New announcement.. "the year of we ain"t doing nothing.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Now.. while my post is a farce.. you have to admit, that Universal is doing a TON, and Disney world isn't hardly doing anything.. NO major rides.. and the Fanstasy Land Upgrade, is minor at best..

I am sorry, but its NOT WHINING, when your direct competitor is Expanding TWICE, while you sit on your hands..

wait until this last HP movie comes out.. oh and I purposely use HENRY POTTER instead of Harry Potter.. as a jab towards Universal..

but when this last movie comes out and does RECORD BOX OFFICE, its going to affect UNIVERSAL IN A BIG WAY.. and its going to be extremely profitable for them..

so go ahead, ,defend the Michael Eisner school of theme parks, because if it continues, MY ORIGINAL POST will not be very far off..
Call me IOA's attendance equals AK (WDW least attended park). As of 2009 figures that would take an almost 100% increase in attendance.

JustInTime

I am reading these "rumors" around here about this and that, and Disney Seas, and I am telling you I got the scoop on Disney World announcement in October..

its the YEAR OF" WE AIN"T DOING NOTHING."

while Disney watches and waits for Universal to announce HENRY POTTER TWO Expansion, We all get to enjoy the year of "We AIN"T DOING NOTHING".

no expansion, no upgrades, NO NOTHING, except a price increase.. which you all can't wait for.

so Climb aboard and get ready for the YEAR OF "WE AIN"T DOING NOTHING". it will be magical as we sit back and count our money and continue to slide back towards the competition.. Watch in fun and excitement as we charge more for a Coca Cola. and maybe even bring back buying tickets for various rides.. so not only will we raise the price , BUT YOU CAN PAY A PREMIUM to ride certain rides..

Yes the Year of " WE AIN"T DOING NOTHING" will be so special our accounting staff.. As we rake in the bucks and SPEND NOTHING.. Almost like Great America, and look what its doing for THEM..

watch as we cut back staff,. refuse to clean the toilets, and fail to replace light bulbs or do the painting..

Smell the smells as we cut back on cleaning of the uniforms and the Character outfits..

its going to be something else..

THE YEAR of "WE AIN"T DOING NOTHING"..

brought to you by the memory of Michael Eisner..

We "ain't doing nothing" is a double negative. So what you are saying by this thread title is that TDO is in fact "Doing Something". The correct wording should have been "We are doing nothing". :wave:

AndyMagic

Meanwhile the news reports today say that Universal Orlando has been sold to Comcast. Hhmmmm...

I am not arguing a lot of what you say, as I think many parts of WDW are in dire need of work and improvements, BUT the expansions that Universal do now will probably be it. And though they have been extremely hyped up and good for Universal, these would be considered minor expansions if Disney had done them.

Universal Orlando hasn't been "sold to Comcast." Comcast is the parent company of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal owned 50% of the Orlando resort while Blackstone owned the other 50%. What Comcast is doing is purchasing that remaining 50% of the resort that was owned by Blackstone so that NBCUniversal can have full control. That would indicate interest in the parks and more investment, not less.

menamechris

Universal Orlando hasn't been "sold to Comcast." Comcast is the parent company of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal owned 50% of the Orlando resort while Blackstone owned the other 50%. What Comcast is doing is purchasing that remaining 50% of the resort that was owned by Blackstone so that NBCUniversal can have full control. That would indicate interest in the parks and more investment, not less.

Oh, wow. So what you are saying is that Blackstone sold their interest to Comcast?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Now.. while my post is a farce.. you have to admit, that Universal is doing a TON, and Disney world isn't hardly doing anything.. NO major rides.. and the Fanstasy Land Upgrade, is minor at best..

I am sorry, but its NOT WHINING, when your direct competitor is Expanding TWICE, while you sit on your hands..

wait until this last HP movie comes out.. oh and I purposely use HENRY POTTER instead of Harry Potter.. as a jab towards Universal..

but when this last movie comes out and does RECORD BOX OFFICE, its going to affect UNIVERSAL IN A BIG WAY.. and its going to be extremely profitable for them..

so go ahead, ,defend the Michael Eisner school of theme parks, because if it continues, MY ORIGINAL POST will not be very far off..

Wow, how pithy....

And I'm also willing to bet you still think King Louie was part of the Jungle Cruise ride?

Careful you don't trip doing all of that backpedaling.....

Atomicmickey

So, um, where's the press release from Universal? What is THE TON that they are doing, right now?

Where is this Fanstasy Land that you speak of?

And, as long as you know that the final Henry Potter film will be making record box office, can I get the final scores for the World Series, Super Bowl, etc. from you, as well, please? That would be helpful, thanks!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
So, um, where's the press release from Universal? What is THE TON that they are doing, right now?

Where is this Fanstasy Land that you speak of?

And, as long as you know that the final Henry Potter film will be making record box office, can I get the final scores for the World Series, Super Bowl, etc. from you, as well, please? That would be helpful, thanks!

Always been a dream to get my hands on that Sports Almanac of the future from Marty McFly. Glad to see the OP found something along those lines....

Now just a Blue Book of Grammar for him.....

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I would hardly say nothing is happening. Outside of California Adventure, I don't think there is any US resort that is getting anywhere near the additions of WDW.

Just off the top of my head
Star Tours II
New Haunted Mansion queue and Hitchhiking Ghosts scene
Magic, Memories and You
Town Square Theater
Complete refurb of all Main Street Exteriors
Wild Africa Trek
New Tiki room

2012 - 2013
New Dumbo
Little Mermaid
Snow White coaster
New Fantasyland restaurants and place-making
Art of Animation Resort

+ whatever else will be announced, which is likely.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I would hardly say nothing is happening. Outside of California Adventure, I don't think there is any US resort that is getting anywhere near the additions of WDW.

Just off the top of my head
Star Tours II
New Haunted Mansion queue and Hitchhiking Ghosts scene
Magic, Memories and You
Town Square Theater
Complete refurb of all Main Street Exteriors
Wild Africa Trek
New Tiki room

2012 - 2013
New Dumbo
Little Mermaid
Snow White coaster
New Fantasyland restaurants and place-making

+ whatever else will be announced, which is likely.

Exactly, as well as the Art of Animation resort (2012), which will allow more people to visit.
Add in little things like the Skyway station demolition / renovation that will help resolve a traffic bottleneck.

I just think it's odd to say that WDW is doing nothing when there are people calling it "Walled Disney World" because of the number of construction walls up and around.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
As a big Henry Potter fan myself, I'm disappointed that we haven't even got one theme park ride or land devoted to the series.
Brilliant.

Have you ever had a "Watch This" moment?

Doing something just to do it is not the answer and is a horrible business model. Im not speaking for the universe, but Im glad you arent running the show.

DisneyMusician2

Brilliant.

Have you ever had a "Watch This" moment?

Doing something just to do it is not the answer and is a horrible business model. Im not speaking for the universe, but Im glad you arent running the show.

Yeah, this is for sure. Reactionary changes and spending for the sake of spending isn't the business model for the most profitable theme park area in the world. Now, if you want to debate how the money is being spent or the quality, that is a completely different issue.

As many have said, TDO may be lacking on some of the quality issues but you can't say that they aren't doing anything. They are adding quite a bit to both the resorts, parks, and even adding new tours and experiences. Whether they will be as good as promised and meet expectations for Disney remains to be seen.

Oh, wow. So what you are saying is that Blackstone sold their interest to Comcast?

I don't think Comcast ever wanted the parks. That may have changed since Harry Potter has brought a lot of new revenue, but it's probably more likely that Comcast is purchasing from Blackstone to make it easier to sell the entire unit rather than just their 50% interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom