have been to do something about our horrid Fantasyland, which looks like a carnival compared to Disneyland's. And we are getting a new super-duper Snow White ride, a Mermaid ride, and a large scale area based on B&tB. I wouldn't have minded a B&tB dark ride as well, but just the restaurant and the area are going to help our woeful little pathetic Fantasyland reach new heights.

Now if only they would have added an E-ticket Aladdin dark ride, it would be amazing.

I know what the OP is getting at, though - I went a big spell not being at WDW (over two years) due to Disneyland trips and other things. Just went back (and renewed my AP finally), and it was kind of underwhelming in terms of checking out what I had missed - there wasn't much, at all. It does seem like that is changing, though - but it would be nice if we knew after FLE is over there was something big, huge waiting next.

Lucasland has my vote...

devoy1701

Do you anticipate the collapse of the United States or something? I mean I listen to Glenn Beck and all but even I don't buy into that crap. We're also not the only ones experience economic problems...and actually I believe every country that has a Disney Theme park is experiencing a weak economy right now.

hrcollectibles

Now.. while my post is a farce.. you have to admit, that Universal is doing a TON, and Disney world isn't hardly doing anything.. NO major rides.. and the Fanstasy Land Upgrade, is minor at best..

Wow... Universal doing a ton? Rethemeing one ride and upgrading another wow that is a lot..The Fantasyland Expansion is far from minor. Disney isn't doing anything?? Upgraded Star Tours, New Cruise ships and resorts..Nope the mouse house is just sitting there with nothing new on the horizon.

Atomicmickey

I was just starting to think:

How, exactly, does this thread fit into "news and rumors"?

It is just a general discussion topic.

Maybe this should be moved, mods?

jmmc

This line of thinking, I just cannot understand when I see it on here and hear it from other Disney fans. This, to me, is an attitude almost exclusive to the people who visit Disney very often and want something new every single time they go. As if DW will not stay viable unless a big, brand-new attraction opens every single year. And when all that they are doing is listed, the response is that those rides aren't big enough and they don't really count.

But what I really don't follow is why people seem to have the view of an angry stockholder or an executive, upset at the thought that Universal is not being run out of business by DW. Aside from Harry Potter, is anything big planned there? And what about the people who don't care about Harry Potter and won't go to Universal just for that? And why should I, as a DW fan, care that more customers may be going to Universal than before?

I don't see how it's possible to budget a brand new "e-ticket" ride for all four parks on an annual basis as some people seem to want. Maybe you aren't interested in the Fantasyland expansion, but when was the last time the MK was expanded in such a way?

Didn't mean to rant, but I get aggravated by this kind of whining.

Edeyore

While not quite sold yet, what is really interesting is the rumored price of 1 - 1.5 billion. That would be some bargain for 50% of Universal parks. Anyone what to chip in a few bucks?

How about we end all of the confusion and Disney buys the 50%. Then all of the improvements, upgrades and additions will in some way be theirs.

devoy1701

This line of thinking, I just cannot understand when I see it on here and hear it from other Disney fans. This, to me, is an attitude almost exclusive to the people who visit Disney very often and want something new every single time they go. As if DW will not stay viable unless a big, brand-new attraction opens every single year. And when all that they are doing is listed, the response is that those rides aren't big enough and they don't really count.

But what I really don't follow is why people seem to have the view of an angry stockholder or an executive, upset at the thought that Universal is not being run out of business by DW. Aside from Harry Potter, is anything big planned there? And what about the people who don't care about Harry Potter and won't go to Universal just for that? And why should I, as a DW fan, care that more customers may be going to Universal than before?

I don't see how it's possible to budget a brand new "e-ticket" ride for all four parks on an annual basis as some people seem to want. Maybe you aren't interested in the Fantasyland expansion, but when was the last time the MK was expanded in such a way?

Didn't mean to rant, but I get aggravated by this kind of whining.

while the seemingly unanswered Harry Potter area is bothering those of us in the fanbase, I believe the bigger issue is and always will be the maintenance and upkeep of the parks, or lack there of until recent. You and others are blowing it way out of proportion in saying we expect there always to be the next big e-ticket in the works all the time, though there should be a decent mix of rides, attractions, and guest offerings going on virtually all the time at the parks. If they would maintain and keep relevant the attractions that are currently in the parks, you would hear praise much more than you would hear outcry.

Edeyore

Wooooowwwwww, you would think some of you people owned a part of disney or profit from them some kind of way as much as you guys try to take up for them. BJLC57 has right to his own opinion ,which i might add has some truth to it. It doesnt make him a whiner, he has a right to feel how he wants.Hey BJLC57 dont pay any mind to these die hard disney fans, they have nothing better to do than blog and insult people's opinions 'All DAY'. Its usally the 8,000 or more blog club who has smart things to say.You have to understand, they have NO LIFE, thats why they're post number is so high, i guess thats what makes them think they own a part of disney lol. Ill prove it to you BJLC57, you and WANNAB@DIS signed up in the same year, you have 600 post and they have close to 9,000 lol, which proves that they have no life.Proof is in the pudding, just watch how many people critique my post lol. Keep your opinions coming bjlc57

You stutter.

bjlc57

Original Poster
the bottom line is this. Universal shot first.. with major attraction that has seemed to turn their corner.. and when they announce the expansion of Harry Potter Land,, its going to be a double wammy..

You ALL ADMIT, that Disney has two parks that ARE NOT EVEN COMPLETE, in Animal Kingdom and in MGM.. IF Disney , JUST ANNOUNCED two true E TICKET RIDES, one for each Park, it would be a major Help..

and just remember, you are only really gaining "one ride " in Fantasy Land.. because , from what I understand , Disney is going to close the other Snow White ride.. for what reason , I cannot understand.. why can't you have two Snow White rides? its paid for.. its not costing you anything.. its low end..

So again.. besides the UPGRADES.. and what Disney considers "upgrades" isn't always the case..

case in point.. Main street.. Before. a true Magic store.. various, actual stores that had a purpose and a theme.. now its one large store from end to end.. that's not an upgrade..

or a new q or shopping area for HAUNTED MANSION.. oh boy.. a NEW Q.. come on.. or here buy this or that.. that's not an improvement..

Look.. Macy's changed.. Gimbals did not.. Schusters DID NOT.. Gimbals bought Schusters.. and MACY's Bought GIMBALS.. just because you are big,
it doesn't mean that you are too big to FAIL..

so rip me any way that YOU WANT.. come up with my spelling, or anything THAT YOU ABSOLUTELY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT..

its like this girl who we met yesterday.. She bar tends at a bar in LaCrosse. the Mirage.. oh.. I said it used to be the Pink Cadillac.. with a car front out side of the building.. Oh it was NEVER LIKE THAT SHE SAID.. well guess what,, 10 15 years ago.. YES IT WAS.. you were 5 or 6 at the time.. I was 40.

so just because YOU WEREN"T THERE.. it doesn't mean that I did not see it..

that's like how the pirates song and themes have changed.. the PIRATES chased the women back then.. and women were put in low esteem.. the ride doesn't have as much of THAT STUFF NOW..

or the original Aladin song.. trust me, ,its not the song you got in the VIDEO TAPE.. NOT EVEN CLOSE.. a whole section changed..

oh and you should be able to look both of those up.. easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom